Who molted today?

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
Woke up to see my C. versicolor adding another layer of web. I thought 'Oh, finally going to molt!' and wasn't wrong, hour or two later when I checked on it, it was already on its back and molted in next hour.
Looking forward to see missing leg it lost during last molt come back a little.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
20191111_105839.jpg

About time! Little cranky booger is lucky that molt is far too small to even bother trying to sex. Probs gonna rehouse after a little time to harden.

0.0.1 H. pulchripes

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My little Idiothele mira emerged looking bigger yesterday after being underground for 2-3 weeks.

She is too skittish to let me photograph her blue suede shoes, but she's still among my favorites.

Enceladus

Arachnopeon
My T molted over the weekend! I can't say 100% what species it is, but I believe it to be a C. schmidti. I woke up Sunday morning and checked on it like I usually do. It's burrowed all the way down to the bottom of the container, so I can see it if I look up and underneath the container. That morning, I could see it laying on it's back and excitedly left for the day to do what I had planned. I had been hoping it would molt soon. After a flurry of eating and making appearances above ground (VERY rare for it), it went the last month not eating and barely moving.

When I came back home Sunday evening, I could see it up and moving around again in it's burrow and the old skin laying around, still in its burrow. I was hoping it would bring it up and out. Alas, it hasn't. Seems like it actually crammed it in a corner of the container and has mashed it into a little ball and wedged in there out of its way.

Because it typically stays underground, I can't see it super clearly. It's overall body doesn't look much larger, but it's legs are twice as thick as before! Also, colors are more vibrant. It is definitely a golden color now, and the black stripe running down its back is very prominent now.

I can't get a good picture of it, but I do hope to rehouse in the next few months (into a much deeper container) so hopefully i can get pictures then.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Two of my Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens moulted. GBB #1 & GBB #2 have moulted either yesterday or at the end of the day before. I was looking into their enclosure and for a second, I thought I was looking at 2 spiders crammed into their webbing under their hides. They had been a bit sluggish for the last couple of days, now it makes sense. I have been unable to recover the exoskeletons, as yet, they are buried deep into their webbing under their enclosures.

GBB #5 has been acting sluggish and refused food. Yesterday it had webbed itself into its under the hide in the enclosure. There could be another moult in a couple days.

Chuck Z

Arachnopeon
My T. stirmi is still in the process of moulting. I am very excited as he had a couple of limbs missing when I bought him. He is one of my treasured T’s.

Attachments

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I guess the spider gods decided to throw me a bone after both of my Chilobrachys sp. Kaeng Krachan molted out mature males over the last two weeks.

20191115_183355.jpg

Chilobrachys sp. Vietnam blue, now a 2.5-3" molt-confirmed female! :)

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
A6397780-A173-4771-BCA2-784DB7E5F27A.jpeg She pushed half of the molt out of one side of her tube and the other half out of the other side.

I’m 80% certain she’s female, but cannot molt confirm with this shredded disaster.

Edit: Avicularia minatrix