Who molted today?

TwiztedNinja

Arachnobaron
3 months into the hobby and 14 Tarantulas later, I was starting to wonder when I was going to witness my very first molt in person. Last night the dry spell finally ended when I noticed my C. versicolor was in the process of molting. It took a couple seconds to register that the very strange position it was in, was perfectly normal

Needless to say, it was an exciting and memorable night. lol. I really was a bit confused as to why none of mine had molted yet, when I see many other keepers talking about how they witness it often from different T's

Cant wait until later today when its hopefully more mobile and visible

Attachments

NorseDad

Arachnopeon
Very nice. I'm hoping to get a couple C. Versicolor in December.

Hey, do you think I can use you as an example? 3 months and 14 species makes my 2 months and 4 species seem very modest. Hoping the wife will see this and suddenly find me a much more reasonable person. ;)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Over 20 years later and I am still awestruck every single time. Still worried too.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Adult female Avicularia avicularia M1 I bought at an expo and later dropped a fertile sac molted.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
My little Lasiodora parahybana sling just might have...its abdomen looked large and shiny. Little thing just wasn't acting the same. Today she's in the mouth of her burrow and acting hungry.

I just can’t see passed her into the burrow to see if a mount is down there....patience, I guess.

TwiztedNinja

Arachnobaron

Hey, do you think I can use you as an example? 3 months and 14 species makes my 2 months and 4 species seem very modest. Hoping the wife will see this and suddenly find me a much more reasonable person. ;)
Haha. Be my guest. I hope Im able to help out. LOL

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek

I went from 8 to 200 in 8 months if it'll help your cause

aarachnid

Arachnoknight

I talked to my partner about getting 7 more t's, thinking he'd discourage me. He did the opposite. He doesn't "get" my love for tarantulas, but he's been so encouraging. I hope your partner and you can reach an agreement. :)

Five (five!) of my tarantulas are in premolt, but my itty bitty B. hamorii molted. Those tiny hairs. I love how see through slings are right after they melt.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
My A. minatrix female molted, and I’m always impressed by how much size she gains. Wish I could get photos of her tiger butt beauty through all the webbing and ventilation holes. :watchingyou: