Who molted today?

Oumriel

Arachnosquire
Busy weekend. N.chromatus, GBB, B. smithi, 2 A. purpurea slings and 2 P. metallica. My genic is still dragging her big booty around and should go by this weekend. Was finally able to confirm sex on smithi and one of the metalllicas, both male. My other metallica's dorsal stripe has lightened up with this molt but she shredded the abdomen part so I cant confirm if she is f for sure.

awiec

Arachnoprince
awe no fun mines not skittish, tho he didnt like a light in his face for my picture a few hrs ago lol, but he only distorys the sexing area [tho may have got it soon enough this time] such a pain when they destroy molts tho -.- i hate my suspected fem gbb for that. webs her molts up seemingly within hours... but i havnt got her to eat in over a month.. so ima flip if it dont molt soon
My suspect male GBB flips his lid if I try to take the molts away from him, so by the time I get them they are useless, ah the joys of sexing ventrally.

On topic, my M.balfouri molted sometime last week, I can never tell when it does, it just suddenly gets bigger.

gobey

Arachnoknight
P. Regalis #1 FINALLY MOLTED!

2nd molt in my care. Gotta be 1.5" or more. Closer to 2" maybe. But now he's decided to become a reclusive tarantula when before he was very keen to display himself. He won't eat either....

Frustrating little T.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
5 inch p.regalis female molted. About 5.75 and sporting some faint purple highlights!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
WOOOOOO i just noticed my susp. Fem gbb sticking butt out her fave hole of her web tunnels.. started looking and deeeep in a web tunnel i see a molt wooot! Was like 18 fasting days and 56 days from last molt whew took forever! Esp at 80deg -.-

cold blood

Staff member
A. versicolor molted early this morning. Judging my its pale complexion, I'd say it just finished up within the last hour. Was 1.25"

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Brachypelma boehmei, Lasiodora parahybana and a B.verdezi molted this morning. A Caturumi cf. argentinsus molted a few hours ago.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Remember the Hapalopus "Pumpkin Patch" I reported the moult for? Well, Due to the webbing, i never hot a relly good look at it. So earlier as i passed by, i noticed it beneath a sheet of webbing, on its back.

Yup, moulted out male. I really wasn't expecting it to mature so soon, but then, I'm totally unfamiliar with dwarf species,. I thought it had a little more growing to do. I took a better look at it and confirmed the presence of tibial hooks, and the palps transformed into boxing gloves aswell, so there is no mistake. Sigh. Well, I'm sure it won't be the only male out of the six new ones, but at least the rest have quite a bit of growing to do before I find out.

GG80

Arachnoknight
B. smithi sling molted early this morning, didn't grow much but looks around 3/4" DLS now.

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my black spider molted

Hard to beat a mature female Grammostola pulchra jet black ,shinny and good size

windscorpions1

Arachnoknight
B vagans spiderling molted earlier today. Found the little guy eating his molt afterwords. Seems like the red abdomen is finally showings some real color now too.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Just found my L. parahybana sling flipped again. This was a close call in a way. I was getting ready to open up the cup and toss in a mealworm when I noticed that it looked like the spider was on it's back. Close inspection revealed that to be the case. I had crushed the mealworm's head, so that wouldn't have been a problem, but I really don't like to disturb them in any fashion when they are moulting. I wouldn't have even picked the cup up if I had realized the spider had flipped over.
I really wasn't expecting it quite yet. It has only been a few days over a month and two weeks since the last one. Of course, the L.P.s do moult pretty regularly when they are slings I gather, so I shouldn't be surprised.
I'll report back later to let you know how it went. It must have just flipped, it isn't making the motions yet.

Edit: It has finished. I watched almost all of it and I'd estimate it took 40 minutes or so. Cant get a real close look at it until it is safe to do so, but it appears to have gone well.

Last edited:

Medusa

Arachnoknight
Been away for about a week. Came home to see my L. violacoepes female had kicked out a shed. Sorry I missed that appearance. I haven't seen her since July. [emoji16] Also my P. murinus had a shed at the edge of the burrow.

cold blood

Staff member
Following an elusive 3 weeks, my I. mira emerged from the trapdoor significantly larger.