What happens to your tarantulas if you die?

What happens to your tarantulas if you die?

• My tarantulas go to another keeper either here on Arachnoboards or in the Meat World.

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • I'm an immortal, I don't worry about such things.

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • I haven't thought about it.

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Family members will probably throw a bug bomb in my T room.

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • This sounds like a plot to get my Ts

• Other

• Total voters

Magenta

Arachnosquire
I was thinking about this the other day. Most of my family is terrified of spiders, and would probably throw in a bug bomb to kill them all. I asked my sister(who doesn't like them) to make sure they are given to other keepers, probably people on the board who are near me. She has a friend who isn't afraid of spiders and would probably help with this.

Anyway, has anyone else made arrangements for their Ts?

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
I can't say I have thought too heavily on this matter. I'd hope that my girlfriend would take care of them for me, or at least arrange for other passionate and trustworthy hobbyists to enjoy them.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I think my GF would either take care of them herself, or take them to Anastasia, who she really liked when we met her last month at a Reptile Expo.

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was in hospital about 6 months and my mother cared for the tarantulas when I was gone. I'm sure she would sell them/give them away. Atleast she wouldn't kill them.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Nowt. They'll just cart on. Not even a single solitary tear. Miserable bar stewards the lot of them.

creepa

Arachnoknight
Dying is the last thing on my mind...
And excuse my French but i realy dont give a <edit> what happens to my t's as long as my son is covered when i go...

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
I actually have thought about this. Considering I can't predict where I will be or who will be in my life in the future when it comes time to think about creating a will, my thinking is based on what my situation is now. At this point in time, there is no one I know who would have the interest or knowledge to deal with my living or alcohol preserved collection. Because of that I assume anything alive would be destroyed and my alcohol preserved collection would be thrown away. Due to that, I would have to figure out how to create a will where my living collection is donated to any number or zoos or wild life collections and the preserved collection would be donated to one or more academic institutions. That's best case scenario. Worst case scenario I kill over before a will is created and in that case, everything gets destroyed because no one will know what to do or want to deal with it. Now I'm going to have to go watch cartoons for a while because this is bumming me out. :p

clive 82

Arachnoknight
I was thinking about this the other day. Most of my family is terrified of spiders, and would probably throw in a bug bomb to kill them all. I asked my sister(who doesn't like them) to make sure they are given to other keepers, probably people on the board who are near me. She has a friend who isn't afraid of spiders and would probably help with this.

Anyway, has anyone else made arrangements for their Ts?
Mine would go to my sister & brother in law who sparked my interest in Ts in the first place.

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
I'm only in my 20s, I've got 60+ years before I have to worry about that
I can tell you have nothing to-do with medicine, professionally.
Not meaning to paint it black but... Everyone here, including you, can leave one way or another, at any moment...

basin79

ArachnoGod
If you don't have family or friends who contact you I feel you owe it to any pet to set something up for them so when you die they're cared for and don't merely dehydrate/starve to death.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No arrangement necessarily, but all my enclosures are labeled with species and sex. I also put a skull picture on my OW ones.

Leila

Arachnobaron
If I were to die today, I know that my fiance would take care of my Ts. As far as the hundreds of eggs presently in the incubator, I have no clue if he would continue where I left off.