URGENT QUESTION.

Pokezilla1231

Arachnosquire
Would you recommend me bringing in a g. pulchripes sling for bring your pet to school day? It's in June so it may have grown.
I would advise against that because many things could go wrong, I also have a question of my own. My mexican red rump sling has been in premolt for a few days and the bald spot is now REALLY black. When should I start being concerned?

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
I would advise against that because many things could go wrong, I also have a question of my own. My mexican red rump sling has been in premolt for a few days and the bald spot is now REALLY black. When should I start being concerned?
My personal opinion would be right now. It may be stuck. Leave it for a few days but if it does not molt, take it to a vet or tarantula professional.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Almost confirmed I'll get a G. pulcherips sling very soon. I will give it a pill vial. How much substrate and what temperature?
THE URGENT QUESTIONS;
What do I do when it molts?
When do I give the sling a water dish?
What do I feed it?
Are they handleable as slings?
How do I remove the molt when it has shed?
How do I get the molt if it molted in its burrow?

THESE ARE URGENT QUESTIONS AS I WILL BE GETTING IT VERY SOON.
These aren't urgent questions.

1. Nothing, provide it water at all times.
2. See 1.
3. Crickets
4. No
5. However you want
6. Wait and see if it pushes it out, if not, leave it. If you can't stand the fact that your T knows everything about being a T, and you (and everyone else) don't, dig it up.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Would you recommend me bringing in a g. pulchripes sling for bring your pet to school day? It's in June so it may have grown.
Aweez that's actually a good idea. As long as you can make sure it's safe and doesn't escape, then yes. That would be cool. People would totally not scream and run for their lives XD

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
These aren't urgent questions.

1. Nothing, provide it water at all times.
2. See 1.
3. Crickets
4. No
5. However you want
6. Wait and see if it pushes it out, if not, leave it. If you can't stand the fact that your T knows everything about being a T, and you (and everyone else) don't, dig it up.
thanks.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
This one girl would faint lmao.
Fear of spiders always perplexed me. Arachnophobia makes sense, because a phobia is a psychological disorder, but just the inherent dislike or disgust of spiders? Never understood it. I always thought spiders were the coolest things in the world.

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
Fear of spiders always perplexed me. Arachnophobia makes sense, because a phobia is a psychological disorder, but just the inherent dislike or disgust of spiders? Never understood it. I always thought spiders were the coolest things in the world.
I am beginning to understand that now. I cannot wait to get my golden knee.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I am beginning to understand that now. I cannot wait to get my golden knee.
Don't get me wrong, certain spiders look "creepy" because of their body shape and proportions. Take Aphonopelma chalcodes, for example. Females are chubby and have short stumpy legs and they're adorable. Then the males are just like "HEY KID WANT SOME CANDY? MY VAN'S FULL OF IT"

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
My personal opinion would be right now. It may be stuck. Leave it for a few days but if it does not molt, take it to a vet or tarantula professional.
What?! :rofl: Firstly, any vet claiming to be able to help a tarantula is only after your money. They can do nothing. Secondly, even if it was stuck (it's not), there is absolutely nothing that can be done. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, mate.

Ok I hope its ok
It's perfectly fine, ignore literally every letter of that reply.

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
Don't get me wrong, certain spiders look "creepy" because of their body shape and proportions. Take Aphonopelma chalcodes, for example. Females are chubby and have short stumpy legs and they're adorable. Then the males are just like "HEY KID WANT SOME CANDY? MY VAN'S FULL OF IT"
WHY AM I LAUGHING SO HARD?

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
What?! :rofl: Firstly, any vet claiming to be able to help a tarantula is only after your money. They can do nothing. Secondly, even if it was stuck (it's not), there is absolutely nothing that can be done. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, mate.

It's perfectly fine, ignore literally every letter of that reply.
JESUS MAN I'M NOT AN EXPERT NOW I'M CRYING (i'm joking)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
If you do, I would keep the container closed. Don't let anyone handle the tarantula, because that increases the risk of injury (to the spider) and escape.

And with any venomous animal, even something as benign as Grammostola pulchripes, allowing someone to handle it may expose you, your family (since you're a minor), or the school to potential legal liability.

Last edited:

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
If you do, I would keep the container closed. Don't let anyone handle the tarantula, because that increases the risk of injury (to the spider) and escape.

Any with any venomous animal, even something as benign as Grammostola pulchripes, allowing someone to handle it may expose you, your family (since you're a minor), or the school to potential legal liability.
I have decided against it.

cold blood

Staff member
What could you possibly be worried about??? That's how they grow...and pre-molt can last months...you shouldn't be concerned in the least.

May be stuck??? How? It is just in pre-molt and not molting.

As @EulersK said, vets are useless...things that go wrong, just go wrong, there's nothing one can do at a vet that you can't do at home. 99.99% of vets are not trained in the least in tarantula care. One of our users here's mom is one of those very few with a little training, but even then, there's no reason to be spending $ at a vet with a t.