Today in the Spider Room?

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
My N. coloratovillosus has a really nasty temperament, goes right to threat pose at the slightest thing. It was suggested I change the plants and give it a bigger hide.
It has now stuffed the hide with substrate, then ripped out the plant and stuffed it into the water dish.

I give up. There's no pleasing some people.

kristof55

Arachnopeon
Feel like I'm spamming this thread, but I rehoused Mickey the T. albo in their new enclosure today and I love it! Got a few hairs kicked at me in the process, but I can't say I blame them... can't be easy to have your entire life uprooted and then get deposited into an entirely new environment. On the plus side, it's going to be a good long while before I have to do anything major to this new enclosure.

Attachments

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
My N. coloratovillosus has a really nasty temperament, goes right to threat pose at the slightest thing. It was suggested I change the plants and give it a bigger hide.
It has now stuffed the hide with substrate, then ripped out the plant and stuffed it into the water dish.

I give up. There's no pleasing some people.
Mine is really nasty too. She's like Satan incarnate. By far the worst tempered tarantula I have.

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
Put in new water dish for N. coloratovillosus since it filled the last one with fake plant.
So it dragged the fake plant across the enclosure and stuffed it into the new water dish.
<expletive>

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
A few days ago, I gave Bulldozer (Grammostola pulchra) a dubia roach, but I must not have crushed its head enough, because it promptly buried itself, and I could not find it.

A few days later, my husband gave her a white roach as a special treat. I said, "OK, but if we find the other roach, we have to remove it, because that is too much food." The next day, I saw Dozer trying to drag her water dish back to get at the first roach, which was hiding between the dish and the wall. I distracted Dozer to remove the roach before she could reach it.

Dozer spent the next several hours tearing apart her enclosure to find it. (I felt kind of bad for taking the roach and was tempted to give her something else, but she really doesn't need another meal.)

KenNet

Arachnosquire
Rehoused my adult female Holothele longipes 😍 and my small Pseudhapalopus sp. Colombia (no colors yet). All went smooth. Nothing ever happens...

USNGunner

Arachnosquire
Another rehouse. This time my Neoholothele incei. When folks say these guys are fast, they are not just whistling dixie!

This was a challenging rehouse. The enclosure and tunnels were all one giant webbed maze or hide, dirt, and everything else in there. It all wanted to come up in one chunk. So not smushing the T was obviously the first priority, but that quickly changed to, "DO NOT LET THAT THING CHARGE UP THE TONGS!" LOL.

Seriously an interesting morning as I was not prepared for one giant web mass. But we got it done.

With the entire works in my "roach sorting/transfer" tub, I ended up lifting the blob over to the new enclosure and it teleported down into it. But then, just as my grandson put the lid on, it tried teleporting up and out. One second it was down on the deck, then there it was up at the top corner. "Click!" Kyan froze in place holding the lid "on", but not pushing it down an risking pinching feet. The kid thinks fast :)

Finally Inky dropped down a bit and we got it closed. Ok, Grandpa can breath now. A successful day. Lessons learned.

n incei.jpg incei cornor.jpg IMG_0688.jpg

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
I rehoused a Psalmopoeus pulcher sling out of a moldy enclosure into something more sightly

I installed LEDs on my spider shelf.

Fed everyone.

And started trying to teach my Tapinauchenius violaceus the keys.
PXL_20210822_183410169.jpg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Yesterday, I set up two enclosures for the Grammostola grossa and Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens that I got from Repticon.

I also downsized the enclosures of my new Theraphosinae sp. "Panama" and Kochiana brunnipes, because the enclosures I had prepared in advance of receiving them turned out to be a bit too big. In particular, I was concerned that the Kochiana brunnipes might be able to escape through the ventilation holes, so as a safeguard, I had placed the enclosure in a plastic bag in case it got out. My concerns proved well-founded, because when I removed the old enclosure from the bag to do the rehousing, I found "Houdini" chilling in the bag.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
First day of vacation and time for the 8 legs! I have just given a final enclosure to a P. victori and a P. emeraldus - easy transfer! A sling shelf was refilled, then I was able to take some pictures...

P. emeraldus in her new home:
DSCN8016.JPG DSCN8043.JPG

P. victori after transfer:
DSCN8023.JPG DSCN8031.JPG

A. purpurea and A. minatrix slings:
DSCN8056.JPG DSCN8054.JPG

Hungry Chromatopelma and Ph. cancerides outside:
DSCN8013.JPG DSCN8019.JPG

Sling self:
DSCN8041.JPG

Last edited:

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
My A. seemanni has returned to the surface since molting, and is either not mature or not male.
I wish I could get a pic for the board, (s)he looks GORGEOUS!

8 legged

Arachnoprince
G. pulchra and A. chalcodes waiting for prey:
DSCN8053.JPG DSCN8024.JPG

M. balfouris, as usual in a heap although there is enough space available and a P. reduncus juvenile:
DSCN8028.JPG DSCN8035.JPG

T. seladonia sling and my Ph. regius girl:
DSCN8042.JPG DSCN8027.JPG

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
A few days ago, I gave Bulldozer (Grammostola pulchra) a dubia roach, but I must not have crushed its head enough, because it promptly buried itself, and I could not find it.

A few days later, my husband gave her a white roach as a special treat. I said, "OK, but if we find the other roach, we have to remove it, because that is too much food." The next day, I saw Dozer trying to drag her water dish back to get at the first roach, which was hiding between the dish and the wall. I distracted Dozer to remove the roach before she could reach it.

Dozer spent the next several hours tearing apart her enclosure to find it. (I felt kind of bad for taking the roach and was tempted to give her something else, but she really doesn't need another meal.)
Poor spider is so hungry.

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
Lost my a. braunshauseni (M2, right?) Sling today. I thought it was dehydrated, so I watched it drink some water. It didn't survive, could also have been impaction. :confused: I don't think it was doing well since I got it, didn't eat, drink, or poop. Very lethargic as well.

Luckily, my local exotics store convinced a customer to bring back a freebie N. chromatus that he had given her, she didn't take very good care of it's enclosure. So, I got a little rescue sling today!

USNGunner

Arachnosquire
Lost my a. braunshauseni (M2, right?) Sling today. I thought it was dehydrated, so I watched it drink some water. It didn't survive, could also have been impaction. :confused: I don't think it was doing well since I got it, didn't eat, drink, or poop. Very lethargic as well.

Luckily, my local exotics store convinced a customer to bring back a freebie N. chromatus that he had given her, she didn't take very good care of it's enclosure. So, I got a little rescue sling today!
Well, that sucks.

But that's awesome.

We'll call this one push? :embarrassed: