Today in the Spider Room?

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
M. Robustum is still out but refusing food. Sucks because it's so much fun to watch it eat!
IMG_20210808_143947.jpg

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
My A. anax finally went into her hide. Only for a few hours but I'm happy seeing her fully explore her new enclosure.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
After nearly 2 weeks and a half of wait, my B. boehmei flipped earlier today to molt. Crossing fingers that all goes well. Hopefully later tonight or overnight I'll have a shiny new spider :)

joossa

Arachnobaron
After nearly 2 weeks and a half of wait, my B. boehmei flipped earlier today to molt. Crossing fingers that all goes well. Hopefully later tonight or overnight I'll have a shiny new spider :)
How big is it and how long has it refused food for?

joossa

Arachnobaron
Must be 6" or close to it. She last ate over 2 months ago.
Best of luck! Make sure to post again to let us know how it goes. Can't wait to see her brilliant colors.

I'm keeping a close eye on my B. boehmei since she has refused food for a while too.

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
Today I noticed these guys are already there, lol.
Chilobrachys sp. "Kaeng Krachan".
_MG_3797.JPG

Also, this girl started her eggsac "sheet".
Sickius longibulbi.
_MG_3721.JPG

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok, so she molted overnight. I can't get a good look at her yet because she's still hiding and the molt is in the way, but as soon as she feels comfortable enough to come out, I'll provide pictures in a brand new thread.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
At the beginning of the year I treated myself to three Hognas from three different breeders and it looks like there is a male among them! Hooray!

It should now be sub-adult or even adult. The legs are significantly longer than the other two!
DSCN7865.JPG DSCN7866.JPG

The women have enough space with 30 x 20 cm!
DSCN7872.JPG DSCN7873.JPG

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
After 145 days in it's burrow, my G. pulchra, Inmate #76932 has finally molted.
Now let's see how long till the burrow is unsealed and it reappears.

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
me: *provides multiple hides and a pre-made burrow*

blue baboon: *chills near the top of the enclosure*

me:

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
How long did he make it after his last molt?
Not even a year. Maybe nine months.
He didn't eat for most of it but took a roach a couple weeks ago so i thought he'd be around longer. Towards the end he was really wondering. I think he just wore himself out.

I think he hooked out around Christmas.
So, more like eight months.

Last edited by a moderator:

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
Not even a year. Maybe nine months.
He didn't eat for most of it but took a roach a couple weeks ago so i thought he'd be around longer. Towards the end he was really wondering. I think he just wore himself out.
I am so v sorry for your loss friend - what species? he was absolutely gorgeous

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I also think it was just about time. My P. murinus MM has now been paired twice and continues to build sperm networks. But hardly eats anymore ... He matured out in march but will not survive this year. According to my observation, OW males die earlier than NWs.

kristof55

Arachnopeon
Looked up from my computer just now and Mickey the T. albo, who had been chilling peacefully on the other side of the enclosure all morning, was sitting face first in their water dish. Apparently the goofy little fluffball was thirsty after their cricket meal yesterday. (Sorry about the glare—didn't want to disturb them by taking the lid off.)

Attachments

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Looked up from my computer just now and Mickey the T. albo, who had been chilling peacefully on the other side of the enclosure all morning, was sitting face first in their water dish. Apparently the goofy little fluffball was thirsty after their cricket meal yesterday. (Sorry about the glare—didn't want to disturb them by taking the lid off.)
You have a beauty!