Today in the Spider Room?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Girlfriend told me to get four 16 oz deli cup enclosures for Wednesday, I have no idea what they are, I have a guess or two, but still not too sure. The waiting game begins...

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Ahh shoot, the package is going to be coming tomorrow. Oh well, I guess I could live with the suspense a little while longer...it’s really bothering me now because I’ve been typing out all the guesses on my excel spreadsheet with what I think it is, only thing is I have two major species I want, so maybe she got me multiples? Is a pair too much of wishful thinking? Lol

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Four turned into eight as I placed an 'end of the year/season' order for myself....god I need help

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Four turned into eight as I placed an 'end of the year/season' order for myself....god I need help
Seems like your collection is growing a little fast there bud. Why don't you send some Ts to me and I'll watch them for you so you don't get flooded with spiders.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Seems like your collection is growing a little fast there bud. Why don't you send some Ts to me and I'll watch them for you so you don't get flooded with spiders.
Hahaha. I told my parents when they commented on how many tarantulas I had, that they had babies...

But, is it just more, or do others buy multiples of the same species sometimes to help ensure they get a female? I don’t do it all the time, just with my ‘favorite’ species

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
okay ive been talking about this alot (mostly because im salty) but i have been looking for a p audix for about 2 years now and i have seen 3 in that time span and i was ecstatic when i saw one and then caught it well imagine my face when after i put some fruit flies in its enclosure and i opened up the sealed tight critter keeper it was housed in to see... nothing... it escaped...

you mean https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC178kThBUvGNps5cabRP_2Q
i caught another one and its not getting out this time

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
feeding day the other day tried to get some feedings on camera but no one cooperated but im gonna feed my hogna carolinensis or as i just learned today i think it got moved to lycose so its a lycose carolinensis

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Rehoused my female Pamphobeteus sp. 'platyomma'. A bit large (16x10) and it's around 3.5", but it'll grow into a bit.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
My C. versicolor sling moulted a couple of weeks ago, and after that it was definitely time to rehouse Mr or Mrs Blue Berry. So, when I came back from my week-long vacation we got to it. Rehousing it was as easy as it could be, but it needed a couple of days to orientate itself...
20181031_rehoused.jpg
It wandered around quite a bit as if to see where the right place for its web would be. And it seems when I went to work this morning, my little sling got to work as well.
This is what it looked like when I came back just now, that whole corner in just 8 hours, there was no webbing at all when I left this morning.
20181102_it started.jpg
I'm so proud of him/her! :smug:
201801102_after 4th moult.jpg

Oh, and another sling of mine did a bit of work as well. I told you when I rehoused my T. cyaneolum it was sulking like a truculent teenager. And true to this sentiment, it rearranged its new home... it's subtle, but... well, let's see if you can spot the difference... :rolleyes:

Before:
20181019_new home.jpg
After:
20181031_new home_12 days later.jpg

Last edited:

MissouriArachnophile

Arachnoknight
P. Sazimai sling molted earlier, while one my A. Seemani and one of my A. Geniculata sealed off their burrows. My other A. seemani sling is sporting a premolt look along with my other A. geniculata. My Female A. Avic as been busy rebuilding her webbing in a new setup, my A. Avic morph 6(whatever), pretty sure it is a female have to wait til it molts again which will be awhile, already over 5 in dls. B. albopilosum hanging out in her burrow shoes been building, think she is waiting for food later today. L. Violaceopes and C. Fimbriatus, well I know they are alive they ate the other day, sure they are doing something in their enclosures.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
One of my Phormictopus has molted, wish the other three will molt soon as well. Planning to buy some display cases at Hobby Lobby to turn into enclosures. Sadly they don't make any large enough for the adults of the species I keep...Anybody know of any large display cases that can be turned into enclosures?

Also had a Phormictopus kick hair at me, really strange...

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Rehoused one of the Phormics into a ‘display’ enclosure so I can show my family whenever they pester me about them..

84AE9009-D686-4672-A01B-19CB25220FC8.jpeg

boina

Lady of the mites
I went on a rehousing spree during the last few evenings. The Africans (C. meridionalis and H. cafreriana) were easy as pie and the C. meridionals was exploring and redecorating her new enclosure 20 min after I put her in it. The burrowers, however...

I had to dig up my A. seemanni and V. paranaensis. I know Vitalius are supposed to be terrestrials, but tell that to my spider, please. Both were a pain in the hind quarters. I collapsed the tunnel on my seemanni because I was looking for her at the wrong place and had to use a brush to gently brush her out without hurting her because she wouldn't budge... then, of course, she suddenly comes hurtling out, fangs at the ready :meh:. Now both spiders are sitting in their new enclosures and are still sulking 24 hours later. I'm not looking forward to doing that with my new OW burrowers.

Then I rehoused both Tapi sp. 'Colombia', again easy, because I just grabbed the cork bark they used as hide with the spider in it and placed that in the new enclosure. Works brilliantly with arboreals at least 90% of the time. And since I was at it a few of the smaller ones got an upgrade, too (2 B. albo Nicaragua and my smallest T. cyano).

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Quick question to those who read this, do you think that people would be interested in playing 'tag'? By that I mean one person will make a video of them feeding part or all of their collection and then they'll 'call out' someone's username who in turn needs to make a video. I feel like this would be a cool way to see each others collection haha.

I had to dig up my A. seemanni and V. paranaensis. I know Vitalius are supposed to be terrestrials, but tell that to my spider, please.
Tell my antinous it needs to be more flighty and it needs to be in it's burrow more instead of wandering out in the open...

More tarantulas coming in today!! Also sending off a male that I just bought on a breeding loan, so hopefully in 6-8 months there will be a viable sac! Someone tell me it's going to be alright and that I shouldn't be freaking out

Last edited:

Marika

Arachnoangel
I rehoused H. chilensis sling. She's so fat, I hope she's going to molt soon, lol.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Whenever I feed the slings, I tend to feed whichever of the four juvies I have in display enclosures as well. Today one of the antinous and magna got fed as well.
7CF330ED-AB47-41A9-A0F6-5DEF67EC781D.jpeg A42CC75F-0DD3-41EE-9693-C7AB9C70B06D.jpeg