Today in the Spider Room?

RonC

Arachnopeon
Checked on my G. pulchripes today. It thoughtfully left me a window in the side of the enclosure I can peek into its burrow. Couldn't see the T so I got a little closer and changed angle. Little booger went into the fiercest defense posture a 1.25 inch T could muster.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Rehoused my H. sp. blue peru today. I tried the Exo Terra breeding box (medium) for the first time. We'll see how she likes it. ;)
And I finally finished my new spider shelf in my new spider room (well, the room isn't new, but hardly used before except for storage :p). The room is small but it fits that shelf very well, I think. :D
20181111_My collection.jpg

Oh, and do you remember when I rehoused my H. chilensis (I really like that new name!) a month ago and how nice it looked?
20181014_new home.jpg
Well, it doesn't look that nice anymore. :rolleyes:
20181111_not so new home.jpg
Today I gave up and moved her (still hoping) water dish after she buried it twice. :shifty:
But you can't be mad at such a cute little thing that looks so proud of its handiwork, now can you? :kiss:
20181111_culprit.jpg

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I think my OBT is broken. I rehoused my 3" OBT tonight, talk about underwhelming. It went very smoothly and I didn't even get a threat posture. Maybe I should have my 1.5" B. hamorii give it lessons, I get a threat posture from that little bugger every time I open its enclosure.

miamc12321

Arachnopeon
I think my OBT is broken. I rehoused my 3" OBT tonight, talk about underwhelming. It went very smoothly and I didn't even get a threat posture. Maybe I should have my 1.5" B. hamorii give it lessons, I get a threat posture from that little bugger every time I open its enclosure.
Love this. My B albo must have been an OBT in a past life. He's sooo feisty! But I think it's cute :)

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
sp. ‘flammifera’ is acting....interestingly. Never had a Pampho web up ‘everything’ in its enclosure. Mind you it’s nothing like a heavy webber, but it is doing a decent amount for the genus. Wonder if it’s preparing to molt, even though it’s only been 24 days since the last molt

Blonc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I saw a couple of toes from my B.albopilosum sling today. It blocked off all access to its burrow about a week ago and the only insight to the burrow consists of a spot on the backside of the enclosure where it left a tiny window. Through that I can see the very tips of two legs but no movement. I guess I'm now forced to hope for the best and that it'll get bored of hiding and come out in shiny (well... fuzzy) clothes.

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Moving some T's to new digs today so we snagged a few pics in the process of a
D. diamantinensis and i. mira.
20181114_122011-1.jpg
20181114_121104-1.jpg
20181114_121116-1.jpg

miamc12321

Arachnopeon
Husband watered everyone by himself today. I asked if everyone behaved. He said all but Chewy (B albo), because of course he didn't! My hubby said he did the usual angsty teenager crud... bite the water stream, slap the water dish, run into his hide... you know... the usual.

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
my obt sling thinks it's an avic and actually plan on getting a versicolor soon lol. my lp sat at the water dish most of the day instead of their usual wrestling matches. and my p.gigas was chillin as usual.

Potatatas

Arachnoknight
Woke up this morning to find my B albo has flipped! Really wasn't expecting this as he has only stopped eating about 1 week ago. Very exciting for me as this is the first time seeing a moult. Hoping to get home from work and setup a timelapse if hes still in process

Attachments

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Gave my P. cambridgei a mealworm. I accidentally dropped it into the water dish. I heard a noise when I got the worm out of the dish. Put the worm in a better spot and saw my P. cambridgei strike the side of the enclosure it was hanging out on. Apparently I pissed it off by trying to get it food...

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I tried feeding Dubia to my larger juveniles for the first time, I've raised them all from tiny slings on red runners. The reactions I got were pretty amusing. They ranged from "Run away! Run away!" to " OMG, what is that? I flick upon you" to " I will sit on you while I decide if you are food" to " I don't care what it is, I'm eating it". In the end everyone ate except the hair flicker.

Marika

Arachnoangel
I didn't think I would ever get an OW, but today I got a P. metallica! I haven't handled Ts before, but she seems to love it, she was even trying to hug me :happy:

DSC05532.JPG
DSC05534.JPG

I also got this one, I'm not sure what species she is. She has red spinnerets.
DSC05542.JPG
DSC05543.JPG