Today in the Spider Room?

Marika

Arachnoangel
My tiny A. bicoloratum sling looks like it's in premolt, it has a big and very shiny butt... It was carrying a ball of substrate and walking on a plastic leaf that it has as a hide. Suddenly it slipped and fell on its back, still holding the ball of dirt :rofl: One of the cutest things I've ever seen.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
0.0.5 Phormictopus sp. ‘blue’ slings! Can’t wait until they put on some size

Last edited:

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Misses sorted the first sac of C. elegans, and tomorrow will be sorting another. Over the weekend more elegans to sort. This sac ended up with a total of 94 in it.
20181011_161404-1.jpg

Malo

Arachnopeon
My B.Vagans finally came out to play with a new birthday suit after 2-3 months burrowed. Now around 3" or so.

B.Vagans noob.jpg

Minty

@londontarantulas
My other Pterinochilus lugardi sling moulted. Also noticed that my Poecilotheria metallica refused its food, so I removed it. Colours are darkening so I believe it's gone in to premoult.

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
my .5 obt has webbed the entire mason jar after a week of having it:happy:... above ground tho:astonished:

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Another sac sorted with 79 slings. The C. elegans are producing fertile clutches and I can't fuss about that. Sorting out a third one tomorrow and it was a bit larger so hopefully better numbers.

boina

Lady of the mites
My OBT stuck its feet out after 4 months of being burrowed. Good - I was getting worried. Now, if it could come out completely please, so I can see how big it is?

And I think both of my H. pulchripes slings are male :grumpy:. Not absolutely sure yet, though.

And I do suspect my 'confirmed female' P. pulcher is also a male. If this suspicion gets confirmed I'll be really pissed off :rage::punch:. I absolutely love this spider.

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
My OBT stuck its feet out after 4 months of being burrowed.
Mine has always been out and about, but has decided to disappear. Hope it doesn't get to 4 months though...

In other news, I decided to redo the enclosure my P. cambridgei due to the gap between the cork bark and the lid being too small. Shaved off a bit of the cork bark and took out a bit of sub and now it's satisfactory. I was expecting a long drawn out battle but it was relatively calm. Guessing it's in premolt.

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
My little male jumping spider chilled out in his favorite hiding spot (inside a spray bottle nozzle) and supervised while I fed the Ts. Just as I wrapped up feeding, he emerged and hopped back into his enclosure when I offered it to him. Perfect timing!
Later, outside the spider room, I carved a spooder pumpkin. I think it needs some fuzziness!

0A4618B0-1EAB-4CBF-A8E1-7F7C6B50BE19.jpeg

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Just rehoused my Homoeomma sp. fire sling:
20181014_new home.jpg
We'll see how long its new home looks this nice and tidy. :p

Minty

@londontarantulas
Rehoused my Caribena versicolor sling, last night. It's now in a 32oz deli cup for the next few moults. I could have kept it in its old enclosure for another moult but it would have been more difficult rehousing it later.

RonC

Arachnopeon
I didn't think my new arrival G. Pulhripes would eat but offered a meal worm last evening. Wouldn't even come out of her hide as I expected. Killed it and dropped it in the empty water dish with plans of removing it this morning if still there. To my surprise my little spidy had dragged it to another corner and was administering CPR. Sadly the mealworm didn't make it.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
I didn't think my new arrival G. Pulhripes would eat but offered a meal worm last evening. Wouldn't even come out of her hide as I expected. Killed it and dropped it in the empty water dish with plans of removing it this morning if still there. To my surprise my little spidy had dragged it to another corner and was administering CPR. Sadly the mealworm didn't make it.
RIP mealworm. My G. pulchripes sling was like this when I first got her too. She wants to be a lifeguard when she grows up. She's already moved up to assisting superworms. They grow up so fast...