Today in the Spider Room?

zsiciarz

Arachnosquire
I would still try with the paintbrush if she’s still alive. Best of luck.
She is gone :(
In better news, I rehoused my Heteropoda lunula into her final enclosure without any major drama. No pics as I wasn't in the mood to test my luck with a crazy spider.

goofyGoober99

Arachnoknight
Did two rehouses today. The B emilia and the T kahlenbergi that I got recently were both about twice as big as I was expecting so it was very much needed.
It took about an hour to get Clementine (the emilia) out (got my first threat pose and many hairs were kicked), but she is now in a much bigger bucket of dirt that she will soon be tirelessly excavating 👷‍♀️.
20240905_214801.jpg
The kahlenbergi (not yet named) was a bit faster. The paintbrush was bitten a few times (paintbrushes are very mealworm like I guess) and we did have to flood her out (I hated it I hope I never have to do that again) but it seems a hiding place has been found 😆
20240905_225415.jpg
We also got to see our more reclusive C elegans out and webbing for a couple minutes! Haven't seen this one out in the open in a couple months. Not exactly the best picture but it's what I got lol
20240905_215329.jpg

TLSizzle

Arachnobaron
My naughty T verdezi tried to escape. Her new enclosure will be here Thursday. I secured the lid with tape when I first put her in here. Apparently the tape gave way to her brute strength.
1000011314.jpg

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
D sp Panama, Emechi, seems to have a hate affair with her water dish..
Last month:
Wrestling it down
IMG_3197.jpeg
Webbing it down to the ground
IMG_3204.jpeg
Triumphant
IMG_3206.jpeg
Earlier this week, I noticed it moderately tipped sideways and straightened it back up. Today:
IMG_3393.jpeg

ladyratri

Arachnopen-minded
Arachnosupporter
A few feeding adventures in the spider room today.

Baby T. sp violaceus has been steadfastly ignoring the lesser mealworm caught in the webbing at the end of its burrow for days... So I fished it out, and tried the smallest cricket I could get instead.
Spoilers: it worked. Mostly. Might need a bigger front door.

MM P. irminia "Spunk" had rather an adventure. It was awesome to see him still hunt, even if he is a big derp:

But I'm spoiled by all my ladies preferring to stay in their cozy bins, and, well...
Not pictured: Spunk steamrolling implacably over my paintbrush three times, taking a stroll on the desk, and finally walking straight up the alley between two other enclosures and into the catch cup.

I'll definitely be keeping a closer eye on him when the lid is open.

LilithArachne

Arachnosquire
I don't have pics but my grammastolas sling molted after a couple months... and he looks exactly the same!!! ☆ Hooray!! ☆
(... And then the next day he decided to eat his molt!!!!)
So proud.

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
Its been about a month i suspected pre-molt. I was still starting to wonder if something else was up because i dont remember over feeding it or giving it too big prey.

well, she did it again. A lovely surprise. Carmen (was 4inches, molt confirmed what i measured on enclosure wall), my nhandu color molted. Shes a confirmed female. Was sold to me at 2inches unsexed.

molted twice in my care, this being the second time.

unfortunately, i wasnt able to see any signs of sucking stomach. So i guess its fifty fifty now.

as i lifted her molt into a ziploc for safe keeping it actualy dropped to the floor. And in my mind you could hear a long distorted slow motion NOOooo as i imagined the UrS flying in my kitchen.

so far, we are all still alive.

during pre-molt: her abdomen showed little signs. I could see lack of UrS where she kicks, but nothing more. She stopped coming out of her burrow for weeks. Didnt catch her out at night either. Noticed her water bowl had dropped in fuids though. She stopped eating altogether. Not even threatening prey i gave her once a week just in case. She basicaly lived in the burrow doing nothing. No digging, no bringing up bolus or poop. Nothing. Just looked like empty enclosure.

now rehoming, soon, because of mold 😫 really not looking forward to moving this one.

the white hazey stuff is her molting matt. That was not there yesterday morning.

A2E421D0-AE2E-4079-B6DF-4225EC16E8CB.jpeg EBE4D186-38BE-4DA3-8E77-76F0367D89D6.jpeg

Last edited:

zsiciarz

Arachnosquire
Got back from a vacation and spotted at least five molts as well as two (kind of expected) losses. My old male Catumiri argentinense passed (after 10 months as a MM), as well as my first ever jumping spider. She was about 2 years old and had a few phantom egg sacs along the way.

There's also a new beauty blooming in my P. irminia's planted enclosure.
1726469818636.jpeg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Got a few rehoused today , Grimis Theraphosinae sp Roatan, Christina small chalcodes female and Timmy bonnetina tanzeri juvenile male to name a few but I also rehoused my Cupcake Tliltocatl albopilosus ometepe island form male into his new viv. Is he blue like they said no, but does he look like a golden glowing angel with that light above his head yes 😆 . I had to share 😁
20240917_110440.jpg

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
First time in 10 years having a tarantula stuck in molt. My y. diversipes male was molting to his ultimate molt. Popped his carapace got abdomen out and nothing else. He has already hardened in molt so tonight i will probably have to euthanize.

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
Finaly, it came out of its burrow. Been a few weeks since the molt. So today is a good sign to see this B emilia out of its burrow. Soon, i will begin feedings again. Fangs still not 100% dark.

5D13AED9-E09C-4B3D-AD5B-633EC0DC7ED6.jpeg

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks like they've settled in. Both ate/are eating
View attachment 481244
View attachment 481245
I wanted g. Pulchripes but now I’m out of $$ and priority shipping wasn’t guaranteed the week I was able to order some. Lost mine to health issues in 2020. 🥲
Had multiple molts the biggest one got bigger around 8.5-9” big girl ,
Pamphobeteus sp. Platyomma
Lp around size but MM 7-8”
IMG_2330.jpeg IMG_2329.jpeg

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Bought some super worms over the weekend and got MM GBB, Kerü, to accept a prekilled one after more than a month refusing food. MM P irminia, Wei, (two months fasting) politely told me he still wasn’t hungry.
IMG_3435.jpeg
Careful there, man. Those legs are so long you might just tip over backwards.

I said NO, THANK YOU!
IMG_3440.jpeg (Also was the first time he’s ever threat posed me)

Last edited: