Today in the Spider Room?

Spinnenfritzi

Arachnopeon
My E. murinus sling made a new burrow in the center of her enclosure using branches and leaves to make an expansive funnel (the funnel uses nealy the whole surface area) to make the most amazing entrance.
She sits there like a queen (or king)

I tryed to fotograph it but i can't do it justice.

I am so in love with this sling

jennywallace

Arachnopeon
Juvenile female P. rufilata has been hiding in cork tube for a bit, but has just chucked out a moult. Looking forward to seeing how much size she has put on. Also 12 rehousings of small slings outgrown their deli cups.

drurymercy

Arachnosquire
My B albiceps molted! My T roatan molted and is being cute sticking its butt straight up I’ve never seen this before😂 mind u he’s not even 1/4 inch yet! Just thought it was so cute had to share a pic! Sorry the pics not the best the vial is super teeny tiny!! And my new Sericopelma Santa Catalina is a madman I’m in love!! He also behaves in a way I’ve yet to see he has dug from the center and made slopes in all 4 corners he chews on his plant and he RUNS everywhere!! I have to be very aware when opening to feed or fill up the water!!

Attachments

CalicoGremlin

Arachnopeon
IMG_20240609_092418.jpg
Caught my MM Poecilotheria vittata making a sperm web this morning. He's been tapping and looking for a lady the past few nights. Unfortunately for him I've not had any luck finding a local breeder who needs a male.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
View attachment 475180
Caught my MM Poecilotheria vittata making a sperm web this morning. He's been tapping and looking for a lady the past few nights. Unfortunately for him I've not had any luck finding a local breeder who needs a male.
Do you have access to the database? It may not be updated but you can see who has skin in the game, if you haven't already contacted them (top of the thread for the survey to add yourself if you didn't already)

Read the whole first post again when you're considering "local"

CalicoGremlin

Arachnopeon
Do you have access to the database? It may not be updated but you can see who has skin in the game, if you haven't already contacted them (top of the thread for the survey to add yourself if you didn't already)

Read the whole first post again when you're considering "local"

Oh thats a good idea! I listed him on the project when he was a sling. It's been long enough I'd forgotten all about it.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
My pretax dollars hard at work (thanks fsa store)
PXL_20240611_193026123.jpg

Have lots of urine testing to do of course, like 400 times to make sure, you know

TyphloEruption

Arachnopeon
Did a mini feeding day for my slings, my GBB and N tripepii have amazing feeding responses! My T albo has finished digging down on her enclosure and is now digging across. I saw my tiny Aphonopelma sp "Hinojosa" out today, a rare sight! No food for her though bc her booty is massive, may honestly be in premolt

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I did a lazy count. Each tally is 50. No losses so far. I need more cups
PXL_20240615_024346814~2.jpg
PXL_20240615_024352321~3.jpg

As @l4nsky warned, the work hasn't started yet, but I did take my last vacation for the foreseeable future, and bought my last tarantulas for a while 🤣

T verdezi