Genus Theraphosa

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I was attracted to this because it was an apohysis breeding report, hoping to score your male for my two females. Too bad I live in the states... Good luck with the upbringing.

The Sickness

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my last shot of a part of my apophysis :) I loved the angle

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wolfy72 said:
Ok i know im gonna regret askin but what exactly is the average price for a T.Blondi say about a 2 inch sling ???
Typically around $45 USD what's that, $63 CDN? it's been a while since I've travelled north I know exchange rates change all the time.

spideromaniac

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
T.Blondi / T.Apophysis size??

Ok I would like to ask a question here, please try to answer honestly.
No lies, everybody will have a tendancy to exagerate here but I shall ask anyway.
Who's got a huge T at home 8 inches and up lets hear it.
They get huge but we do not see a lot of big specimens around.
My T.Blondi is just about 8 inches, my Apophysis is only a sling but does that thing ever eat and have an attitude on its own.
Although she is rather small, she think she is huge.
A beauty with an attitude...

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
My T. blondi is eight inches measured diagonally, fully stretched out. I thought he was smaller than that until I actually measured him! I know there are people with much larger ones though. I'm pretty sure that he will mature with his next molt, but I think he'll be pretty huge!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
You know, I'm looking at the picture I just posted and man he is fat. But I really don't feed him all that much. I only feed him once every week, about 3-5 crickets. Sometimes I even wait two weeks between feeding him. Is it normal that they get this fat without overfeeding? I read that some people feed theirs 10 or more crickets a week and pinkies too! I can't imagine how fat those ones must be!

BEN-V

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here they are ! Freshly molted Theraphosa apophysis spiderlings ! Enjoy !

Anthony

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What a wonderful sight. Congratulations on this all your efforts paid off. This is a species we definately need more of. Are you going to breed the second generation ?

eman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congratulations Benoit! Fantastic!

When am I getting some?

Cheers!

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
nice photos, could you perhaps share the data also?dates/ temps humidity?

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
spideromaniac said:
Ok I would like to ask a question here, please try to answer honestly.
No lies, everybody will have a tendancy to exagerate here but I shall ask anyway.
Who's got a huge T at home 8 inches and up lets hear it.
They get huge but we do not see a lot of big specimens around.
My female blondi's last molt measured 9.5" (not diagonally). When she molts again, which should be later this month, I'll try and get a picture of the molt measured.

reclusa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Way to go!! Keep us updated on the youngsers status. I'd love to have one of them.:clap: {D