Genus Theraphosa

smokejuan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
solaceofwinter said:
looks more like an air tube for a fish tank being used as a water tube of some sort.
Pretty close :clap: The tube is part of the humidifier & air exchanger by Tropic Aire. Though not the best system it does help. I have the top of the 20L reptile aquarium lid somewhat covered and let the air exchanger bring in the moist cool air. The tube has holes up and down its length and attached to fish tank type air hose and to the exchanger or techy word for large plastic bottle filled with water and fitted with fish tank type fittings and hoses. Oh, and a sponge divider inside the plastic bottle. Not real sure whats its function. I believe the tank is 12" wide though not for certain, if you are wanting to use it as a guide to measure the blondi.

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i just looked at this product online, seems very interesting. how do you like it and have you had any issues with it? can you get some more pics of the whole setup?
i am pretty interested in this setup. can you give some more info. for anyone else interested here is a place to purchase the item:
http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?cPath=31_60&products_id=341
they had only one review but it was a good one. now im just guessing, but it looks like you would fill it with water, it would have an air inlet and outlet you hook up an air pump from say a fish aquarium and it pumps fresh humid air into the take via the outlet tube. this sounds really nice. would love some more feedback on this.

Last edited:

smokejuan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
its a 20.00 system (minus air pump). Make sure you buy a good air pump. I have learned the hard way. The cheap ones don't last long at all and performance drops off pretty fast. Ambient humidity of my T room is 38% and it is 75% in the 20L and the substrate is pretty dry for the moment on that half of the tank.
I cut a piece of cardboard to match the size of the screen on top. I cut a section out of the cardboard to fit a 24inch florescent light. So it is not exactly air tight.
I will see about getting pics from the outside of the setup.

Last edited:

smokejuan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
solaceofwinter said:
i just looked at this product online, seems very interesting. how do you like it and have you had any issues with it? can you get some more pics of the whole setup?
i am pretty interested in this setup. can you give some more info. for anyone else interested here is a place to purchase the item:
http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?cPath=31_60&products_id=341
they had only one review but it was a good one. now im just guessing, but it looks like you would fill it with water, it would have an air inlet and outlet you hook up an air pump from say a fish aquarium and it pumps fresh humid air into the take via the outlet tube. this sounds really nice. would love some more feedback on this.
That is correct on how it works. That is a good price. When you get it you will roll your eyes thinking you could build it yourself but it is worth the extra few bucks to pull it ready out of the box.

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LOL i think i may buy it, ive got a dozen pumps sitting around. trying to rig a way to hook more than one going into it. i think ill buy it just for kicks. i like to tinker with stuff anyhow...

just to let anyone know i found it for 11$ at amazon.com.

Last edited:

smokejuan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
solaceofwinter said:
LOL i think i may buy it, ive got a dozen pumps sitting around. trying to rig a way to hook more than one going into it. i think ill buy it just for kicks. i like to tinker with stuff anyhow...

just to let anyone know i found it for 11$ at amazon.com.
You mostly won't find a GOOD air pump at walmart. I recently bought a 2 outlet air pump to run 2 humidifiers. Best you should to if you are going to us more than one. The one I bought has greatly reduced in performance and is only weeks old. I have not looked into the problem very hard but As the others in the past the air plunger gets a crack in it. I am going shopping for a "real pump" soon I as research them.

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well like i said ive got about a dozen around here so ill give'em a whirl and see what I come up with. im sure it'll be okay. thanks for the heads up though!

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I picked up a Theraphosa blondi sling today. :)

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
she's going into premoult now, but this was my blondi a couple weeks ago.

half-threat:

holding her ground:

and one of her big booty:

kennfreeloader

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is the pic of one of the supplier's females that iv posted up in the discussions thread earlier. I was told that it is supposed to be an apophysis but due to the fact that the sling's do not have pink feet, they have labled it sp "Venezuela".

here's a sling

Last edited:

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi

I think it is ''only'' T. apophysis, only its tarsal and metatarsal hairs are darker. The lines on leg what is charakteristic to species you dont see because the female is quite old.

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have heard about T. apophysis without pink feet before... some breader in Canada had some discution about that a while back... declared to his custemers that it really was T. apophysis he sold and was shore... Proberbly someone in Canada knows what I mean..

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Bearo,

No it is the other way around, T. blondi with pink feet

Take care

Martin