Genus Theraphosa

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very nice looking T, but i thought you said LOTS of pics? :D
would love to see more enclosure pictures.

TBlondi

Arachnopeon
Your right she does need to be fattened up that is why I just fed her a mouse. She did just molt and that is why she is so skinny. :D I made another thread here of her eating the mouse. And I am going to be posting alot more pics as soon as i can make these pictures smaller

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice looking T, I've always wanted one but couldn't afford a decent sized one:mad:

smokejuan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Theraphosa apophysis and Theraphosa blondi pics (Fixed)

I have been changing tanks (hence the dry yellow water bowl in the pic) and substrate all afternoon and scratching and itching all the way. I just got done cleaning and refilling the Theraphosa apophysis tank when I took this picture. I thought it looks funny with the huge abdomen and skinny legs. This is the little jewel I almost lost last summer to a very bad molt. It endured nearly 4 months with out food and pretty sure no water. No fangs and mouth/stomach problems. If not for the age it was and frequent molts it most surely would not have survived. I think it has a eating problem now just in the other direction {D. This is after the molt where it lost its pink feet :( .

Next is my big blondi female eating after a molt. First, no I do not have a habit of feeding pinkies/fuzzies to my T's. Only the big ones get one and only after a molt to give them a large meal. Giving this one a few crickets after a molt is like giving a football player a bag of airline peanuts for a long trip.:D This is through glass but pics not bad.

Attachments

Last edited:

smokejuan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Stay away from Internet explorer 7 beta 2! Like an idiot I downloaded it yesterday. Most likely a change in or added format. I can see them fine :wall: . When I attached the pics I could not see them in preview. I added the urls and then I could see them in preview. So I when I finished and posted, I had double pictures so I removed the attached images now I am the only one to see them:evil: Way to go Bill! The ever increasing MS monopoly. Sorry, hope everyone comes back for the pics :8o I will attach them again. :8o

smokejuan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
OK. Now does anyone see the pics? I see double sets which is cool as long as someone sees them besides me.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yep, they look great. How big's your blondi? Mine's in pre-molt right now so I can't wait til it gets BIGGER and I get a hold of that molt to sex it. :D

smokejuan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
MindUtopia said:
Yep, they look great. How big's your blondi? Mine's in pre-molt right now so I can't wait til it gets BIGGER and I get a hold of that molt to sex it. :D
I would say she is a healthy 8-9". blondi's don't stretch out much, or at least mine doesn't. They tend to keep thier legs close to body so just a guess. She is a big girl. The water dish is 7" but the picture looks disproportionate. She has been a good girl and not defensive as some. Sometimes she does act like she does not want me to move her water bowl. I have several that do that. Right now she is putting together a ball of about 6-7 crickets and staring down an eighth.:}

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very nice pics. can you give me some info on what size your enclosure is for your blondi? also, what is that tube running down the side?

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
looks more like an air tube for a fish tank being used as a water tube of some sort.