Species Theraphosa blondi

leo3375

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cpt.nemO said:
Man despite the hairs, why shouldn't blondis not be handled ?? is it venomous ? whats the leg span ???

man the fangs on that must be huge !!!!
From what I've read, T. blondi has an attitude to match its size. As a species, it's very ill-tempered, and will readily kick very itchy utricating hairs if its hissing doen't deter you. All I can tell you is that you don't want to find yourself at the pointy end of its 1" fangs.

I don't have a T. blondi, nor do I plan on acquiring one. Too high-maintenance and too pissy for me.

andy83

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey everybody,

This is my T. blondi that I got a while ago from Swifts. The first pic is of when I got her, the second pic is when she first molted and the last picture is the second molt she's had since I've had her.

andy83

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm hoping it's a female but a male would be loved just the same. :)

andy83

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine just molted the other day. One more for you an he/she should look something like this(If it isnt't already that big).

mimic58

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Brian S said:
Mine is about 2 inches long

What size is yours Andy?
Nice pics your sling looks identicaly sized to mine , hopefully soon it will molt too

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just look how messey my t blondi is, the rest of my T's dump the corpses outside their borrows, but she dont, after i fed her 8 crickets last night, rest assured there was gonna be some mess for me, so i had to move her into a temp container while i did a spot of cleaning for her ;P, you can just about make out the cricket corpses ummmmm yummy!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the pics should be the other way round, sorry for the confusion :wall:

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Some Ts just (like ppl) think that someone else should clean up thier mess.
She never eats all the crix?
Why feed her so much?

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
she did eat all the crics, just left bits of head and legs about the place

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well she did have alot of crics mashed together, must of took her all night to eat, lol

gustavowright

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
{D Mine is just like yours....eating machine..but on the other hand mess less than yours do...luckly.