The OFFICIAL YouTube thread for tarantula care and husbandry channels

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I’m with @Ungoliant regarding Dark Den and Tom Moran. I have to give Tom the edge merely on personal preference as I am a content guy. Those of you in the States, who are old enough can remember Sgt. Joe Friday on Dragnet, “Just the facts...”, that’s me. Tom is no fluff, just good info. However, as far as icing on the information cake goes, I like Dark Den. He gets a chuckle almost every time I watch.

The above being stated, I get much more out of AB than YT. I only do YT for visual specifics.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
BirdspidersCH is #1. A channel with actual updates on taxonomy and revisions. Amazing footage in the wild. Nothing else like it.

Bugsnstuff. Amazing footage of spiders in the wild. Particularly Poecilotheria.

Tom Moran. I like his videos, but feel the majority are really catered to the beginner. Which is very boring after a while.

Predatororprey.online - experienced keeper who doesn't cater to beginners. Good husbandry too.

Davescott82(?)- experienced Canadian keeper.

lazarus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
From the channels listed I prefer The Dark Den, great video quality, nice editing and consistent upload schedule.
But my favorites are the channels that show tarantulas in the wild such as birdspidersCH, bugsnstuff and tarantupedia

Bree24

Arachnosquire
Petko for entertainment, Tom for knowledge, Exotics for ASMR and a good giggle.

Russette

Arachnopeon
Actually watching YouTube videos is what made me want to get a tarantula.
Before I didn't really understand the appeal in keeping one.
The two channels that explained that appeal best were probably The Dark Den and Tarantulaguy1976 (RobC).

I also like Bugsandstuff for the natural beauty of seeing Ts in the wild. It seems that they are also careful to return the spiders the were they found them.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I’d be a liar if I said I didn’t also.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
My vote went to Other - The Spiderman. I really enjoy watching all his videos but I especially enjoyed his videos on his Barylestis Scutatus, Snagglefang. He also seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Among those listed, I would say my favorite is probably Exotic's Lair. He won me over with the Sponge Bob clips, hahaha.

Last edited:

Razzledazzy

Arachnosquire
I enjoy a pretty small local youtuber called TarantulaHaven. He's got a really jovial attitude that reminds me of some of my family members.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Tom, informative he has been keeping for years no flashy editing and I get to see spiders straight away.

Petko occasionally, Exotic Lair occasionally, Deadly tarantula girl when she's counting slings (Oddly entertaining).
I watch other animal channels that have no arachnids, really like Emzotic. Anyone that has a clear passion for what they do.

Titandan

Arachnopeon
Dark Den used to be my favorite and I still look forward to Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays for new episodes. But I have been binge watching Tarantula Haven even though his videos are a bit longer. I like how thorough he is and how he has a theme most of the time. Quality of videos is really great.

I really like Tarantula Dan because he seems like a stand up guy but his video quality can be a bit better and I am not sure he's using a mic for his videos. A mic and better lighting could help his channel a lot.

I also like Tarantula Cave because he just seems like a down to earth nice guy and his videos quality is quite good! A lot of really great T Channels these days but I think Rob C's the one I saw like 7-9 years ago. He was the O.G. of Tarantula channels and he recently made a guest cameo on Tarantula Kat's channel. He's made a transformation of sorts but once he starts talking, it's undeniable that it's Rob C. Anyway, it's a great time to be in the hobbie!

Bipolar Spider

Arachnopeon
I only find them interesting whenever I return to the hobby, after a week or so it's the same info over and over again on each channel. Feeding videos no thanks

basin79

ArachnoGod
I only find them interesting whenever I return to the hobby, after a week or so it's the same info over and over again on each channel. Feeding videos no thanks
Feeding videos are the only intresting thing you can really do in fairness with tarantulas. Breeding vids are alright as are moulting vids but feeding videos are the most entertaining. Rehouses are boring.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I mainly watch videos made by Tom Moran (jealous of his Pamphobeteus sp. arano pollito and his various Phormictopus) and BirdspidersCH as I’ve started doing something similar by traveling around and looking for T’s.

Minty

@londontarantulas
I mainly watch videos made by Tom Moran (jealous of his Pamphobeteus sp. arano pollito and his various Phormictopus) and BirdspidersCH as I’ve started doing something similar by traveling around and looking for T’s.
I wish we had native tarantulas here, that I could search for.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I wish we had native tarantulas here, that I could search for.
I've never traveled in the US in search of Ts, I've traveled to South America (in the past for research and then more recently for a graduation gift to myself) and to India (visiting family). Save some money and travel, it's honestly a great way to make memories.