The OFFICIAL YouTube thread for tarantula care and husbandry channels

Minty

@londontarantulas
Wait! I'm quite sure he is Philippino so from Philippines! or I'm wrong?!
I have no idea haha. He sounded Singaporean to me, I spend a lot of time in Singapore due to my wife being from there.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I don't recall if I mentioned these before..

Predatororprey.online - doesn't make content specifically for beginners. Thank God.

Dave scott432 - same thing. Plus he's from Canada.

Tom Moran - nice for beginners. Not many of his videos interest the more experienced. At least in my case.

As for exotics lair.. I find it very interesting that his Cyriopagopus and Chilobrachys are always out and by the water dish when he does his watering vids.. he's a fool if he thinks it won't be defensive when he starts moving things right next to it. He acts surprised every time. :rolleyes: just putting on a show for the ignorant.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Are you eyeing any particular cameras you want to upgrade to? I'm always looking around but for some reason they always just remain the dream camera.
No. I'm absolutely brassic. Unless I win a grand or so on the lotto I've no chance.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Same boat here. Plus, whenever I think I could start saving up for one, the cash jumps out the window faster than I can look at it. Should probably buy lotto tickets more often:p.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Same boat here. Plus, whenever I think I could start saving up for one, the cash jumps out the window faster than I can look at it. Should probably buy lotto tickets more often:p.
You can 100% see it in my videos that the quality isn't quite there but it's more than acceptable for YouTube (well it has to be).

But I look at my pictures taken with my proper camera and would love to get that sort of quality into my videos.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
You can 100% see it in my videos that the quality isn't quite there but it's more than acceptable for YouTube (well it has to be).

But I look at my pictures taken with my proper camera and would love to get that sort of quality into my videos.
Your vids are great because they are *short*. I often have 5 or 10 minutes to watch something, and your vids are perfect for that.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron

Love the photos you took of your H. maculata! The webbing in the background with that species looks absolutely stunning!

I also enjoy watching your videos. You have such an amazing collection! It's been helpful to have the links to your videos in the "My Spiders" thread. Helping keep me up to date:smug:.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I could list all the things I like about his channel (e.g. those little outdoor adventures, his collaboration with Tarantula Dan, his ingenuity and creativity when it comes to enclosures and stuff)
I find the collabs boring, Dan's videos are also boring sends me to sleep Zzz.
I like looking at tarantulas not looking at someone talking to the camera for 10 minutes before I see a spider.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Love the photos you took of your H. maculata! The webbing in the background with that species looks absolutely stunning!

I also enjoy watching your videos. You have such an amazing collection! It's been helpful to have the links to your videos in the "My Spiders" thread. Helping keep me up to date:smug:.
Cheers.

Minty

@londontarantulas
@codicez what would you like me to clarify?

I find the collabs boring, Dan's videos are also boring sends me to sleep Zzz.
I like looking at tarantulas not looking at someone talking to the camera for 10 minutes before I see a spider.
The one issue I have with Dan is that he waffles a lot and repeats himself, a lot. If he was a bit more succinct, his video quality would improve dramatically.

Last edited by a moderator:

StampFan

Arachnodemon
The one issue I have with Dan is that he waffles a lot and repeats himself, a lot. If he was a bit more succinct, his video quality would improve dramatically.
I always wonder who the folks are that have the time and interest to watch Dan's 90 minute live vids. I always wondered what he's talking about for that long of a time, but have no interest in watching that much to find out.

I really enjoy the video quality and presentation style of Alex from Tarantula Haven. Great channel. Deserves more views for the quality alone. Doesn't matter if I agree with everything that these YouTubers do or say, but you can see his passion and his interest in the hobby and that will always make me watch.

Wish there were more quality exotic pet podcasts. @Tomoran has the entire T market right now. Makes the Monday morning commute less painful.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I always wonder who the folks are that have the time and interest to watch Dan's 90 minute live vids. I always wondered what he's talking about for that long of a time, but have no interest in watching that much to find out.

I really enjoy the video quality and presentation style of Alex from Tarantula Haven. Great channel. Deserves more views for the quality alone. Doesn't matter if I agree with everything that these YouTubers do or say, but you can see his passion and his interest in the hobby and that will always make me watch.

Wish there were more quality exotic pet podcasts. @Tomoran has the entire T market right now. Makes the Monday morning commute less painful.
I watched the live video for about 10 minutes not a single spider to be seen, just him fixing the camera and talking about stuff I couldn't care less about.
I find jon a lot more informative and entertaining.
Tom is great straight to the point no waffling on, exotic lair is good again straight to the point.