The OFFICIAL YouTube thread for tarantula care and husbandry channels

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
To me, it seems as though The Dark Den is so mainstream that it has lost its 'purity'. In an effort to appeal to all kinds of audiences, Petko has included videos displaying all sorts of inverts and even mammals
Exotics Lair also manages to hit millions of views on a WATERING VIDEO!! I think the key to his success is his 'purity'; meaning that he only focuses on tarantulas (at least 90% of his videos are about tarantulas). He doesn't waste our time with frogs, lizards and geckos, rodents, those damn assassin bugs, and other non-arachnids.
This is a rather ridiculous thing to say. Maybe Marko just owns those animals and features them in videos. Your criticism is akin to that of a Genwunner who only wants to ever see the first 151 Pokemon. Saying that a channel is "pure" due to focusing 90% on tarantulas is just harsh and wrong.

Minty

@londontarantulas
Which is your favourite channel and why?

I've only posted the ones that I've watched a few videos of and I couldn't think of others, so I'm aware there will be a few I've forgotten to list.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'm happy to notice that the "... what's your fav. YT T's channel" threads are still alive :angelic:

Without further doubts, Jon3800 - the lawnmower man - and... her majesty, Deadly Tarantula Girl, obviously :cigar:

Minty

@londontarantulas
I'm happy to notice that the "... what's your fav. YT T's channel" threads are still alive :angelic:

Without further doubts, Jon3800 - the lawnmower man - and... her majesty, Deadly Tarantula Girl, obviously :cigar:
I'm working nightshift and am bored, what's a guy to do? heh

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I watch all of the tarantula Youtubers (the top 3 not as much, I've never heard of) and give advice on social media as needed.

@DanBsTs has a good channel.

ParlourPalm

Arachnopeon
I really enjoy The Dark Den, I've learned a lot there about tarantulas wrt social expectations. My favorite was when he explained why owning tarantulas wasn't a weird substitute for dogs. Plus he's just so funny!

I'm definitely going to check out Tom Moran though! That looks very educational.

MikeyD

Arachnosquire
My favourite is BirdspidersCH. Bugsnstuff also has some great material. For entertainment I enjoy DarkDen and Tom Moran has good practical info. I subscribe to quite a few others and enjoy them all for what they are.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'm working nightshift and am bored, what's a guy to do? heh
Clearly I was joking (about those two I've mentioned, I mean). While I found Jon3800 funny (his mess of a room cracks me up, plus his fire alarms collection) I dislike every YT T's channels (save @louise f because I love my Viking sis) IMO they are boring and annoying and (not considering now at all the garbage/sub par info ones, e.g like pet shops/reptiles official YT channels) the rest are basically 'clones': change the avatar, the name, but not the rest, and (without the will to sound pompous) I have nothing to learn, in all honesty, care/set up/parameters talking.
They keep repeating the same stuff I've started to learn in early '90. When/if a bite reports happens, now I could be interested :)

Btw we should mention in the list our Eric Bana's channel as well, @EulersK

I've mentioned Deadly Tarantula Girl for joke... the last time we had a similar thread poop hit the fan :lock:

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
Tom Moran, without a doubt. His videos are very informative and his husbandry/advice doesn’t make me cringe.

InvertAddiction

Arachnoknight
So glad you weren't being serious with the deadly tarantula girl @Chris LXXIX . Truthfully other than boobs, she has nothing else going for her and is quite annoying. I get stressed just seeing how she keeps her spiders -_-. The Dark Den and Jon3800 for sure. Both are very educational (even if jon is a bit of a substrate scrooge lol) I haven't checked out some of our fellow members' channels, which I'll have to do that when I get home from work.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
So glad you weren't being serious with the deadly tarantula girl @Chris LXXIX . Truthfully other than boobs, she has nothing else going for her and is quite annoying. I get stressed just seeing how she keeps her spiders -_-. The Dark Den and Jon3800 for sure. Both are very educational (even if jon is a bit of a substrate scrooge lol) I haven't checked out some of our fellow members' channels, which I'll have to do that when I get home from work.
I've rated your comment 'Love' because I really, really love that people use my invented™ term, 'substrate Scrooge' :)

But, Pssht, my Lady! let's not say something about a generous deadly bosom so loud :eek: <-- Eek!

Last time a lot of people were offended.jpg and the thread ended closed :lock: