Tampa area T society???

gecko_keeper/KBfauna

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've been thinking of starting a society in the Tampa area. There is a lot of us within a short trip from one another, so why not? So I guess I'm looking for fellow keepers that would be interested.
Here's some questions that may help us get this off the ground:
1) how many members?
2) how often to meet?
3) where to meet? I'm not opposed to rotating houses.
4) how long should each meeting last?
The more info the better. This could be a lot of fun, and we can all learn from each other.

Thanks,
GK------ Rob

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm game (as you know) and I hate to speak for Anthony (you know, the OTHER Anthony!), but I'm sure he's down, too.

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm down as a part time member as I'm in the area a couple of times a year. Most of my family lives along the US 19 corridor from Holiday/Newport richie down to the Clearwater St. Pete area.....

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sure why not. I only live about two hours away plus I have family down there. We could all take a trip to Floral City and catch some loose t's!!!

Kris

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
idk how many fl people there are here. I know there is Jeff Aldrich but god knows where he has dissappeared to lol and I doubt he would even go but you never know since he is down near that area.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm sure Jeff would go.

I'm in, as long as I have a couple weeks notice before any events so I can plan accordingly.

I bet there are 15 or so of us around here, if not more. I also have a yahoo group with a few members who I don't believe are on here who I may get to go too.

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Free t fang bracelets for everyone but likewise. Just let me know a few weeks in advance..

Kris

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Brachy, Jeff may be off the boards, but there are a few of us who can contact him. I dunno if he'd go or not...probably would. And yeah, there are at least 15 of us. I personally know about 10. I'm pretty sure that we can have a pretty good group if we can get the word out. I can probably get people at USF interested, too.

There are a couple of people that I am going to send emails out to, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Last edited:

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know he is on the boards but is hardly ever on but i'll go about contacting him as well but hopefully he can go. The more the merrier..

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Somebody can just call him, he's easy to get in touch with. We need to find interest elsewhere - people that aren't necessarily already in the group that knows each other.]

I think I'm gonna go ahead and get with GK to plan an actual date...we have to start somewhere or there will be a lot of talk and it'll never actually get off the ground.

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Okay, guys, we have a date and a place:

Saturday, March 21st at Rob's (Gecko_Keeper) place in Zephyrhills. It really seems like a most centrally-located place, since people will be coming from several cities. Spread the word! Bring friends! We would like to get started by about 1pm and we would like to have food. We agree that this should be very casual, but there are a couple orders of business that we should probably discuss. I think that we should come up with a name for our group, for one!

Anyway, please let me or Rob know if you plan to come so we can have an idea about the crowd. Significant others and kids are welcome. Directions to Rob's will be provided closer to the date.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'll be there. We may want to discuss what everyone has in their collections so we can maybe schedule some breeding while we're all there as well.

Food is good, reeeeeeeeeeally goooooooood... ;)

I'll get with Strix here on the boards as well and see if he wants to come.

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, would be great to organize exchange of males and such on that day. We'll work it out as the time gets nearer. :)

gecko_keeper/KBfauna

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was also going to suggest everyone bring a T with them, kinda a show a tell, but more like just show. Just a thought.

GK