Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Reasons I love AZ

Discussion in 'Field Trips (Natural Habitats)' started by AzJohn, Nov 28, 2008.

1. AzJohn

AzJohn Arachnoking Old Timer

Advertisement
    This is the Salt River Canyon. It's one of my favorite places in Arizona. I haven't really looked to hard for inverts but the scenery is just beautiful.
    John

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  2. AzJohn

I would recommend this as a side trip for any one planning on visiting Arizona this summer. Then again there is so much to see.

3. AzJohn

One of the problems with living in this state is that there is so much development. This area was grated over repeatedly. Several species seem to do well in these areas. You can find them under pieces of plywood and stray bricks. I can’t figure out why they left the palo verde tree.

4. AzJohn

A few more.

5. Rick McJimsey

Rick McJimsey Arachnoprince Old Timer

How big is that cricket?
    It's savage!

6. AzJohn

At least 1.5" I was afraid to pick it up.

7. Rick McJimsey

Rick McJimsey Arachnoprince Old Timer

LOL!
    They are pretty scary looking, but come on! {D

8. AzJohn

I've heard they bite.:wicked:

9. WOW i am supposed to be in AZ this weekend i never knew it had so many interesting things to see it is awesome

10. I have been bit by the Jeruselum crickets before and it hurts. Felt like needlenose pliers:eek:

11. How the hell did you get bit LOL i wouldn't ever pick one up they Freak Me out {D

12. Well... I figured that its just a cricket... Yea turns out the one I picked up was pretty pissed about my decision. I figured it was a one time thing and promply got bit again by a different one, lol.:8o :wall: So now, if I was to find one, I think I will just use my forceps to pick it up.

13. Haha, I thought Josh said those things to get people to stay away, like in every Scooby Doo episode. It does look like an incredible place but everywhere with high biodiversity seems to attract development. China was the same. :( How is it up in Washington, Montana, Oregon, et cetera?

That cricket DOES look savage!

14. Ya if i was you LOL i would just leave them the hell alone{D {D :D

15. Yea, maybe. Or I'll just keep my fingers away from their heads...

16. josh_r

josh_r Arachnoprince Old Timer

HAR HAR!!! i did say those things to keep them away!!!! :evil: lol, what they don't know is the radioactive green smog will burn their flesh off!!!! :liar:

the northwest is alright when it comes to inverts. thre are some things here. tarantulas in the right places, calisoga in the southern end of the northwest, scorpiuons and solifugids are a bit easier than the T's and calisoga. there is stuff here.... i kinda dig the rubber boas and salamanders more than the inverts found here.

17. John Apple

John Apple Just a guy Old Timer

heh heh Josh said rubber boas

18. agama

agama Arachnosquire

well those are good reasons

19. AzJohn

Inverts
    P mexicanus after collection, actually I bought it at a store I'm not tall enough to get them in the wild, and a big spider

20. AzJohn

Some little snake, ID help please I've seen a few like so I'd like to know what they are.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.