Species Poecilotheria metallica

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
are most pokies this timid? i was under the impression they had a mean streak a mile wide!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Immortal_sin said:
James, it's a VERY nervous little guy. However, once he was convinced to come out, and felt safe while I cupped him, he hid in my hands and calmed down enough to have his pic taken. Then he didn't want to return to the container ;)
lol, that is great! Its cool when you can somehow feel a t trusts you. Good Luck,

James

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
very nice pics holley always a treat to see the bad*** P metallica what an awsome looking T. :drool:

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great shot Kelly! I hope it is not sucking on your thumb !

She does not look gravid yet............ :D

Bob

Phalagorn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Swifty said:
Another shot of "The Queen"!
Woooooooow!!! Amazing!!! :eek: The most beutifull shot of an adult P. metallica i have ever seen! :clap:

Angelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Swifty said:
Another shot of "The Queen"!
oh my god that pic is so awesome i almost puked. :eek: :worship: :worship:

all you p. metallica owners suck! ;) (jelous)

chris73

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
@ Swifty,

Is that their actual true color? There is a pet store here on Long Island with some sub-adults that are only blue in super intense light - and then not even all that blue! Is this shop trying to hose me?

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
chris73 said:
@ Swifty,

Is that their actual true color? There is a pet store here on Long Island with some sub-adults that are only blue in super intense light - and then not even all that blue! Is this shop trying to hose me?
Oh yes, they are that blue! Sub-adults in a petstore? I'd be careful, sounds "maleish".....

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Swifty said:
Oh yes, they are that blue! Sub-adults in a petstore? I'd be careful, sounds "maleish".....
Yep, or formosa ish! Some dark P. formosa were sold as metallica a few years ago, due to the strong iridescence they carry when post-moult.
Remember P.rufilata will have quite strong blue iridescence on the ventral side as well! Tread with caution.

P. metallica, at any stage above "spiderling" (ie 2" plus) are BLUE as blue can be, females also carrying a lot of white as they get bigger.

chris73

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, THAT SETTLES IT! Swifty is my 100% certified only supplier from now on! He's always been great, but now I'm hooked for good.

P.S. - Can someone ask my wife if I can have a P. metallica? :8o

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
damn swifty that pic is incredible everytime i see this thread i sit at my comp doing this :drool: :drool:

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Chris was the petstore primarily a reptile store? I won't mention any names but if it's the one I'm thinking of then they have real P.metallicas.
Mike

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Lopez said:
Yep, or formosa ish! Some dark P. formosa were sold as metallica a few years ago, due to the strong iridescence they carry when post-moult.
Remember P.rufilata will have quite strong blue iridescence on the ventral side as well! Tread with caution.

P. metallica, at any stage above "spiderling" (ie 2" plus) are BLUE as blue can be, females also carrying a lot of white as they get bigger.
I would LOVE a pic of 'white carrying' females versus males at ,say, 3" or so..
IS there a way to sex them like regalis and the folio coloring ( which isnt 100% I know)
T

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh the sweetness

I now need one of those, God these guys are the crack cocaine of the spider world