Species Poecilotheria metallica

82Baboons

Arachnopeon
Oh my gosh you must be either extremely brave or dumber then a post to handle those massive Pokies. Hopefully the former.
I hope the former as well, lol. Thats the only time i held the Ornata, it took off while changing its cage and climed on a jacket in the closet. Had nothing close to scoop it in, and i didnt wanna take my eyes off her, so i got he on my hand. Of all the T's i have, an H mac , P regalis, P metallica. I had the most respect for the ornata! Maybe cause she was HUGE. Her name was Mystic and i miss her, hope shes doing fine at JamiesTarantulas.com.

Leonardo the Mage

Arachnosquire
I hope the former as well, lol. Thats the only time i held the Ornata, it took off while changing its cage and climed on a jacket in the closet. Had nothing close to scoop it in, and i didnt wanna take my eyes off her, so i got he on my hand. Of all the T's i have, an H mac , P regalis, P metallica. I had the most respect for the ornata! Maybe cause she was HUGE. Her name was Mystic and i miss her, hope shes doing fine at JamiesTarantulas.com.
Ok, that sounds like a situation that warrants putting a ten inch bringer of death in your hand. I'm not opposed to people holding their Ts, just as long as they know what their doing. Of course, I'm not the most experienced keeper ether, which is why i'm not getting into OW any time soon. Very cool story, and great photos too.

jaswong00

Arachnopeon
Wow, 15 years ago, there wasn't a big chance of getting any P. Metallica. It was my dream tarantula to have. I stepped away for this hobby for 15 years now and there are so many beautiful, amazing new species available for collectors. I can't keep my eyes of the P. Metallica and went through a lot of hurdle to get my wife's approval for collecting these beautiful Ts. In fact, I had to force them upon her meaning that I buy them first and tell her later... Hehe...From working at Paul Becker(Petcenterusa) store 15years ago in Lomita to being a collector again of Ts, it is great to be back at this hobby to collect pokies.

Paul, I will visit you one day and pick up some more pokies old friend! :)

Here are some photos of Metilda(5.5" female)and Barbara(4" juvenile)from today. These creatures are amazing!!!

Attachments

Nightshady

Dislike Harvester
Beautiful T! You're gonna make people's heads explode here with these pics of you holding those Pokies though, haha.

Daeralda

Arachnopeon
This gal typically spends all her time up at the very top of the enclosure so I was stoked to be able to snap a decent photo when I saw her mid-way down the glass! We now have nine species of T's and we've raised them all from slings. It's been very exciting :D
38697922_10209464528609220_2325505206286024704_n.jpg