Species Poecilotheria metallica

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Persinally id say dump the sub and get organic potting soil for now till you got time to wait on something to be mailed itl be alot softer and better for the Ts as said they can cause some issues iv seen heavy bodied girls witj woodchips peircing their abd because they bolted and the angle was right.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
1st ever belly shot of Trip. Of course I couldn't get pics through the old tub.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree with Rayenicole, apparently ProRep. doesn't know what their talking about. I would suggest EcoEarth.

---------- Post added 08-20-2014 at 11:35 AM ----------

Also burrowing species use web to hold up their tunnels. I've never seen a tunnel collapse.

LLLReptile

Arachnopeon
Depends on where the bark comes from, but it can be a suitable part of a substrate mix. Depends on the T and depends on the bark, of course.

Either way, nice looking metallica, and the set up looks great too :)

-Jen

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Depends on where the bark comes from, but it can be a suitable part of a substrate mix. Depends on the T and depends on the bark, of course.
Do not use any bark products as substrate with spiders, it is not 'suitable' at all.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Sadly the guy I was going to buy from has sold out and doesn't know when the next batch will be ready, he makes his own and needs to order the new ingredients. In the meantime I am going to get some Habistat spider sub which states it is non-toxic and non-abrasive.

Thanks for the comments on the little one, can' wait to see it get bigger.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
It's 6 months since I got it and he/she quickly became a favourite. Now around 2 inch, eats well and does a little dance when I open the tub as if it doesn't know whether to run or attack and usually ends up staying where it was. It began webbing when it first came but then stopped, recently he/she has started webbing a lot more.

CobaltRose

Arachnopeon
Wow, gorgeous! :love:

I got my first T (a juvenile B.Albo) yesterday, and I can already see why this gets so addictive!

Congrats on your new T! :D

Chezza88

Arachnopeon
Thank you :) awww they are lovely T's to, such an awesome hobbie, would never look back now.

82Baboons

Arachnopeon
Of the 4 Pokeys ive had, 2 Regalis, 1 Ornata, and the Metallica, she is the most docile and least skiddish, which is weird.

82Baboons

Arachnopeon
Although my Ornata was pretty chill too . She was almost 9" when i traded her to breed. Heres a pic. Screenshot_2016-02-23-21-37-41.png