Poecilotheria metallica as the Holy Grail

Poecilotheria metallica

• Yes, it is the ulimate tarantula for any collection.

Votes: 25 16.1%
  • No, it is a very beautiful tarantula, and very popular, but not the "begin all, end all" tarantula.

Votes: 130 83.9%

• Total voters

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A holy grail should be something that might exist, or not. Like Poecilotheria uniformis

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You're trying to get the last word into a discussion which was happily playing out elsewhere.

Just my opinion, again.
Using a term like holy grail is every dangerous.

To most people holy grail is just as I used it.

As for spilling over. This subject comes up about every 3 months.
People need to reassure themselves that they have the most wanted tarantulas so they can be better then anyone else. Just the act of calling it the holy grail is so they can claim status off it. So they spend 300 dollars on a spider then call it the holy grail, reassure them selves about spending the money for it.

Once they learn that it is not that popular they feel let down because they thought the where getting something everyone else wanted and there for had status in their little world. You feel upset about this because you have a stake in this.

The point that I'm proving here is simple. If you call any tarantula the holy grail then you have to call them all. I could go to wiki and post the G. rosea is the holy grail and be just as right as you calling the P. mettillica the holy grail.

I stated my opinion in that thread was told I was wrong. So post here to get he actual results and you disagree with them, I'm sorry.

To you it is the holy grail good for you. To most it is not even really wanted or needed.

I warned him that it was not and did this poll to see if it was. It is all opinion. This does not matter.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Using a term like holy grail is every dangerous.

To most people holy grail is just as I used it.

To you it is the holy grail good for you. To most it is not even really wanted or needed.
But then arguing about meaning of such silly terms is even more "every dangerous"! :)
Eh, few T keepers wouldn't want p. metallica.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
But then arguing about meaning of such silly terms is even more "every dangerous"! :)
There are few T keepers that would not want a Rosea ither. Or an avic..... thats what hes getting at....... Every T is the "holy grail" if you make it that way. There is no one T that is going to make everyone drool. Cause if there was then it would be holy.....
the poll 100% backs what hes saying to.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There are few T keepers that would not want a Rosea ither. Or an avic..... thats what hes getting at....... Every T is the "holy grail" if you make it that way. There is no one T that is going to make everyone drool. Cause if there was then it would be holy.....
the poll 100% backs what hes saying to.

Every T makes me drool; lets end it at all Ts are the holy grail to us, in one way or another!

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
But somebody, *cough you *cough says species like M balfouri are "exceedingly boring". I don't think there are many T keepers here that would say that. See the differing opinions?

-Sean

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
But somebody, *cough you *cough says species like M balfouri are "exceedingly boring". I don't think there are many T keepers here that would say that.

Oh wow he said that? I dont think anyone I know would say that(well one now :rolleyes: )...... Id much rather have a M. Balfouri then a P. Metallica, they are beyond stunning.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It isn't a grail because you can't drink from it.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The holy Grail was the vessel that held the blood of christ. IMO that was Mary Magdelan who was carrying the "blood"line of christ in her womb.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
this discussion grows tiresome on me. I have made all of my points before.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The holy Grail was the vessel that held the blood of christ. IMO that was Mary Magdelan who was carrying the "blood"line of christ in her womb.
Great! You just ruined the end of The DaVinci Code for me :evil:

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Bah, I like Xenesthis imannis better.
As for Holy Grail, I am with MJ and Tarcan on this.

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer

I warned him that it was not and did this poll to see if it was. It is all opinion. This does not matter.
It's not the holy grail for me. I don't think I would intentionally use the term 'holy grail' because it's just something I wouldn't use to describe something else. I would go so far as to say they are in high demand. I would also use the term 'high in demand'... that just sounds better to me. Part of my being an athiest is to remove religious terms from my everyday use.

I voted that it's not a holy grail. That's not the point of my above postings. I also agree with Tarcan and MJ, re the point that there is none. That's not what this debate is really about.

Last edited:

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A holy grail should be something that might exist, or not. Like Poecilotheria uniformis
it exhists.. the uniformis that is.

Same applies to P. hanumavilasumica, albeit I couldn't find large pic-s of them, so I can't be positive.
there ya go..

and many more here.. http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=5939&page=98

and speaking of rare and exotic pokies.. heres the newest species that was discovered.

Poecilotheria sp. "mallamalai"

and in my response to this thread..
I think there should be a tarantula hobby "ICON" rather than a "Holy Grail", since I dont believe it ever exhisted. But thats a whole nother thread...
IMO the P. subfusca is the top dog!!:drool: Ill take more subfuscas over a metallica anyday.

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
it exhists.. the uniformis that is.
Exists on paper atleast, a male was described. No wonder Strand thought it was a overall drab coloration on it.
most likely a male of a allready described species

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Exists on paper atleast, a male was described. No wonder Strand thought it was a overall drab coloration on it.
most likely a male of a allready described species
eh', Im a pokie optimist i guess..