Picky Dubias won’t eat?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
When you get som

I don't know how many you have, but it honestly don't look like you have too many to worry about splitting. A few options I would suggest is, getting egg flats and have a more organized housing for them, that way they can Finn in the vertical space better, get a larger tote that way you dont sacrifice heat. I prefer the blacked out totes with yellow lids from home depot or lowes, if you really feel you need to separate, I would do it one by one, and do 1 male to every 3-4 females and put all nymphs in with the separated colony. All leftovers use as feeders. I NEVER feed my females off regardless how many I have. 💪
I ordered 450 got a little over half that probably .
Now I have 500+ and only 8 adult female Ts to feed and 2 males .
but I had a mass die off over 100 old ones . I tried regular mealworms as cleaning crew but the roaches just ate them.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I don’t know if the thermostat has gone haywire but I set temperature to 80 and got these readings . And I split some of the colony to another bin. IMG_9116.jpeg IMG_9117.jpeg IMG_9118.jpeg IMG_9119.jpeg IMG_9120.jpeg

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I would think it possible for the plastic on top of the sensors to alter the accuracy a bit.

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
It doesn’t stick without tape is there an alternative?
There are plenty of ways to attach a long thing to a flat thing....be creative. Covering the sensor with plastic sheeting does seem to be a bit counter productive, no?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
There are plenty of ways to attach a long thing to a flat thing....be creative. Covering the sensor with plastic sheeting does seem to be a bit counter productive, no?
I guess i couldn’t think of a better way to do it , I can’t glue it together incase I need to remove the Matt.

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
2 holes and a wire :)

Or just tape the wire but not the sensor.

Raghild

Arachnopeon
I'm not sure if it has been recommended yet, but I keep a bag of mixed frozen root vegetables (unseasoned), in the freezer for my Dubia roaches. The ones I buy has carrots, beets, parsnips, and sweet potatoes in it

They demolish the stuff. I just let a few pieces thaw and put it in. I keep this colony fairly small (it's primarily just a display colony), but they have that dish empty by morning whenever it's a frozen vegetable night. PXL_20240610_032659495.jpg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Don't keep these things myself to scared they will escape somehow but here in the uk anyone I know that keeps them sets up like this
I know they all use heat too things won't breed unless it's the right temp ect. 🤞 you manage to sort them out n the vid helps 😊.