P.ornata sac!

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It was not originally stated that it was your 'opinion'.

Thanks for clearing it up though.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
rob, it was more that a bunch of ppl "sided" with you and joe got accused of, like, some sort of personal motivation for the correction.

because a lot of ppl don't actually understand the way tarantula reproduction works breeding loans can go awry and such like. it is a bit of a sore spot with me (you can search the review section and figure out why) and i just wanted to make sure everyone knew how they actually work

in point of fact, if you had a female tarantula that was just about to lay a dud eggsac you could mate her with a male and get viables out of it. the female just holds the males sperm separately, in a quiescent state, until she is actually laying the eggs. then the sperm gets mixed with her eggs and juice, gets activated, and fertilizes the eggs. it is the crux of how tarantulas can do deferred reproduction and is freaking amazing

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It was not originally stated that it was your 'opinion'.

Thanks for clearing it up though.
Joe, it is in your signature?? "I do not think the sac will be good".

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

rob, it was more that a bunch of ppl "sided" with you and joe got accused of, like, some sort of personal motivation for the correction.

because a lot of ppl don't actually understand the way tarantula reproduction works breeding loans can go awry and such like. it is a bit of a sore spot with me (you can search the review section and figure out why) and i just wanted to make sure everyone knew how they actually work

in point of fact, if you had a female tarantula that was just about to lay a dud eggsac you could mate her with a male and get viables out of it. the female just holds the males sperm separately, in a quiescent state, until she is actually laying the eggs. then the sperm gets mixed with her eggs and juice, gets activated, and fertilizes the eggs. it is the crux of how tarantulas can do deferred reproduction and is freaking amazing
I agree with that, I also hardly EVER do Breeding loans....to much can go wrong LOL!!

Armstrong5

Arachnosquire
Joe I don't think I have ever seen you post anything on this website that helped a single person or even said anything remotely positive. Do everyone a favor and quit posting unless you have something regarding the post and its positive actually trying to help them. I think someone is a little jealous Rob...haha congrats on the sac man and keep up the awesome videos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hatr3d

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This all makes me laugh. Why don't you find something better to do than do e-battles for worthless matters and keep them going on and on? :clap:

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I do not think this sac will be good, she laid it in Less than 40 days.
Opinion

Fact

What you're doing here is indicating that the fact she laid in < 40 days empirically states the sac won't be good.

In other words, you're using the < 40 days thing as a fact regarding viability of the sac.

What we're saying is that the amount of time it takes the spider to drop the sac has absolutely no impact on whether the sac will be good or not.

forhorsmn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow. One of the most entertaining threads I've ever read on this forum.
Hey Rob, any news on the sac?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Opinion

Fact

What you're doing here is indicating that the fact she laid in < 40 days empirically states the sac won't be good.

In other words, you're using the < 40 days thing as a fact regarding viability of the sac.

What we're saying is that the amount of time it takes the spider to drop the sac has absolutely no impact on whether the sac will be good or not.
I can see what you are saying......but it wasn't meant to be a fact.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Wow. One of the most entertaining threads I've ever read on this forum.
Hey Rob, any news on the sac?
They all died at first instars.

forhorsmn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that. I was also checking out some of your videos. Really nice work :) Keep them coming please.

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Rob was this the sac that I got my P. ornata from? (aka nemo)
it just went to 3rd instar still small but doing fine.

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Guys, this is 4 month old. Just another case of people jumping over rob for what he typed. Leave them alone they will go away. (Until they find someone else or until rob makes another thread).