P.ornata sac!

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
sounds to me like Joe is just jealous...:rolleyes:
Really? Pointing something out makes someone jealous? I guess I learned something new today. :rolleyes:

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Really? Pointing something out makes someone jealous? I guess I learned something new today. :rolleyes:
Not only does he point it out but he likes to call rob out on many threads. The only reason I see behind him doing this is Rob is more successful then him and hexd just wants to bring him down. Nobody is saying "yeah put it on him hexd" "You show him" or at least I haven't seen anyone so please just stop.......WE DON'T CARE

On a side note, Good luck rob! If the sac is good, I just might have to get one!

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In all fairness... He knows a combination that I still haven't figured out. My only successful sac so far has been what I dubbed as purely beginners luck. I have gravid spiders all over and can't convince any of them to drop.

I'm hanging out and curious to see if this sac will be successful.

If it is... it will answer one thing for me... That I still haven't found that combination to get these gals to drop sacks.

Good Luck Rob!

Shell

Staff member
Not only does he point it out but he likes to call rob out on many threads. The only reason I see behind him doing this is Rob is more successful then him and hexd just wants to bring him down. Nobody is saying "yeah put it on him hexd" "You show him" or at least I haven't seen anyone so please just stop.......WE DON'T CARE
How do you know, after such a short amount of time on the boards, how long Joe (xhexdx) has been in the hobby, and what he has bred successfully? You can't possibly, and just because he doesn't make a big production out of the sacs he gets, doesn't mean he doesn't get them. So making assumptions that he is just trying to bring Rob down, is ridiculous, more like Joe is just sick of misinformation being posted.

As far as the "WE DON'T CARE" part, try speaking only for yourself please.

Last edited:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I see no harm i someone calling someone else out on mis information.. If one person is wrong & someone knows the correct information.. By all means... Get the right information out there..

But this thread is not about misinformation...

This is a thread reguarding an ornata sac that was produced..

Rob is not asking for help or offering information.. He is just showing he had another sac.. Be it viable or not..

IMO.. If Joe dont have nothing positive to say reguarding the sac.. He should shut his yap.. Simple as that..

If this was a thread created by Rob and he was going around telling misinformation.. Then Joe should jump in and correct him.. We all know Joe is very knowledgable.. But to come in this thread and act that way.. Its pretty petty if you ask me.......

*Edit*

To be on topic.. Congrats on the sac Rob..

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
good job derailing another thread, drama queen!
Name-calling, huh? Nice.

The post that I originally responded to (wasn't on-topic, btw, for those of you who say I'm derailing the thread):

Are you the guy with the awesome video of a p metallica laying her eggs?
After Rob's response to me, I followed up with this:

You want to keep posting invasive videos of spiders laying their sacs, I'm going to keep coming in here and telling you and everyone else that I think it's stupid to do it.
I see nothing wrong with voicing my opinion on being that invasive while a spider is laying a sac. If you guys do, that's great. Tell me I'm wrong, tell me it's fine to do, and be on your way. If I can spare someone from losing a sac because they disturbed the female, then I'm happy.

Plus pederseni, 2X regalis, striata, 2X Versicolor and 2X GBB ect...
Rob...did you post breeding reports for all of these? :?

IMO.. If Joe dont have nothing positive to say reguarding the sac.. He should shut his yap.. Simple as that..
Maybe you should take your own advice then and...

*Edit*

To be on topic.. Congrats on the sac Rob..
...ah, good thing you remembered to come back and not make yourself look like a hypocrite, right Tommy?

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How do you know, after such a short amount of time on the boards, how long Joe (xhexdx) has been in the hobby, and what he has bred successfully? You can't possibly, and just because he doesn't make a big production out of the sacs he gets, doesn't mean he doesn't get them. So making assumptions that he is just trying to bring Rob down, is ridiculous, more like Joe is just sick of misinformation being posted.

As far as the "WE DON'T CARE" part, try speaking only for yourself please.
You seem to be the only person that care, I have been on the forum for six months. Not very long but not brand new to the boards. I lurk because of people who like to call you out for anything you say. Let me start by saying what are you talking about? I said nothing about Joe and his experience with tarantulas. He might be right but I could care less if he is right or wrong. Robs personal experience would suggest he thinks the sac is bad, joe does not. And he is trying to bring rob down look back a little bit where he says "We can go through this all over again if you want, Rob. I could also save everyone the trouble and just link that thread." What does this have to do with an Ornata egg sac........nothing. I am done:wall::worship::wall:

Shell

Staff member
Let me start by saying what are you talking about? I said nothing about Joe and his experience with tarantulas. :
By saying that you think Rob is more successful than Joe, to me it says that you are making assumptions about Joe's experience. This part right here;

The only reason I see behind him doing this is Rob is more successful then him and hexd just wants to bring him down.
And on that note, I'm done with this thread.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally Posted by robc View Post
Plus pederseni, 2X regalis, striata, 2X Versicolor and 2X GBB ect...
Rob...did you post breeding reports for all of these? :?
Oh comon Joe, those he did bred, he posted bunch of pictures and vidios
whatever is going on in Robs house everyone knows just check his youtube ;P
and posting breeding reports on all what everyone bred, I dont believe its always will happen
I dont have one report and Am up to 37 sac's only this year (if I report them all I never get out of here!)
I wish I have so much time, seriously its before holidays, where is your holiday spirits, bah-humbugs :rolleyes:

Bengal21

Arachnopeon
To me, taking a wild animal and keeping it in a clear box so we can watch it is the ultimate form of invasion. Everyone keeps these animals so they can be observed. That is the entire point of the hobby, is it not? If you truly want to be non-invasive then take all of your T's into the wild and set them free, never to interfere again. That idea seems a bit ludicrous and I doubt any of us will do so. I think if you keep these animals as pets, you are being invasive, by definition.
I guess Joe feels as though he gets to draw the fine line where being invasive begins and observing ends, for everyone else. I'm not sure who put him in charge of such things. I respect Joe's right to tell Rob its stupid to observe and videotape the laying of eggsacs(although I don't agree with him).
Clearly, both of these people are very knowledgeable when it comes to husbandry of T's. They may not both have the same methods or agree with that of their counterpart. The only thing I can say is maybe there is a better way to introduce your opinions of what is good for a T and what is not. I like to think of myself as an open minded person, but many folks may not be.
Joe aren't you the guy who has an avic jump onto the camera off of someone's elbow? Maybe that wasn't your spider or choice I dunno. I would guess that spider was stressed though. I guess you weren't riding the "don't be invasive, it stresses the animal" train that day.

To me what is somewhat sad here is there is someone with VOLUMES more T knowledge than I possess, and I find myself apprehensive to learn from him because of the way he presents it. There is another person who has VOLUMES more T knowledge than I do and I have learned a ton from him in my short time in this hobby because he is friendly and engaging. I'll let you folks decide who is who.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Lol Anastasia.

Post the breeding report for those P. smithi and that should suffice. ;)

I understand not posting reports when it comes to a busy personal life. Your comments regarding everything in Rob's life being on youtube proves that he has the time to post reports.

You'd think that especially with harder-to-breed species, people would want to post reports of their success to help others in the hobby learn about how to get success as well.

Unless those people would rather keep those 'secrets' to themsevles so they're the only source for those species...

Bah humbug! :}

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol Anastasia.

I understand not posting reports when it comes to a busy personal life. Your comments regarding everything in Rob's life being on youtube proves that he has the time to post reports.

You'd think that especially with harder-to-breed species, people would want to post reports of their success to help others in the hobby learn about how to get success as well.

Unless those people would rather keep those 'secrets' to themsevles so they're the only source for those species...

Bwahaha {D, yep Am one of them humbugs ;P

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
To me, taking a wild animal and keeping it in a clear box so we can watch it is the ultimate form of invasion. Everyone keeps these animals so they can be observed. That is the entire point of the hobby, is it not?
No, it's not. Not for everyone, anyway.

If that were the case, why do we keep burrowers? Why do we provide hides for terrestrials and arboreals?

Not everyone even keeps their spiders in clear boxes. I have quite a few of mine in semi-opaque enclosures.

To me, shining a flashlight into the spider's burrow and holding a camera inches away from it is much more invasive than "taking a wild animal and keeping it in a clear box so we can watch it".

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Lol Anastasia.

exactly! LOL! That is why I posted a P. Metallica report, P.ornata is not a hard species to breed;)

Bengal21

Arachnopeon
No, it's not. Not for everyone, anyway.

If that were the case, why do we keep burrowers? Why do we provide hides for terrestrials and arboreals?

Not everyone even keeps their spiders in clear boxes. I have quite a few of mine in semi-opaque enclosures.

To me, shining a flashlight into the spider's burrow and holding a camera inches away from it is much more invasive than "taking a wild animal and keeping it in a clear box so we can watch it".
Just an analogy, but I'd like to see if you still felt that way if a UFO abducted you and took you to another planet, but left you an "opaque box" to live in vs shined a bright light in your bedroom window. I know which situation would stress me out more.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

exactly! LOL! That is why I posted a P. Metallica report, P.ornata is not a hard species to breed;)
I think he was poking at Anastasia there Rob. I could be wrong though.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Anyone who has bred over 45 species in under 2 years in the hobby should know...time from pairing to sac doesn't have anything to do with whether the sac is good or not. :rolleyes:
Just going by my records, last 3sacs under 40 days where not good,all others where, granted 1 of third was a double clutch. I did not however say all So....I have had Avics lay good sacs in 14 days.

Bengal21

Arachnopeon
I guess there was no flashlight on in your video where the Avic jumps onto the camera so that makes it ok. :rolleyes:

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
To me, taking a wild animal and keeping it in a clear box so we can watch it is the ultimate form of invasion. Everyone keeps these animals so they can be observed. That is the entire point of the hobby, is it not? If you truly want to be non-invasive then take all of your T's into the wild and set them free, never to interfere again. That idea seems a bit ludicrous and I doubt any of us will do so. I think if you keep these animals as pets, you are being invasive, by definition.
I guess Joe feels as though he gets to draw the fine line where being invasive begins and observing ends, for everyone else. I'm not sure who put him in charge of such things. I respect Joe's right to tell Rob its stupid to observe and videotape the laying of eggsacs(although I don't agree with him).
Clearly, both of these people are very knowledgeable when it comes to husbandry of T's. They may not both have the same methods or agree with that of their counterpart. The only thing I can say is maybe there is a better way to introduce your opinions of what is good for a T and what is not. I like to think of myself as an open minded person, but many folks may not be.
Joe aren't you the guy who has an avic jump onto the camera off of someone's elbow? Maybe that wasn't your spider or choice I dunno. I would guess that spider was stressed though. I guess you weren't riding the "don't be invasive, it stresses the animal" train that day.

To me what is somewhat sad here is there is someone with VOLUMES more T knowledge than I possess, and I find myself apprehensive to learn from him because of the way he presents it. There is another person who has VOLUMES more T knowledge than I do and I have learned a ton from him in my short time in this hobby because he is friendly and engaging. I'll let you folks decide who is who.
Took the words right out of my mouth... I enjoy all Robs pics and vidoes, some of the best on the web. :clap:

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just going by my records, last 3sacs under 40 days where not good,all others where, granted 1 of third was a double clutch. I did not however say all So....I have had Avics lay good sacs in 14 days.
Rob, what 40 days you taking about, I cant figure out :?