P.ornata sac!

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Unbelievable replies in this thread, I'm going to use this for illustrating hijacking/straying from topic. I take the original points made about videoing but shouldn't the conversation be based on the the OP rather than the antagonist. That's a rhetorical question BTW.

---------------

Great to see possible slings from your mating Rob. I had a result from these by sending a MM out a couple of years ago. I've also got P. striata sac at the 7 week stage at mo. I sent a pm to you a couple of weeks ago, perhaps you missed it, but it concerned my P. pederseni which I was trying to get to drop. It dropped the same day as I pm'd you so I'm fingers crossed for these too.

Is it only Pokies that your have this 40 day theory on.

There was a report on here that I read within the last couple of months which suggested the sac - sling stages were promoted to be quick by increased temps (85F). Do you think temperature increases, or even decreases, would influence the production of sacs?

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
some people just want to argue or start an argument
I could think of one example...*cough* arachnids *cough* rulz12:embarrassed:
I saw your other thread called "scientists."

I just want to remind Joe of something he said in a previous thread. I am not saying he is doing this, I am just making sure he remembers saying this:

"Does one relevant post make up for all of the garbage posts that come after?"

In my opinion, Rob wasn't being terribly invasive during this video. The video itself is taken from a few feet away, and if anyone saw Rob's video about his picture camera, he could be 5 feet away and still get that kind of focus and zoom. Rob tapes most of his T's that lay sacs, and most of them are successful. Joe, you are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. I could be confrontational and criticize that other video you posted, but that seems irrelevant.
Just my .02
--Dan;)

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you guys want to bring up that video, why not bring it up in that thread?

Since everyone here (even those defending me) is purely speculating, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the argument altogether? Maybe ask me the circumstances of the video before assuming what spider is on the arm of whom, whose spider it even is, where it's being filmed, etc., etc. The only thing you can draw from that video without question is that I was in it, and that it's on my YouTube.

Dan,

Rob admitted in the P. metallica video that he was actually that close - he wasn't using any zoom. I suppose I'm at fault for assuming he did the same here - as DansDragons pointed out, who really cares what Rob does with Rob's spiders?

The only thing I will repeat is this:

If I can spare someone from losing a sac because they disturbed the female, then I'm happy.
That's why I do this stuff. Not to piss people off or because I'm 'out to get' someone.

Back to the train wreck, I guess...

Last edited:

seezilla

Arachnopeon
Hey Rob,

congrats on the sac. I know I am still new here and don't know as much as some people, but I like seeing your spiders. Watching your videos helped my husband get over HIS fear of Ts and spiders in general. Watching the bite report you did when your female ornata tagged you gave me nothing but respect for Ts before I had even purchased my first one. Your videos also made me realize that this was a fun hobby with awesome people in it. (though sometimes I question that because of some of the things said on this board, but that's for another thread...) {D

Anyway, hopefully that sac is viable. That would be an awesome xmas present. :D

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I guess I will just post....pretty evident I could careless what is said about me, that is why I did not reply. My dad has been on a operating table for about 6 hrs so I could really careless if the ornata sac is good, if she eats it...if I was envasive. I will continue to make vids of it and will even PM you Joe to let you know so you can get your little clan together to flame me or whatever you want to call it LOL! Joe now you know the reason I did not send you "ZILLA" to cast in resign because I am pretty sure I would not have got her back, I am sure you would of deformed her taken pics (with the Highest sharpening setting like the GBB in THE GBB appreciation thread) and tried to make a joke out of it. I can see I made the right decision. Grow up guys (you know who you are).

harmroelf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice vid! and nice pictures, I hope everything will go well with your dad and your ornata.

arachnidsrulz12

Arachnosquire
I could think of one example...*cough* arachnids *cough* rulz12:embarrassed:
I saw your other thread called "scientists."

I just want to remind Joe of something he said in a previous thread. I am not saying he is doing this, I am just making sure he remembers saying this:

"Does one relevant post make up for all of the garbage posts that come after?"

In my opinion, Rob wasn't being terribly invasive during this video. The video itself is taken from a few feet away, and if anyone saw Rob's video about his picture camera, he could be 5 feet away and still get that kind of focus and zoom. Rob tapes most of his T's that lay sacs, and most of them are successful. Joe, you are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. I could be confrontational and criticize that other video you posted, but that seems irrelevant.
Just my .02
--Dan;)
lol

how about?

cough! danny laugh! boy frustrated! pede;P

yeah I know the point

Last edited:

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I guess I will just post....pretty evident I could careless what is said about me, that is why I did not reply. My dad has been on a operating table for about 6 hrs so I could really careless if the ornata sac is good, if she eats it...if I was envasive. I will continue to make vids of it and will even PM you Joe to let you know so you can get your little clan together to flame me or whatever you want to call it LOL! Joe now you know the reason I did not send you "ZILLA" to cast in resign because I am pretty sure I would not have got her back, I am sure you would of deformed her taken pics (with the Highest sharpening setting like the GBB in THE GBB appreciation thread) and tried to make a joke out of it. I can see I made the right decision. Grow up guys (you know who you are).
+1 some people don't know where to draw the line!

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You obviously know nothing about me, and should take your own advice and 'grow up'.

My offer was genuine - you know that, and I have all the PMs between you and I saved that proves it.

Last edited:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You obviously know nothing about me, and should take your own advice and 'grow up'.

My offer was genuine - you know that, and I have all the PMs between you and I saved that proves it.
intentions can not be seen thru a PM. Grow up? I have forgotten more in life than you have probably experienced. Joe I am done with you.......you are just a waste of time. You stated that in "vid" that the only thing you could tell from you vid was that you where in it.......in mine, only thing you can tell from my vid is that I am not. I know, you are always right, or think your are.......met way to many know-it-alls in my life and you are one. To say that my P.metallica ate her sac 20 days later because I filmed it is pretty far fetched at best.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gotta love the drama!

First off Rob, AWESOME! I LOVE and SERIOUSLY APPRECIATE your' videos so much that I'll even all caps how much I appreciate them! Regardless of if that P met ate her sack had anything to do with the filming, it was the first time I'd ever seen a spider lay eggs. Thank you Rob. You shared something useful and interesting with me the first time I saw that! I cannot tell you how appreciative I am for all of your' videos. I want to express that I am just one of many that have learned from you and gained interest in the hobby...keep up the work you do! It does not go unnoticed.

Everybody here knows Joe "tells it how it is." However, there is such a thing called tact. It's one's ability to convey information in a manner better suited to the one recieving that information. I don't really care if Joe has no "personal internet" skills. He's helped on many of my posts over the past months and to Joe I have to say this: Thanks for helping me out Joe! I appreciate it!

Was Joe innappropriate with his original post? Yes. Not by intent, but because a lack of communication skill. A post of:

"It's possible that the stress from such a film may aid the mother to eat her sack. You might want to warn people about the potential danger when you post a vid like this Rob, just in case somebody doesn't luck out."

would convey the message, but not create a drama thread.

To Rob and Joe: Seriously, thanks for your' guy's help. I'm LOVING this hobby. Just got an X immanis and my first Pamphobateus this week. I'm really having fun, and I'm a better carer for my pets because of you guys.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gotta love the drama!

First off Rob, AWESOME! I LOVE and SERIOUSLY APPRECIATE your' videos so much that I'll even all caps how much I appreciate them! Regardless of if that P met ate her sack had anything to do with the filming, it was the first time I'd ever seen a spider lay eggs. Thank you Rob. You shared something useful and interesting with me the first time I saw that! I cannot tell you how appreciative I am for all of your' videos. I want to express that I am just one of many that have learned from you and gained interest in the hobby...keep up the work you do! It does not go unnoticed.

Everybody here knows Joe "tells it how it is." However, there is such a thing called tact. It's one's ability to convey information in a manner better suited to the one recieving that information. I don't really care if Joe has no "personal internet" skills. He's helped on many of my posts over the past months and to Joe I have to say this: Thanks for helping me out Joe! I appreciate it!

Was Joe innappropriate with his original post? Yes. Not by intent, but because a lack of communication skill. A post of:

"It's possible that the stress from such a film may aid the mother to eat her sack. You might want to warn people about the potential danger when you post a vid like this Rob, just in case somebody doesn't luck out."

would convey the message, but not create a drama thread.

To Rob and Joe: Seriously, thanks for your' guy's help. I'm LOVING this hobby. Just got an X immanis and my first Pamphobateus this week. I'm really having fun, and I'm a better carer for my pets because of you guys.
Very well put. Exactly how I felt about the whole thing. I have learned much from both Joe and Rob through the forum here.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Nice VID Rob!!! You are probably the most entertaining person to watch on the net when it comes to spiders! I'm hoping the sac turns out good. I love how xhedx (however you spell it, not important enough to care) is always trying to stir up trouble in any possible way. Please refrain from posting more dumb comments, nobody cares how smart you think you are.

Post some more pics and IDK, maybe a MORE INTRUSIVE vid! Like get all up in there and what not!!! That's what we like to see ;)

Last edited:

TarantulaHomes

Arachnosquire
Rob,

let me tell you this: You have done for the hobby MORE THAN ANYBODY ELSE! Period!
Dealers, schmilers, breeders.. not even close! Keep up the good work man!And ignore the assholes, they've always been and always will.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
For those of us who do not breed our tarantulas....thank you for the video, this is something I dont think I would be able to see if it werent for the vids. Viable sac or not good luck Rob and thanks again!

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ftr, time from pairing has nothing to do with sac success

learn how tarantulas work

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ftr, time from pairing has nothing to do with sac success

learn how tarantulas work
Maybe you need to learn how to read a post....I never said it was a fact...I stated a opinion based on other observations....ALL other sacs that came that early went bad and the 1st instars died. This is exactly what happened to this sac....I also had 4 other sac next to this one in the same setup and they flourished, only difference was the mother had a longer incubation period. My statement was a opinion not a stated fact.