New Invertebrate Club in Southern California!

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
O.K, I think we are just going to have to cancel, since we only have three people who say they are going to be coming.
I am really sorry about this everyone, I should have given everyone more notice and planned this meeting a little better. I have been recently swamped with a lot of stuff to take care of, which is why the meeting place was a bit fluid at times, but I will definitely do a better job of making sure everything is in place about a week before the actual meeting next time. Also, I think we should consider meeting bi-monthly (once every two months) with maybe a hike or expo trip on the off months. I will post a poll on that soon.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

BananaBlackWidow

Arachnopeon
hi guys,
i also was curious about attending a get-together occasionally. @arthoverts, i tried pm'ing you i think. i hit your name and tried starting a conversation, but it said you had a full inbox. sorry if that's not actually pm'ing. i have a pretty basic understanding on the maneuvering of the site.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
@BananaBlackWidow, thanks for the interest and letting me know about the inbox problem, I have cleared it out, so if you don't mind resending the PM, I'd be very thankful. I hope to see you at a meeting soon!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
O.K everyone, the next meeting is going to be on April 27th (Saturday), 10:00 to 11:00-11:30 AM at the Arlington Garden in Pasadena, 275 Arlington Dr, Pasadena, CA 91105. I look forward to seeing whoever can make it!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
The meeting is upon us! Who is coming? I have got a few creatures I might be bringing depending on the demand, and I am curious to hear how everyone's collections are doing!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
O.K, so who else is coming/planning on coming to the meeting? So far I know @BoyFromLA and @Jasonic are coming. I have got a few discussion points that will be interesting to discuss, and I'll share the results of the club survey we took as well.
I am still planning on bringing doughnuts though!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
The next meeting is going to be on the 18th of this month, around 10:00 AM at the Bug Fair at the Los Angeles Natural History Museum. We'll likely meet at the entrance when we get a time hammered out, and then go in together. Looking forward to seeing all who can make it!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

AceXprt

Arachnopeon
Hello! I’m new to the board, but I’m SoCal based and would love to meet up! I’ll be attending the LA bug fair this weekend.

My primary inverts are Jumping Spiders, Millipedes and Beetles. I do run a small online web shop and I’m creating content on YouTube.
As of Right now my primary interest is Beetles! Primarily predatory beetles. These little guys are so fun to watch! I love going out hunting for wildlife and posting photos to Inatuarlist. I try to go hunting at least once a week. Usually on the weekends.

I’m 29,
a PC gamer, Lover of IPAs and an electrical technician during the day!

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Welcome @XprtExotics! If you PM me your email address, I can add you to the Google Group so that you can stay up to date on all meetings and events, as well as network with local hobbyists.
What kind of videos do you make on YouTube?

Looking forward to meeting you at the Bug Fair!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

AceXprt

Arachnopeon
Welcome @XprtExotics! If you PM me your email address, I can add you to the Google Group so that you can stay up to date on all meetings and events, as well as network with local hobbyists.
What kind of videos do you make on YouTube?

Looking forward to meeting you at the Bug Fair!

Thanks,

Arthroverts
So, how are we all keeping in contact? I’ve been on the group and it’s been dead for a week, is there another forum? Or Facebook group? We should really find a place to organize. It seems we are just communicating and scattered through a bunch of different forums.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
@XprtExotics, I have been really busy this week, so I am sorry if the Google Group has seemed dead. I was just about to put out a message regarding the meeting tomorrow.
What do you mean by keeping in contact? I put out announcements via Google Groups, Arachnoboards, and Roach Forum. Club for sale/WTB/trade threads are posted in the Google Group, and general discussion often happens either on here or in the Google Group. We are not constantly talking with each other if that's what you mean, at least not yet.
Maybe you can start the conversation!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Hey y'all, on second thought, if you want to show up at 10:00 and go in together, that is fine, but if not, I should be there for about 2 hours, so you can just try and find me, like Where's Waldo! LOL, good luck!

Thanks,

Jessiah

Last edited:

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Next meeting set for June 15th, 10:00-11:30 in Redlands; @chanda has been kind enough to open her house up to us! Which means I think we can bring invertebrates to this venue ;). More information in the club Google Group.
<edit>

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Last edited by a moderator:

Predacons5

Arachnosquire
Yes. I will be going. I will most likely be there around 11:00 am - 11:30 am. Redlands is quite far from where I live. I recall that it took me about 1.5 hrs to get there from my house.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Of course! We welcome all invertebrate enthusiasts, old hands or green keepers!
If you can PM me your email and phone number, I can invite you to the club's Google Group, which has our calendar, discussion threads, my contact info, etc.
Looking forward to meeting you sometime soon!

Thanks,

Arthroverts