New Invertebrate Club in Southern California!

Taraspatula

Arachnopeon
Just caught up with all the reading. I definitely am interested but as a warning I won't be very active till August due to studying. I'm from Loma Linda next door neighbor to @chanda pleasure to meet you when you read this :embarrassed:. I will PM you my email.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Great, @Taraspatula! I have sent you and @ArachnoDrew the invitation to join the Google Group! We are currently working on a group buy, so if your interested, check it out in the Google Group.
<edit>

Thanks,

Arthroverts

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I accepted the invite but all it does it re rout me to a blank black screen and sometimes when it does actually load theres 2 options "switch users or desktop"

Neither of witch actually do anything. I'm confused?

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
@ArachnoDrew, in the Google Group you are already listed as a member, so I don't know what the deal is with that, as Yahoo accounts usually work.
What browser are you using? Sometimes it doesn't work on some browsers, so I would suggest trying another browser to see if it works.
I will look into it further, but considering the number of people who have had trouble with the Google Group, I am considering switching platforms and am looking into other options. It would be awesome if we could get a private forum here on Arachnoboards, like they do on other animal forums for clubs.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the invite! I really like the idea of this. My only reservation is that I am unable to commit to traveling too far from SD county on a regular basis, as I am a busy body. It appears as though the first meeting was in rancho Cucomonga... is that going to be a regular meeting place?

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
@neubii18, we have two locations that we meet at, Arlington Gardens in Pasadena and Hulda Crooks Park in Redlands; we trade off locations each month so that our members from the LA area and the Redlands area have equal opportunities to make it to the meetings.

As for traveling, I totally get it. If you can make it to 1 meeting a year, that's awesome! If you can't make it to the meetings, we also sometimes go on collecting trips or go to reptile shows as a club, so maybe we'll see you there! There are quite a few invertebrate enthusiasts in the San Diego county area that I know of, so maybe one day there'll be an ICSC San Diego Chapter, or a whole new club (San Diego County Invertebrate Club or something :D;))!

Let me know if you have any further questions, comments, suggestions, concerns, etc., or if you just want to chat about invertebrates!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Hello all, I am looking for guest speakers to come and speak at some of the Invertebrate Club of Southern California's meetings. You don't need to be a scientist, and you won't have to stand on a stage ;). We're just looking for experienced and enthusiastic fellow hobbyists to come and share their knowledge with us! While we can't fund your trip to visit us, if your passing through SoCal please don't hesitate to let us know, just to visit or to speak. We'd love to have you!

Qualifications: You must have extensive (firsthand) experience in the topic that you wish to discuss, records or references to back it up, and it must be applicable to the invertebrate hobby (obviously). Stuff like breeding, collecting, observation of species in the wild, care and propagation, etc. are all acceptable; stuff like the study of a springtail's bristles through a microscope, not so much. Really all you need is yourself and what you know :)!
We have a diverse range of interests on everything from arachnids, to insects, to crustaceans, to myriapods, and much more, so please don't hesitate to contact me in regards to a certain topic you wish to discuss.

We meet on the 3rd Saturday of every month from 10:00 to 11:30 (you don't have to speak for the entire time) in either Pasadena or Redlands, depending on the month. I have attached our calendar, so please just let me know when you would like to come by. Locations and exact times are subject to change depending on the weather and attendance.
If you have any questions, suggestions, concerns, or comments, please don't hesitate to contact me through this site or via email. For more information about the club, please visit this thread: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/new-invertebrate-club-in-southern-california.314942/

Many thanks for your consideration,

Arthroverts

Attachments

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I was recently informed that the info about the August meeting was wrong (thanks to @sloth); it said we would be having the meeting on the 20th instead of the 17th. I have fixed it for future calendars, and the above calendar is correct. If you would like a new one, please let me know before Saturday. Please let me know if you have spotted any other typos or problems with the calendar.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Whiplash Girlchild

Arachnopeon
Are you guys still holding meetings? if so is there still a way to join. I am from East L.A and need to get more involved in the community.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Are you guys still holding meetings? if so is there still a way to join. I am from East L.A and need to get more involved in the community.
We are indeed, though they have been moved to Skype for the time being due to covid-19.

PM me your phone number and email address and we'll start getting you connected :). We currently use band.us to communicate, so it would be a good idea to create an account on there (free+super easy) as well if you don't have one already.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
The ICSC is now into it's December break in meetings, but we'll see all y'all in January! We have also now reached over a hundred members, thank you again to all members and supporters who have helped see the club through these first two years!

Also a thank you to the Arachnoboards Team for allowing us to get started here in the Arachnofunctions!

Thanks,

Arthroverts