nessesary bloodshed (new video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Aw come on, why does any kid try to impress anonymous people on the internet?

Sigh. I kept out of it for 4 pages. But, I guess it's time to speak up.....

I can't help but notice that the defenders of feeding live and posting the videos seem to get more pleasure from the reactions garnered than they do from the feeding themselves. Where I come from, we call this "trolling". Some pretend to be affronted by being called such things as 'sicko's" and what-not. But before anything like those descriptions were launched, we had comments like these:

Someone objects to your methods and tries to debate it semi-civilly with you and this is the response? That's pretty mature. But wait. There's more!

While there could be some value in a video showing how to properly euthanize a feeder animal humanely, taking time to explain that it was a pet rat that you merely got tired of negates any good intentions, IMO. It makes me wonder "So, what happens to the ball when this guy gets angry or bored with it? It gets fed to a monitor, I suppose". I suspect that tidbit about the rat being a pet was thrown into the conversation for added shock value, but I'll allow a benefit of a doubt there, albeit a tiny one.

Let's move on, shall we?

I don't think that one needs additional comment. It speaks for itsself on a couple different levels.

Not really trolling there, but is disseminating false information. Which on boards like these might be considered a worse sin that trolling.

Now, admittedly your opponents start to turn up the heat but kindly notice who really started to be disrespectful first.

Irrelevant, but I'm including it because it says something about the motivation of the posts. And it was pretty well shot down by one of the administrators themselves. Here is a hint. If you begin to draw the attention of authority figures on a privately-owned message board, it isn't a bad idea to consider lying low and or toning down the rhetoric. Especially when they fire a thinly veiled hint that that your posting privileges might come under review.

Whew! That one was just blatant. Don't enjoy those sort of videos? Then you must be a coward.

In light of these illuminating posts and others, I'm pretty skeptical that these videos are made for educational purposes or to benefit the hobby in any manner. They might be useful in dissuading potential keepers from taking on something more than they have the stomach for, I suppose. And the argument for drawing more people into the hobby is a pretty thin one. If such videos as that were the main reason for deciding to take on a specimen, the reason for wanting said animal would be highly suspect, if you ask me.

However, they do strike me as a pretty handy excuse to call people "wimps" and imply that they are "pussies". Of course, you have the syntax incorrect when you do that. I think you mean "compassionate" and "humane" but I'll overlook those spelling errors.

For disclosure purposes: Have I ever live-fed prey? Yes. And I've been able to find it an interesting and yet still feel remorse for the prey animal. I don't have anything that requires anything larger than nightcrawlers and crickets at the moment, but ya know, I even feel a twinge of pity for them. I've never felt the urge to set up a heavy metal soundtrack and videotape the feedings for entertainment purposes, though.
I've killed wild game and taken pleasure in the success of the hunt, but took little pleasure in the actual death of my quarry. And whenever I killed anything, I ALWAYS took measures to insure that my prey did not suffer needlessly and that their deaths were as quick as I could possibly make them. And in the few instances where kills weren't as clean as they should have been, it pretty much ruined the experience.

I only include this last paragraph to illustrate that I am not some animal rights activist on the warpath. Or a wimp. In fact, I'm not even railing against the actions taken in this thread as much as the attitudes. I'm not a big fan of trolling.

this was a well thought out responce that got your point and opinon across verry well.. It didnot attack me in any way and when looking back on forums it is post's like theise that people actually pay attention to.

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Neccessary bloodshed? whats neccessary about it? lol
i cant see anything neccessary about any of it.
Dont mean to be rude but it really does bother me when people dont have respect for animals.
Please dont say you do, to me its that you have respect for what you want to have respect for... mainly belognings, you OWN the fauna, youl do as you please...
Thats not the best approach.
Respect the animal your feeding but truely respect the animal you are using as food!

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i really love this comment
this is the (badword) this is what having reptiles is about . who ever that invertkeeperguy is he sounds like a (bad word). he must spend to much time playing with his tube snake instead of a real one big myke loves it. all the haters (badword) off
alphamalebigmyke sounds like a class act(check his profile)

p.s if my edit job is to raunchy you can delete it

JLDomestics

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dont mean to be rude but it really does bother me when people dont have respect for animals.
Please dont say you do, to me its that you have respect for what you want to have respect for... mainly belognings, you OWN the fauna, youl do as you please...
Respect the animal your feeding but truely respect the animal you are using as food!
Umm bloodshed IS necessary. Some people like blood. Don't hate or discriminate on someone because they enjoy something that you don't. I don't have a clue in the world why people goto church and believe in GOD when frickin Santa Clause is more plausible than GOD, but I don't hate or discriminate on churchies or go into the church and start questioning what it is they are doing there. Plain and simple, if you don't want to watch these videos, then don't frickin watch them. Whining about it isn't going to help one bit.

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
so now you have the authority to say whether there is a god or not?

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
and i do... i respect the fact that it is a living thing and all living things must die. "you made it suffer" boo freakin hoo.

ya know i bet if i put the video to calssical or something you would have been way less bitter about it.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
look what ever your predisposition is to live feeding or the later, something terrible has happened to this thread:wall: where individuals are getting into dangerous ground and letting their emotions control their posts..come on guys!!!! its time to wave the white flag for both sides and let this thing just die....

there looks like there will be no compromise on either end and we all should just respect that....everyone is entitled to their own opinions... soo for all of you that dont like the live feedings??? just dont watch or post in a tread that doesn't have your vid in it.... simple as that.....and to those that do post the vids understand some people will say things emotionally based, it just comes with the territory.......everyone seems to want the last word and doesn't want to relinquish any ground....i just would hate for the mods to have to step in an moderate something that as adults, we are very capable of settling.......just my 2cents

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
look what ever your predisposition is to live feeding or the later, something terrible has happened to this thread:wall: where individuals are getting into dangerous ground and letting their emotions control their posts..come on guys!!!! its time to wave the white flag for both sides and let this thing just die....

there looks like there will be no compromise on either end and we all should just respect that....everyone is entitled to their own opinions... soo for all of you that dont like the live feedings??? just dont watch or post in a tread that doesn't have your vid in it.... simple as that.....and to those that do post the vids understand some people will say things emotionally based, it just comes with the territory.......everyone seems to want the last word and doesn't want to relinquish any ground....i just would hate for the mods to have to step in an moderate something that as adults, we are very capable of settling.......just my 2cents
"raises flag"

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
enjoyment to others, cruelty to others...
human are social, but not communual...

this thread has the longest post ive ever seen...

im guilty that i never fed my scorps any vertebrates... :D

JLDomestics

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
enjoyment to others, cruelty to others...
human are social, but not communual...

this thread has the longest post ive ever seen...

im guilty that i never fed my scorps any vertebrates... :D
Yeah I think I got at least 4 infractions in this stinking thread.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
let me rephrase that...

i never fed any verts to my scorps...

but my crix and mealworms do enjoy some fried chicken... ;P

<edit>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.