nessesary bloodshed (new video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok so i got allot of heat from people regarding my T videos... thats something i sort of expected.. but i figure this vid might be a little less controvertial and one that the reptile lovers here might enjoy...

i know some words are spelled wrong on the vid but im feeling to lazy to fix it.... so i dont care....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Wpo_kOExM

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great music.....FART

But seriously, nice monitors.

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ya i kind of wanted to go a bit hevy metal with that one.. usually i listen to mostly clasic rock and alternative... but i figured for this vid some obnoxious metal was fitting

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You really think this vid is going to get less heat? what part of feeding live rats to a monitor is necessary? At least the snakes kill their prey fast, you give responsible reptile owners a bad name, sicko.

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I see no reason why the feeder animals had to be offered to the snakes live. I only got a few seconds into the video to tell the truth. As soon as I saw a live rat offered, I closed the tab. Thats just reckless endangerment of the snake.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I see no reason why the feeder animals had to be offered to the snakes live. I only got a few seconds into the video to tell the truth. As soon as I saw a live rat offered, I closed the tab. Thats just reckless endangerment of the snake.

It gets ALOT worse. All the snakes took their prey fast, the rats were killed quick and the snakes were not bit.

The monitors are ruthless killers and it was not a quick death for their food, one even swallowed the rat while it was still alive. Looks like the rat might have gotten some good bits in too. Poor monitors and rats, it was sickening.

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
and thats just the way things go.. most of the time i do pre kill my prey but sometimes i will let the animals have a go at it. the green tree got prekilled and so did the tegu. the macklots hold there own just fine... as far as reckless endangerment to an animal goes the monitors where never in any danger. they have thick skin and can take a bite.

one way or another the rats where going to die. dont be such a hypocrite about it. are you telling me youve NEVER fed a rodent live to a reptile? everyone who has kept reptiles has at some point so dont feed me any bull. if you eat meat your guilty of the same thing the monitors are in some way shape or form.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't have a problem with feeding live as long as it is a quick death for the prey. My snakes get live some times but they don't shake and beat the mice senseless first.
To me the death of food does not need to be cruel. Do you really get a kick out of seeing small animals in pain?

There are enough people in this world who think reptiles are scary and/or dangerous with out people like you making horrid videos.

Oh, and the day you see me in a field killing a cow with my teeth is the day you can call me a hypocrite.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Your getting alot of bad ratings, so much for less of a hated argument..

If you just posted videos of your pets not being fed, then im sure you will get nice replies because people always find exotic species like that interesting to watch.

But since it's a public site there are many who would rather not see things get eaten alive and alot who will avoid watching your video.

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't have a problem with feeding live as long as it is a quick death for the prey. My snakes get live some times but they don't shake and beat the mice senseless first.
To me the death of food does not need to be cruel. Do you really get a kick out of seeing small animals in pain?

There are enough people in this world who think reptiles are scary and/or dangerous with out people like you making horrid videos.

Oh, and the day you see me in a field killing a cow with my teeth is the day you can call me a hypocrite.
you dont have to kill someone with your hands to see that its killed. If i pay the hitman to take you out im still guitly in a court of law..

you buying meat is just like paying the hitman... that means your guilty.

Live prey isnt something i feed on a dayly basis.. usually the rats get the swing first. but that dosent make as interesting of a video dose it?

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Your getting alot of bad ratings, so much for less of a hated argument..

If you just posted videos of your pets not being fed, then im sure you will get nice replies because people always find exotic species like that interesting to watch.

But since it's a public site there are many who would rather not see things get eaten alive and alot who will avoid watching your video.
you may be correct.. but theyre will be just as many people who will want to watch..

im not here to please everyone... and i refuse to try.

JLDomestics

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I laugh at people who can't handle live feedings and then have to hate on other people in order to make themselves feel better. HAHAHA im laughing at you wimps. I have enjoyed your videos, and am patiently awaiting more. You need to add blood. If you don't want to watch things being eaten alive then what in the crap are you doing in this thread? I don't like going to church, and that's why you'll never see me there - I don't go there so I can moan and complain because I don't like being there, and no one should come here to complain about live feedings if they don't want to see any and have no right to be here in the first place.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
snakes i understand, mine will only eat live prey but the monitors??? as you saw it was bitten several times and never fully killed the mouse/rat till alittle later....but i think you did get the reaction you were or were not trying to get....at what expense who knows but interesting vids as always:)

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This isn't just a humane issue for the "cute and fuzzies." I'm more against live prey because I've seen the horrific damage and infection frightened prey animals can inflict. I aquired one of my pet mice because it mauled a man's snake severely, and he was going to let it loose in the dead of winter because he was "mad" at it. I'm mad at the snake's idiot owner for exposing it's animal to such peril! When I worked at the zoo, there was a beautiful python who died from a massive systemic infection from a tiny puncture from a mouse. I understand that some animals only eat live, but I don't understand why they're not at least stunned. All live prey that has any capacity to do harm (claws/teeth), IMO, should at LEAST be stunned, if not pre-killed, to prevent tradgedy. Anything less is irresponsible.

Beautiful herps, btw. I love the monitors. I do hope that you never have the misfortune of never experiencing any of them harmed by live prey.

arachi american

Arachnopeon
I laugh at people who can't handle live feedings and then have to hate on other people in order to make themselves feel better. HAHAHA im laughing at you wimps. I have enjoyed your videos, and am patiently awaiting more. You need to add blood. If you don't want to watch things being eaten alive then what in the crap are you doing in this thread? I don't like going to church, and that's why you'll never see me there - I don't go there so I can moan and complain because I don't like being there, and no one should come here to complain about live feedings if they don't want to see any and have no right to be here in the first place.
that shouldnt be too long of a wait. =) the retic at the beginning was mine....ive got 3 others and a whitelip that do some van damage when they eat. if i can get my video capture to work we got that albino ripping open the belly of a rabbit and dumping its intestines all over the cage. got a mouth full of POOP in the process, the whole thing was very brutal, "so it goes". people were PISSED about us tryin to kill a rat with androctonus venom, and when we posted a video showing the speed and agility of a heteroscodra maculata it was nothing but "wah wah youre not supposed to handle those spiders, you stressed it out..."

::sigh:: theres no reasoning with people on subjects that other people have already decided for them. like <edit> evangelicals.

just so you vaginal ones out there dont get too offended, we DID make this video on how to properly kill a rat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n85RK12Meu8

that was my pet rat helen keller, i had her for a few months but her being around was driving my ball pythons crazy...theyre too small for her so i decided to make a lessen and a snack out of her. so it goes. brandon's on narration.

Last edited by a moderator:

arachi american

Arachnopeon
oh and none of those were venomous. it that churns your stomach you should see a big gabby eat a rabbit. or a hybrid helleri/atrox. the rodent would break its own back spasming before the venom could kill it. dang i need to film at craigs house some day. =)

JLDomestics

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ha thats great arachi american. These forums need more people like you and need to ditch a few of the weeklings that post lame opinions like...I won't mention any names.

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
mate thats just sick, you do not deserve otg keep herps "they will die one way or another" its your job as a keeper to make sure that even the prey animals do not suffer

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
are you telling me youve NEVER fed a rodent live to a reptile? everyone who has kept reptiles has at some point so dont feed me any bull.
Actually, there are a great many people who don't feel the need to put small animals through needless pain for entertainment purposes. I'm one of them.

Stop trying to convince yourself you're in the majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.