Monthly Southern California Hike and Hunt

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Okay kool sounds like fun any thing in particular I gotta bring?
good walking/hiking shoes.
water.
sunscreen or shadehat.

if you want to catch bugs bring some tupperwares or whatever. usually enough ppl bring extra stuff you can borrow something, but it's better to not depend on that.

ummm... an offroad capable vehicle if you have one.

oh yeah, and we have kind of been doing a little trading after the bug hunts. it's nice to be able to pawn off--- i mean trade!--- stuff that you have that you are not *as* interested in anymore.

also, we are/were kind of trying to not have to get something to eat in the middle of the day... so if everyone could bring at least snacks, if not a pack lunch that would be cool. it is a nice break to go to wendy's... but it takes up a 5.-1 hour we could be hunting... the break *is* nice though... especially if we take it at noonish when it is really hot. group?

edit:
ahahha, i didn't see this:
Water, containers, and comfy shoes

also, abyss, send me an email (cacoseraph@yahoo.com) so i can add you to the email list to make sure you hear about everything

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
speaking of the next hike... er, the one after it, rather...

June 9 (sat) and June 24 (sun) who is up for them?

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If we go to Azusa Canyons anybody coming from the west can meet up at my house (im in Monrovia) and caravan up to the mouth, and peeps from the east meet up at Andrews and do the same,if it sounds good let me know

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If we go to Azusa Canyons anybody coming from the west can meet up at my house (im in Monrovia) and caravan up to the mouth, and peeps from the east meet up at Andrews and do the same,if it sounds good let me know
sounds good to me

it doesn't make much sense for people to drive 25 miles E to my house, just to back track 25 miles W to Azusa.

we should try to meet at 8:30am at my house, so that way we can get to azusa by 9-9:15a

do you think we should meet at some business or something on Azusa street (er, avenue or whatever... that freeway exit) then caravan up to the mountain?

oh yeah, i met another bugperson on youtube that lives in Orange County that might be meeting up with us.

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oh man.....sounds like a lot of fun. new place! exciting.

unfortunately i will not be able to attend this outing. really sucks on my end.....BELIEVE ME......:mad:

anyway. i hope you all have a blast and bring me back a detailed report!!!

by the way.....while im here typing this. does anyone want to carpool to arachnocon in july? just a thought.
it's really not worth driving if you're by yourself.....ends up costing as much or more than a plane ticket. (gas, food....all kinds of stuff + wear and tear)
but if we have 2 or more people splitting the bill......... hmmm???

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
theres the ranger station type of place at the mouth where you buy the parking pass, we could meet there or i think theres a liquor/grocery store above Foothill that we could meet at. I'll try to go by there and get an address. so anyone that wants to meet @ my house pm me and i'll give you the address and phone # so we can confirm.
W

lizmotobike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow! right here in the hood! about how far do you hike? miles wise i mean. i am in the van nuys area. i am interested in going.

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow! right here in the hood! about how far do you hike? miles wise i mean. i am in the van nuys area. i am interested in going.
were going to a new area that my daughter and i went to on a school field trip, its a paved fire road that has a stream running along side it, 1 of the rangers that i talked to said it goes back about 10 miles or so. it didnt look like a very hard hike, so we will play it by ear. P.M. me and I'll give you my # and address....
Warren

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hey everyone who is interested in this week's SATURDAY, MAY 26, 2007 hike... you need to either make for damn sure to be at my house by 8:30am OR get warren's house and phone number so we can meet there!

we are meeting at warren's house, as it is only a few miles from the mouth of Azusa Canyon

also, there is a pretty cool short little hike we might consider going on. it leads to a hidden vista that is pretty freakin sweet. it also might involve some pseudospelunking so everyone be sure to bring a flashlight!

WARREN

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:( Sorry guys count me out. I was really looking forward to this especially since this was suppose to be the first saturday all month that I don't have to work overtime. But my boss just came up and told me that we have an "emergency" project to do this weekend. Whenever you guys get together on a sunday I'll go or any other saturday I don't have over time. SORRY :(

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
May 26, 2007 H&h

MAY 26, 2007 H&H

Okay, here are the standings right now. If you are
going to go and i have you as some kind of no LET ME
OR WARREN (wburke17@yahoo.com) KNOW!!! we don't want
to leave you behind! WE ARE MEETING AT WARREN'S
HOUSE! YOU MUST GET HIS HOUSE AND/OR PHONE NUMBER!

Code:
Annete		no
buthus		no
nbond		no
twirl		not sure, gonna try
ronin		yes
davidrs		no
mudskipper	no
raul/thiscordia	no
francisco	             maybe(?)
warren		yes
russman		no(?)
what		no(?)
MizM		no(?)
cricket54	             no(?)
abyss_x3	             no(?)
MeaninglessEnd	no(?)
Earl		no
ronin                   yes

THE HIKE IS TOMORROW, SATURDAY MAY 26, 2007

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
:( Sorry guys count me out. I was really looking forward to this especially since this was suppose to be the first saturday all month that I don't have to work overtime. But my boss just came up and told me that we have an "emergency" project to do this weekend. Whenever you guys get together on a sunday I'll go or any other saturday I don't have over time. SORRY :(
we should be doing one saturday and one sunday hike in June. hopefully you can make one of those

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
we should be doing one saturday and one sunday hike in June. hopefully you can make one of those
i look forward to the june hikes!

sorry i wont make it this time. have fun tomorrow.....dont catch too many without me! :p

jk

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i bought three parking passes. that way we don't have to find a store that sells them. you can get one from me for $5

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i will try to figure out this heinous attachment thingy later. sorry.

ok, i'm giving up. i took more pics... actually i meant to make a new thread but i forgot. so.. i just give up. i will fix it tomorrow. if there are attachments here, great, if not... i give up

Attachments