Species Lasiodora parahybana

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats :clap: you got any pics of the mom ??

Regards, Mike :clap:

Ice Cold Milk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow those are amazing pics! i especially like the one where the female looks deflated :)

Bellis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I counted 295.. but that cant be right?! have they shed once already or something? jeebus you've got alot of mouths to feed!!!

Rabid Flea

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think congrats are in order! Good luck with all of em! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Grimlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ice Cold Milk said:
wow those are amazing pics! i especially like the one where the female looks deflated :)
Agreed. I always trip out on the birth pics. The L. parahybana is a great looking T. Sexy legs.

Congrats.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bellis said:
I counted 295.. but that cant be right?! have they shed once already or something? jeebus you've got alot of mouths to feed!!!
dont the L. parahybana have a alot of spiderlings anyway? I thought i read somewhere that they can have 300+

David Richards

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks

Thanks for the congrats everyone. As far as how many, she had a sac slightly smaller last year and there was 1000 in it! Looks to be similar this time, they are about a 1/2 inch deep in places. That hammock was just a temporary for the opening. I have heard of them having over 2000 easy when they are bigger than she.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Great pictures David and big sac for sure!

I have heard of them having over 2000 easy when they are bigger than she.
I think the highest number I heard was 2150... or was it 2510... eh it was a lot regardless.

I just had a N. chromatus sac with 652 healthy 2nd instars... but there were over 800 unfertilized eggs... so the sac had around 1500 eggs in it to start... and the mother wasn't even full grown.

Cigarman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow that mom is a hard working woman! Lookit the size of that sack! Whooeee. :clap:

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Whole E crap! :eek:

Awesome pics! Amazing number of babies! See opening statement! :worship:

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
those pics are incredible thanks for sharing, and also CONGRATULATIONS :clap:

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Awesome pics
Is that pool of yellow liquid the eggs being layed? Sorry, I know very little of T reproduction.

David Richards

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The pool

It is, actually she put out a clear liquid(I assume the sperm dilution) and then she started pumping the eggs out into that solution. The eggs themselves were yellow. The ultimate omlette!