Species Lasiodora parahybana

koldaar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mr Ed, I do believe that L. parahybana slings grow quite fast. This is my first time owning this species, but from what I've read they may nearly double in size with each molt their first year.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Mr Ed said:
Koldaar, you aid your slings were about 1" before the molt? Mine just molted a week or 2 ago from about almost 1/2" to almost 1". Are they pretty fast growers? Mine also has that bluish color too.
read a few threads where some people said there's have gone from about 1" to around 7" in a year...give or take, pretty fast i'd say :) People often report a significant size increase with each molt for the first year as well.

laila

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi!!

Congratulations... You are a grandfather! :clap:

Though i forgot all about you? No, she just took her time to produce, and I have been away.

The eggsack ins't too big (this picture is taken on the day it was laid - it has increased a bit since then), but she finally did it. ;)

I will keep you posted, but hopefully I can send you half a sack in May.
The other female molted, BTW.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is a crappy pic of my Lasiodora parahybana aka Salmon Bird Eater. He is about 1" and recently molted....he is a voracious eater but is fairly docile as well.

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
Mine is going on 2½" and voracious. He thinks he an OBT. I have seem him throwing threats at the wall! Unfortunately I am yet to get much of a picture since he won't sit still in view. Reading the board I am quite surprised at variations of personality shown with specie!

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sweet pic I am hoping to pic one of them up for myself sometime soon.

koldaar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have three 1.5" parahybana and they are incredible eaters! They eat one to two 1/2" crickets per day! They are the fattest little guys! Can't wait till they are adults!

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Female about 5 inches...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sweet!!! just look at her chillin like that, all relaxed. :D

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
she is in premolt right now...I raised her from a little sling...I have had her for about a year....great spider...massive feeder and always out in the open...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I love the species. I have one I got a while back as a sling and it's growing like crazy! Gotta love a massive spider that's not shy :)

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
i agree L parabyhana are great T's thats a cool looking pic too...

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice spider Mike!!! I have yet to get one of these.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I knew my L. parahybana sling was about to molt since it had started to finally refuse food about 5-6 days ago, maybe a little longer and had darkened substantially...got out of bed at 11AM and noticed it was sitting on the back of it's clay pot. Around 12:30PM I saw it had flipped on to it's back and was starting to molt...it got done at almost exactly 3PM :) Here's some pics i took while checking in on it periodically:

Last edited:

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
when I click on the 2nd and 3rd linked ones, it gives me a page that requires me to log in.

Fred

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice T. I wish I took pics of my L striatus molting....

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
WhyTeDraGon said:
when I click on the 2nd and 3rd linked ones, it gives me a page that requires me to log in.
the rest of them worked though? I've never had to log on to Image Shack before for them to host pictures. Hmmm, if anyone else has this problem please let me know and I'll find another way to post these. Not even sure why the first one is so big, they're usually thumbnailed like the rest of the pictures...

EDIT: *Nm...i see what you meant about log in, that's just the page to input the picture to be hosted. They should be fixed now, i was getting the same error when i clicked on them. First one does the same thing they were but it's so big no need to click :) if anyone else has problems lemme know*

Last edited: