Introduce Yourself

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Hello to whoever is seeing this, My name is Calvin and i am from Sparks, Nevada. Im 16 and im new to…. Well basically everything. About 2 months ago i decided to get my first pet, ofc the kind of kid i am i got a tarantula, (avic avic pink toe T) from petsmart. I had done very little research and when i got home i didnt really know what to do from there. Fast forward to now and im still kind of clueless as to if im doing anything right or wrong. I came to this forum knowing how old it is, to see if i could get any expert advice on how to make my tarantula as happy and stress free as possible. Since i had gotten him i have moved him into a way bigger enclosure and i think i might be going about all this a little too fast.
Yep, usually better to do research before purchasing an animal, but we see a lot of the opposite on here. Use the search feature at the top right of the page and you'll find lots of useful info. There's a beginners section here that you can read through:

For great tips on Avic care specifically, read this thread that's linked in the beginners section:

If, after you've read through this info (really - read it first!), you still have questions, you can post a thread on the board below:

Welcome to the boards.

CutThroat Kid

Arachnoknight
Your enclosure looks fine to me, just don’t drop your feeder cricketer or you’ll never find it in that clutter lol. You even have that water bowl that goes halfway up which it cool for Avics that never come down. I’d just moisten the substrate to bump the humidity up occasionally; it looks really dry in the pics. Overall good job, looks like you didn’t cheap out like I usually do. 👍

BlackForest

Arachnopeon
Hi There!
My name is Folker, I'm from Germany, Black Forest region, and since last Friday I'm the happy owner of an Lasiodora Klugi! :)
My daughter owns 12 Ts already, and we went to our favorite store, where my T, named "Berta" sat in
all her beauty! She's 4 years old, now, the T, not my daughter!!! ;)

Greetings from Germany
Folker

berta.jpg

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight
Hi There!
My name is Folker, I'm from Germany, Black Forest region, and since last Friday I'm the happy owner of an Lasiodora Klugi! :)
My daughter owns 12 Ts already, and we went to our favorite store, where my T, named "Berta" sat in
all her beauty! She's 4 years old, now, the T, not my daughter!!! ;)

Greetings from Germany
Folker

View attachment 432021
Welcome to arachnoboards, folker , your klugi looks amazing and you said your daughter has 12 of them a,ready wow I wish my parents let me have that much but anyways yeah

T1883

Arachnopeon
Hi! My name is Taunie and I'm new to tarantulas. Got my first one (an A. Avicularia) in March of this year and am now up to 13 Ts and 2 house spiders. I'm really looking forward to learning and increasing my knowledge on these wonderful creatures from all of you!

I live in Iowa and have a house full of pets, but my T's are probably at the top as being my favs.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hi! My name is Taunie and I'm new to tarantulas. Got my first one (an A. Avicularia) in March of this year and am now up to 13 Ts and 2 house spiders. I'm really looking forward to learning and increasing my knowledge on these wonderful creatures from all of you!

I live in Iowa and have a house full of pets, but my T's are probably at the top as being my favs.
Welcome aboard, we're glad to have you here!

Mazi2991

Arachnopeon
Hello y'all! I never know how to introduce myself sooooo 😅 I'm Jessica , 29 yo, I'm from Italy but I'm trying to relocate in WA state where my bf lives. he brought me into tarantulas world and in this forum as well. I had many animals: reptiles, birds, cats, dogs but that's a totally new experience for me. Luckily my above mentioned bf is experienced and helps me (he scolds me mostly lol) a lot and here I'm getting plenty of useful information and I'm improving my knowledge. Thank you guys for sharing all your experiences 🙏 I'm really appreciating the accuracy with whom everything is explained and the devotion that y'all show to those little amazing creatures

Wrhall5036

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone…my name is Ryhan…I’m from Bristol, TN and work as a high voltage Lineman…I’m kinda bat<edit> crazy…don’t have many people I actually enjoy in my life outside of my son who is 2…we would rather hang with our inverts and reptiles as people…I need some friends in the hobby tho tbh…I enjoy intelligent conversation and learning new things…especially about spiders

Last edited by a moderator:

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight
Hello everyone…my name is Ryhan…I’m from Bristol, TN and work as a high voltage Lineman…I’m kinda bat<edit> crazy…don’t have many people I actually enjoy in my life outside of my son who is 2…we would rather hang with our inverts and reptiles as people…I need some friends in the hobby tho tbh…I enjoy intelligent conversation and learning new things…especially about spiders
Nice! Welcome Ryhan! Just outta curiosity what kind of inverts and reptiles do you have?

Wrhall5036

Arachnopeon
Nice! Welcome Ryhan! Just outta curiosity what kind of inverts and reptiles do you have?
Thank you, It’s nice to be here 😁 excited to be a part of the community…I currently have
Adults:
A. Metallica, P. Murinus, A. Chalcodes
Juvies:
L. Parahybana, D. Pentaloris, N. Chromatus, B. Albiceps
Recently acquired slings:
P. Regalis, C. Marshalli, T. Albopilopus
I have a juvenile double orange dream ball python (he’s gorgeous 😍) and an adult corn snake
I have two day geckos and a bearded dragon
Recently acquired my first scorpion Heterometrus spinifer (scares the crap outta me) lol
Recently acquired a beta for my son (franky the fish)
A southern black widow and a giant wolf spider

Flish

Arachnopeon
Hello! I just got into keeping tarantulas this year (parents would not allow it as a kid) and while they absolutely scare the crap out of me I find them super rewarding and fascinating to keep. :) I currently have two, an adult female Avicularia avicularia who was my first tarantula, a juvie Caribena versicolor who I got a month after her, and now I just picked up a Neoholothele incei and a Holothele longipes the other day so figured I'd make an account :) I've been keeping lots of different animals for my whole life and I've kept plenty of other invertebrates besides tarantulas before now. I'm really liking arboreal and dwarf tarantulas because they really just... Don't feel like what you'd expect from a tarantula, which makes them feel very novel to me.

fredwardkroeger

Arachnopeon
Hello y’all! I’m an enthusiast (colloquially: bug nerd) residing the Okanagan of BC, Canada.

My current brood consists of 1 human child, 3 dogs, and 2 spiders. Although I’m actively trying to grow my spider collection!!

I’ve long lurked these boards in search of knowledge, but now that I’m keeping I thought I’d better join.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hello y’all! I’m an enthusiast (colloquially: bug nerd) residing the Okanagan of BC, Canada.

My current brood consists of 1 human child, 3 dogs, and 2 spiders. Although I’m actively trying to grow my spider collection!!

I’ve long lurked these boards in search of knowledge, but now that I’m keeping I thought I’d better join.
Welcome aboard

eatsleepfish

Arachnopeon
hey everyone! I just joined today - I've been a youtube lurker on some bug/reptile/tarantula channels for a long time and am looking to get my first tarantula soon. I've got my eyes set on a Davus sp. Panama (prev. Theraphosinae), hopefully a sub-adult female but i might just get a handful of slings and hope at least one turns out to be a female since im having a hard time finding one that is sub-adult/mature...regardless I'm very excited to get started in this hobby!

Based in Northwest&Central Arkansas - reach out and pm me if you are near!!

skullnbones

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, My name is Geoff from San Tan Valley, AZ. I recently got into tarantulas and I've been lurking this forum for info and I figured I might as well joint. I currently have 4 slings (C. elegans, T. albopilosus, C. cyaneopubescens, and C. versicolor) from 1/8" up to 1.5" and just picked up an juvenile A. chalcodes this weekend that's around 3+"

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
Hello everyone, new member from South Korea here (though I've spent about half my life in Ontario).

I've kept plenty of arthropods over the years: I started out with catching mantids in Korea and getting ooths off of them, and while I was in Canada I locally caught a female bold jumper, kept her for almost a year, bred her with a male I also caught, got two sacs out of the mating and released the slings (bold jumpers are native to where I lived while in Canada). I eventually got into the more "normal" inverts (T's, scorps, and centis-never been into millipedes), and in the past few months after moving back to Korea, it turned out there was a local T/scorp/centipede breeder whose shop was in walking distance. No surprises for how that went-I've started my first real T collection in the past few months.

Last edited:

Recluso

Arachnopeon
Hello!

I go by Recluso, Reccy or Reccykins. I'm based in the South-West UK and am brand spanking new to Ts. I've very recently picked up a little juvenile B. Boehmei (Tlexotl - or Lex for short) and a little 1 inch C. Versicolor sling (Bismuth). I'm very much still in helicopter parent mode as I've never had inverts before. I'm very keen to learn and I will apologise in advance for what will probably be a multitude of questions! I've already experienced the heart-pounding fear of rehousing Lex in her (referred to as "her" to be polite as currently unsexed) hair-flicking, stroppy glory and the abject fascination of watching both of them feed.

I'm really looking forward to see what knowledge and experience I can learn from and especially hoping to connect with other UK keepers :)

ShiveredTimbers

Arachnopeon
Hello, my name is Ashley I'm new to spider keeping and I live in Texas. I currently own a phidippus audax/bold jumping spider named Azriel. He just ate for the first time since purchasing him from a reptile/tarantula showing in Grapevine TX. I'm currently building a spider shelf and an enclosure for more advanced species in the future. But while I build that I also will be tracking my spoods progress and get familiar with the ropes before diving into anything more advanced.

TofuTheJumper

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm new to this forum (obviously) and a new spider parent. I have a little jumping spider named Tofu. She is a Phiddipus Regius and the absolute sweetest little creature ever. I have her as my pfp, she's still a sling and I can't wait for her to fully mature and grow!