Introduce Yourself

Unleavenedkeys

Arachnopeon
Hello all! My name is Shelby. I've been browsing this forum for quite some time, and I finally decided I should join in on the conversation.
I got into the hobby the same way many people did- through videos! After two years of slowly working through my severe arachnophobia, I kept my first spider. It was all over the moment I saw her sweet little face. I'm now a shameless tarantula addict.

I look forward to learning from this community and (hopefully) providing some input as well!

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hello all! My name is Shelby. I've been browsing this forum for quite some time, and I finally decided I should join in on the conversation.
I got into the hobby the same way many people did- through videos! After two years of slowly working through my severe arachnophobia, I kept my first spider. It was all over the moment I saw her sweet little face. I'm now a shameless tarantula addict.

I look forward to learning from this community and (hopefully) providing some input as well!
Welcome!

Monnie

Arachnopeon
Hi,
I got interested in spiders from seeing one every day in the hallway. Also am wanting to learn how to care for them as a pet, and meet others wiser than I am to help me learn that!

Twiggy1995

Arachnopeon
Hi,

New invert/arachno keeper. Right now I have a 2 days old (to me) colony of 20 diary cow isopods, in a 3 gallon fish tank, that I modified. Don't know if I should go ahead and buy another 20 just to have a larger starting number.

I am seriously considering getting both a giant vinegaroon, as well as some sort of spider in the near future.

I am from Niagara Falls-ish rural area, Canada.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hi,

New invert/arachno keeper. Right now I have a 2 days old (to me) colony of 20 diary cow isopods, in a 3 gallon fish tank, that I modified. Don't know if I should go ahead and buy another 20 just to have a larger starting number.

I am seriously considering getting both a giant vinegaroon, as well as some sort of spider in the near future.

I am from Niagara Falls-ish rural area, Canada.
Welcome!

Speidres

Arachnopeon
Hi um so I'm Ashley and I got into the hobby by watching YouTube.... I have been interested in reptiles/snakes/amphibians since I was very young and once I started watching some stuff on YouTube I kinda got interested in T's... Previously I was kind of an arachnophobe and um insectaphobe I guess maybe you would call it? But since then I have had 4 mantids, a flower beetle, a jumping spider and I now currently have 5 tarantulas. I got my first T in 2019 in the spring, an avic avic named Gohma (I like Zelda/Nintendo lol). She (? unsure of sex) is my oldest T. The next year I got an a seemani "Skulltula" right before the pandemic started. This year I got a p Irminia "Sheik," a p regalis "Bolt" and a y diversipes. These guys were my first slings as I had gotten the avic avic and a seemani as juvies. NGL, Bolt scares me quite a bit with the potential of her bite but so far that's my spider family! I joined to hopefully chat with other people in the hobby, get some advice and because I've been lurking since like 2018 anyway haha. Aside from my T's I also have a cat, a dog (smaller than the cat, who is quite small), two crested geckos and raise isopods, springtails, mealworms and dubia roaches as I like to have bioactive enclosures and I'm not keen on paying $6-10 every time I gotta feed my animals (I live in a city with no exotic pet stores whatsoever so its Petsmart or Petco or nothing). Anyways nice to meet y'all and I'll see you guys around :)

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hi um so I'm Ashley and I got into the hobby by watching YouTube.... I have been interested in reptiles/snakes/amphibians since I was very young and once I started watching some stuff on YouTube I kinda got interested in T's... Previously I was kind of an arachnophobe and um insectaphobe I guess maybe you would call it? But since then I have had 4 mantids, a flower beetle, a jumping spider and I now currently have 5 tarantulas. I got my first T in 2019 in the spring, an avic avic named Gohma (I like Zelda/Nintendo lol). She (? unsure of sex) is my oldest T. The next year I got an a seemani "Skulltula" right before the pandemic started. This year I got a p Irminia "Sheik," a p regalis "Bolt" and a y diversipes. These guys were my first slings as I had gotten the avic avic and a seemani as juvies. NGL, Bolt scares me quite a bit with the potential of her bite but so far that's my spider family! I joined to hopefully chat with other people in the hobby, get some advice and because I've been lurking since like 2018 anyway haha. Aside from my T's I also have a cat, a dog (smaller than the cat, who is quite small), two crested geckos and raise isopods, springtails, mealworms and dubia roaches as I like to have bioactive enclosures and I'm not keen on paying $6-10 every time I gotta feed my animals (I live in a city with no exotic pet stores whatsoever so its Petsmart or Petco or nothing). Anyways nice to meet y'all and I'll see you guys around :)
Welcome!

ConstancePlants

Arachnopeon
Hi! My name is Constance. I live in Memphis Tennessee. I have been a rare plant collector for more than 10 years (constance_plants on Instagram) but I am new to the spider hobby. I have already become so fascinated by tarantulas. They are the most amazing creatures who deserve so much more respect than I ever knew.
A local friend offered me a Tliltocatl albopilosus (Nicaraguan) sling and from the moment I began to learn about them, I knew it would be something addictive. Counting the few slings that will arrive next week, my collection will consist of the following:

Tliltocatl albopilosus -curly hair tarantula (Nicaraguan)

Lasiodora parahybana -salmon pink birdeater tarantula

Acanthoscurria geniculata-Brazilian giant white-knee tarantula

Brachypelma smithi tarantula

Poecilotheria metallica- Gooty sapphire tarantula

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens- green bottleblue tarantula

Pterinochilus murinus -orange baboon tarantula

Heteroscodra maculata-Togo baboon tarantula

Nhandu coloratovillosus-Brazilian black and white tarantula

Caribena versicolor -Antilles pink toe tarantula

I love to learn so please feel free to share any suggestions you have or photos of your Ts of the same species. And please correct me anytime I say something that isn’t correct! I appreciate all knowledge!

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hi! My name is Constance. I live in Memphis Tennessee. I have been a rare plant collector for more than 10 years (constance_plants on Instagram) but I am new to the spider hobby. I have already become so fascinated by tarantulas. They are the most amazing creatures who deserve so much more respect than I ever knew.
A local friend offered me a Tliltocatl albopilosus (Nicaraguan) sling and from the moment I began to learn about them, I knew it would be something addictive. Counting the few slings that will arrive next week, my collection will consist of the following:

Tliltocatl albopilosus -curly hair tarantula (Nicaraguan)

Lasiodora parahybana -salmon pink birdeater tarantula

Acanthoscurria geniculata-Brazilian giant white-knee tarantula

Brachypelma smithi tarantula

Poecilotheria metallica- Gooty sapphire tarantula

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens- green bottleblue tarantula

Pterinochilus murinus -orange baboon tarantula

Heteroscodra maculata-Togo baboon tarantula

Nhandu coloratovillosus-Brazilian black and white tarantula

Caribena versicolor -Antilles pink toe tarantula

I love to learn so please feel free to share any suggestions you have or photos of your Ts of the same species. And please correct me anytime I say something that isn’t correct! I appreciate all knowledge!
Welcome. Plenty of good info here!

KiraKeeper

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, my name is Mark, I am 14 i was born in czech republic and i live here currently. I am new to keeping tarantulas.

Cask1969

Arachnopeon
Hello all, I will start by saying I am new to T's but not to exotics in general. My primary direction is towards naturalistic enclosures. I took a bit for me to join, but there seems to be a lot of good experienced info here and have already learned some things or thought of things I had not before. I hope to keep learning with the group there is so much too learn.

JG91215

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone! I’m Gary, 30, and new to Tarantulas. I’ve wanted one for years, my wife finally decided I could have them. I decided to “go big or go home” lol. I’ve also got 3 dogs and 5 kids. I am grateful for all of the awesome posts & advice that I’ve seen!

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hey everyone! I’m Gary, 30, and new to Tarantulas. I’ve wanted one for years, my wife finally decided I could have them. I decided to “go big or go home” lol. I’ve also got 3 dogs and 5 kids. I am grateful for all of the awesome posts & advice that I’ve seen!
Welcome!

cold blood

Staff member
Hi,
I got interested in spiders from seeing one every day in the hallway. Also am wanting to learn how to care for them as a pet, and meet others wiser than I am to help me learn that!
Welcome to the boards fellow milwaukeean!

rannoch

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

Stared with one T but now have six. Live in Scotland in a fairly remote and quiet area. Have made myself a promise to stick on six Ts and no more. :)

Johan154

Arachnopeon
Hey!

I am in Sweden, started this hobby a year ago, have about 75 tarantulas at the moment and more coming in, greatful to be here among likeminded people.

SeaRaccoon

Arachnopeon
Hi there,
Everytime something went wrong with my multiple legged friends, i always turned to Arachnoboards. Thanks to this place they're still kicking so i decided to join! My name is Ale, and i'm a ecology student with a love for anything eight-legged and insects. I just think entomology's neat!
I have Tara, a T. albo who's been with me for 4 months and is my first T, and Edgar, a teeny tiny jumping spider who i believe may be a Colonus hesperus.

LeCloporte

Arachnopeon
Hello! I started my invert collection with isopods and jumping spiders!
Right now I have 3 colony of isopods, a brachypelma Emilia Male named Crabe🦀🦀🦀🦀
A psalmopoeus cambridgei spiderling (not sexed) named Murderface
3 phidippus Regius -Debbie(F)-Spook(F)-Nitro(M)
1 phidippus soroa Pumpkin(F)

The spider keeping brings me a ton of joy, I think they are amazing and fascinating animals and I learned a lot about them on this forum so I thought that maybe I'll finally join haha

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Welcome!!

Hi there,
Everytime something went wrong with my multiple legged friends, i always turned to Arachnoboards. Thanks to this place they're still kicking so i decided to join! My name is Ale, and i'm a ecology student with a love for anything eight-legged and insects. I just think entomology's neat!
I have Tara, a T. albo who's been with me for 4 months and is my first T, and Edgar, a teeny tiny jumping spider who i believe may be a Colonus hesperus.
Welcome!

Baboshagyma

Arachnopeon
To be quite honest i don't really like spiders. In fact i'm afraid of them. Started watching youtube videos recently to torture and educate myself and also to try and tolerate them more. Had some questions regarding the videos and the spdiers (which turned out are kinda interesting) and i found this forum and tought this would be a better place to ask around.
So i don't keep any spiders myself but my garden is littered with wolf spiders and they freak me out ( more than tarantulas ). Anyway: Hello!