Introduce Yourself

lameesha

Arachnopeon
Hi! I’m new to the hobby and I decided to get a few tarantulas of my own after loving the tarantula thread on Reddit. Excited to be here and very excited to learn.
currently have a GBB sling on the way and a juvie Brach. Hamorii next to the PS5 so….I guess this is my life now

Attachments

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey everyone! It's been a bit. I used to be pretty active here and then I became a widow and life got a little away from me. My twins started keeping tarantulas when they were three. With my help of course and now at the age of 23 are still creepy crawly enthusiasts, as I am. :)
I haven't kept any lovely fizzle butts for a time, but am sliding back into the hobby lol.. because ut always calls us back doesn't it?
Anyway. I got myself hooked again by building a glass case for a garden spider to live inside over the winter and.... yeah... im going to be building so many more houses... and I thought to myself... "hey self? We should get a baby OBT and...." and I answered back... "Yeeeeessss!!!"....
I'm a stained glass artists so.. this is going to be a wild ride lol... woot!! On to the speee-eye-deerrr joy!!
This little lady is Scarlett... my winter house guest and her mansion.

Attachments

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
We have those beauties down here as well. Always love seeing them on my plants

Hi! I’m new to the hobby and I decided to get a few tarantulas of my own after loving the tarantula thread on Reddit. Excited to be here and very excited to learn.
currently have a GBB sling on the way and a juvie Brach. Hamorii next to the PS5 so….I guess this is my life now
Proceed with caution, you'll find yourself wanting more and more! Lol

Arachnohorn

Arachnopeon
Welcome!

Lizbeli

Arachnopeon
Hello!

Im Liz. I was once a big arachnophobe but I stumbled across some great youtubers and now I am hooked on T’s! I have a few snakes, a couple dogs and now four new slings.

Started myself out with a GBB, Versicolor, a B Boehmei and a B Smithi. Already have a long list of future Ts but I have to move a bit slower of the hubby might have a heart attack. Also want to make sure I can properly care for the ones I have before I aimlessly buy more. So far, so good.

Hoping I can stalk this forum a bit and become a more experienced keeper. Thanks!

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hello!

Im Liz. I was once a big arachnophobe but I stumbled across some great youtubers and now I am hooked on T’s! I have a few snakes, a couple dogs and now four new slings.

Started myself out with a GBB, Versicolor, a B Boehmei and a B Smithi. Already have a long list of future Ts but I have to move a bit slower of the hubby might have a heart attack. Also want to make sure I can properly care for the ones I have before I aimlessly buy more. So far, so good.

Hoping I can stalk this forum a bit and become a more experienced keeper. Thanks!
There's lots of good people and info here! Welcome

Arachnohorn

Arachnopeon
Hello!

Welcome!

jwill44713

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone!
My name is Jan. Semi-retired gent from Pennsylvania. Just got my first tarantulas this week! Got a 2.5 inch P. metalica female, a 2 inch GBB. 3 C. Versicolors, 1/2 inch slings. 1 tiny 1/8 inch Pumpkin Patch. 1 T. vegan sling. And 1 OBT. Sling! Looking for G.pulchra slings and P. sp. Platyomma slings!
I also have 3 cats and a snapper turtle!
I enjoy everything outdoors! Fishing, hunting, etc. I'm a certified PADI scuba diver, have a private pilots license (not current, been taking care of my ill wife for last 4 years, till she passed last November) I also enjoy riding my Can Am Spyder as often as weather permits! I pretty much use it as my primary transportation unless the weather stinks.
I'm looking forward to learning more about tarantulas and hope to connect with other loke minded individuals

Arachnohorn

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone!
My name is Jan. Semi-retired gent from Pennsylvania. Just got my first tarantulas this week! Got a 2.5 inch P. metalica female, a 2 inch GBB. 3 C. Versicolors, 1/2 inch slings. 1 tiny 1/8 inch Pumpkin Patch. 1 T. vegan sling. And 1 OBT. Sling! Looking for G.pulchra slings and P. sp. Platyomma slings!
I also have 3 cats and a snapper turtle!
I enjoy everything outdoors! Fishing, hunting, etc. I'm a certified PADI scuba diver, have a private pilots license (not current, been taking care of my ill wife for last 4 years, till she passed last November) I also enjoy riding my Can Am Spyder as often as weather permits! I pretty much use it as my primary transportation unless the weather stinks.
I'm looking forward to learning more about tarantulas and hope to connect with other loke minded individuals
Welcome!

BioMech

Arachnopeon
Hello, I am Kaleb. I am new into this hobby. Saw some videos online that got me interested in the hobby and have my first two tarantulas on the way. (Tliltocatl albopilosus and aphonopelma chalcodes)
Got into this hobby with slight arachniphobia, but have gotten over it for the most part.
I also raise a cat and will be getting 2-4 chinchillas.
Spend my other time gaming, working or hiking

Arachnohorn

Arachnopeon
Hello, I am Kaleb. I am new into this hobby. Saw some videos online that got me interested in the hobby and have my first two tarantulas on the way. (Tliltocatl albopilosus and aphonopelma chalcodes)
Got into this hobby with slight arachniphobia, but have gotten over it for the most part.
I also raise a cat and will be getting 2-4 chinchillas.
Spend my other time gaming, working or hiking
Welcome!

b0mbyx

Arachnopeon
hi!!! i made my account a bit ago but didn't get around to posting yet, i'm hugh (18) and i like bugs :) i think tarantulas r neat, but my real favorites are moths!!! i have a bastard cat, play too many video games, and am constantly unable to stop thinking abt buying millipedes. i also like a bunch of media!!! if ur a fan of pathologic classic hd (2015) or pathologic 2 (2019) i am all ears i love that series so much :D i also play destiny 2, warframe, league of legends, overwatch, and powerwash simulator.

Arachnohorn

Arachnopeon
hi!!! i made my account a bit ago but didn't get around to posting yet, i'm hugh (18) and i like bugs :) i think tarantulas r neat, but my real favorites are moths!!! i have a bastard cat, play too many video games, and am constantly unable to stop thinking abt buying millipedes. i also like a bunch of media!!! if ur a fan of pathologic classic hd (2015) or pathologic 2 (2019) i am all ears i love that series so much :D i also play destiny 2, warframe, league of legends, overwatch, and powerwash simulator.
Welcome!

BrotherBear

Arachnopeon
Hiya,im Kevin nice to meet everyone in here. Just started keeping scorpion and isopods last month.. getting a T next few weeks.. and i stumbled across this forum many times when i was searching for some answers. Hope to learn more from here

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hiya,im Kevin nice to meet everyone in here. Just started keeping scorpion and isopods last month.. getting a T next few weeks.. and i stumbled across this forum many times when i was searching for some answers. Hope to learn more from here
Welcome! There's a wealth of knowledge here!

I'm Jen. Mom, dev, introvert, ally, keeper of pets, living in Florida. :happy:
Welcome Jen!

Out of curiosity, what is dev and ally?

Last edited by a moderator:

Atlas Mason

Arachnopeon
Hey. I have in the last month gotten back into keeping tarantulas and the world has changed in the last 10 years, if I do say so myself,

My first spider was about 30 years ago and was purchased in a mall store and labeled "Chilean Rose Hair". Who knows back then, and I suspect it was wild caught due to the time. I have kept some since then and capped out at about 6 adult rescues, including an OBT, who have long since passed. This time I chose to start with three spiderlings (C. Cyanopubescens, T. Vagans, and D. Pentaloris. I am working on my scientific names and may not be totally correct in spelling).

I look forward to learning all the new husbandry ideas and getting reassurance when my spiders are just doing spider stuff.

Thanks y'all.