Introduce Yourself

Skullion

Arachnopeon
Welcome! What he said above. ^^^

:D
Welcome aboard Anastasia. This is absolutely the best place to learn about tarantulas and other critters. Forget care sheets, YouTube videos, etc. Learn your info here. If you read enough threads, you'll probably rarely even have to ask a question ;) But if you do, that's perfectly fine!! Folks here mean well and want to help!
Thank you both. I appreciate the supportiveness. <3

englishboar

Arachnopeon
Hello all,

New to the forum and to the hobby.

From South of England, on the cusp of the New Forest and I have 2 to so far.

A 1.5cm Brachypelma Auratum and a 3cm Neostenotarsus 'Guyana'.

I was told by the shop these are decent for beginners.

Looking forward to exploring the forum more and learning the best way to keep the little pretties.

Icey51115

Arachnopeon
Hello folks!

Lifelong spider fanatic, but now at 22 I am for the first time preparing to own my first spider, a Phiddipus Regius, and I am very excited. I want to learn all I can about being a good spider pet parent!

The profile photo is a needlefelted wool sculpture I made of a Hyllus Giganteus jumping spider. The username "Icey" is from my initials (I.C.) which you can use to refer to me if you'd like.

Also, if anyone ever sets up a discord for spider-keeping, I'd be quite interested in joining.
Glad to be here! :D:spider:

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hello folks!

Lifelong spider fanatic, but now at 22 I am for the first time preparing to own my first spider, a Phiddipus Regius, and I am very excited. I want to learn all I can about being a good spider pet parent!

The profile photo is a needlefelted wool sculpture I made of a Hyllus Giganteus jumping spider. The username "Icey" is from my initials (I.C.) which you can use to refer to me if you'd like.

Also, if anyone ever sets up a discord for spider-keeping, I'd be quite interested in joining.
Glad to be here! :D:spider:
Welcome aboard!!!

Sipesh

Arachnopeon
Lurking for a while, learning about centipedes and the like as I keep a few. Finally joined to participate, though I'm pretty shy.

HawkAlot

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Calvin. I live in BC, and work with birds of prey. Pretty big into herps as well as arachnids. Hope to meet some cool peeps and share the T love!

meekeresidae

Arachnopeon
hello! My name is Alyssa, I live in Alberta. I have loved arachnids all my life but have only recently really joined the hobby. My favourite species are gandanameno sp.

Last edited:

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
hello! My name is Alyssa, I live in Alberta. I have loved arachnids all my life but have only recently really joined the hobby. My favourite species is gandanameno sp.
I have no idea what that species is, but nonetheless welcome aboard!!

Flygare

Arachnopeon
Hello!
My name is Henrik and I have been lurking around here for a while. Kept exotic animals as a kid but been away from it since. Last year my 5-year old son got some walking sticks. I enjoyed scapeing their enclosure and things escalated… Got a mantis (Heirodula sp.) and dubias to feed it. Started to watch tarantula-channels on Youtube, feeling a bit afraid of the giant hairy spiders.

But things escalated even more…

Today two Ts arrived, one Caribena Versicolor and one Dilocothele diamantensis, around 1 cm in size. Housing them went well (the versicolor was taking a trip up my hand and arm though.. 😍) and they are now happily munching on a dubia nymph each.

The now six year old loves the small monsters already and the 11-year old daughter (who would ”move out if you get a spider”) think they are really cute.

And I Iook at more spieces…

Strikingserpent

Arachnopeon
Hello all. I'm from WV and just getting into owning inverts. I have one scorpion so far. Have other reptiles though.

NightoverTamriel

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! I'm Vanessa from Germany. I'm a passionate pet-keeper but my usual territory are vertibrates, especially birds and rats. However I only recently fell in love with tarantulas and decided to get one for myself after a proper time of research. So yesterday I brought home a young L. Parahybana and am now excited to start my journey into invert keeping! :)

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Welcome to the boards Vanessa.
Lasiodora parahybana is a great choice!

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hi everyone! I'm Vanessa from Germany. I'm a passionate pet-keeper but my usual territory are vertibrates, especially birds and rats. However I only recently fell in love with tarantulas and decided to get one for myself after a proper time of research. So yesterday I brought home a young L. Parahybana and am now excited to start my journey into invert keeping! :)
This is the place to be for good info.If you read and research enough, you'll find that you won't be asking too many questions;)

Finisp

Arachnopeon
Hi! I'm a new to the Tarantula addiction! In April I got my first 2 slings, L. parahybana and a GBB. As of September I have16 Ts adults, juveniles and slings. I learned a lot on YouTube and Facebook groups. Glad to be here! 20210923_195949.jpg

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hi! I'm a new to the Tarantula addiction! In April I got my first 2 slings, L. parahybana and a GBB. As of September I have16 Ts adults, juveniles and slings. I learned a lot on YouTube and Facebook groups. Glad to be here! View attachment 400619
You didn't take any time to jump on in!!

You didn't take any time to jump on in!!
Much better info here than Facebook or YouTube;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmccoy

Arachnopeon
What-it-do Arachnid fam?! 😎🤘

My name is Crystal and I am BRAND NEW (5 days to be exact) to keeping arachnids. I just got my self a lovely Phid. Regius named Ramona- and although thoroughly researched and excited, I am still quite new and just really want to be the best Spider Mama I can be.

Hope you and all your pets are doing well-and wish you all peace and love. Take care ya’ll and I look forward to asking questions and chatting with ya ✌

krautstomper

Arachnopeon
Hi, I've had my first tarantula for a few weeks but I've been researching for months and all my questions seemed to bring me back to this forum so I figure I'd make an account. I have a chaco goldenknee and he's maybe like 1.5 inches leg span, also I don't know if he's a he, but I call him he. His name is Fluffy and he is perfect

20211004_213454.jpg