Introduce Yourself

TheKitchenSink

Arachnopeon
Hi. I'm fairly new here still.
I'm learning a lot from people about Ts just by reading the threads.

I bought my first T at the end of April, (after a crap ton of research) a 1 1/2" G. pulchra, who is yet to come out of the hide lol. It ate, then slowly had buried itself within its hide lol 😞 I suppose I would too, given the choice lol
Anyways, this lead to the very recent purchase of 3 more slings: 1/4" B. Smithii, 1/2" LP and what was supposed to be a 1/2" GBB. When it arrived it was much larger.
The GBB and LP ate the next day when I fed them. The GBB molted two days later.

The smaller slings are cool, because you get to watch them grow from nothing, but they move quick and I feel when the time comes to get another, I will stick with bigger ones. Getting the LP out of the pill bottle and into its new enclosure, proved to be very nerve wracking.

I'm definitely attracted to the webbing and brighter colours of some of the Ts. My GBB is the most active so far and I love to watch it. I'd definitely get another one of these.

The G. P was purchased as a good first spider, and the basic black is beautiful.

It's nice to see this hobby growing. They are fascinating creatures.

survivalkitt

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!

I’ve been browsing videos and these forms for a while, but when Fear Not Tarantulas had a sale this weekend- I finally pulled the trigger!
A G. Pulchripes sling is headed my way and I’m looking to learn and make friends in the hobby.

I’ve kept all manner of pets, including exotics, but never tried inverts before. This aught to be fun!

Looking forward to learning from and getting to know you all. 😊

-Kitt

Howard

Arachnopeon
Hello. I joined here to learn more about tarantulas and to learn how to take better care of them. I've recently taken up the hobby.

Realregallover

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hello! Regallover here!! Specialize in Regal jumping spiders.

Illinois Jules

Arachnopeon
Hiya, just signed on. Hope board still active, I appreciated the early sling posts! I'm Illinois Jules. (huge "Forever Knight" fan -very Canada aware ;). ) I recently started collecting little jumpers, but housed had and have several (2 currently) Taratulas. Just a day or two ago, my wild caught Tan (Platycryptus Undatus) surprised me with clutch of little beasties! Totally unexpected! This search for early sling care brought me to you board. THANK YOU!! We share spiders - I have a house frequently patrolled by wee Zebras. In all, I just wanted to say "Hello". Not sure how much I'll post, but will be around. Be well, Illinois Jules

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hi all :) I'm Jasz (pronounced Jazz) I am new to keeping arachnids. I live in Brighton, England and have found this forum very helpful when Google searching questions :happy:

I have a sub adult Phidippus Regius Jumping spider and In the last few days I have acquired a C.Versicolor sling (my first tarantula) :spider:

I also keep 3 different ant colonies :ant:

Nice to virtually meet you all!
Ant colonies. That's cool and different!

exokappa

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!

after months of youtube content about Tarantulas, I decided to jump in! I don't have any large T because I decided to start from scratch, just slings.

My first add to the collection was a Nhandu chromatus of about 0,5cm LS, and the seller was so gently to add a Lasiodora parahybana sling as a freebie :lol:
Both molted last week, and I'm super happy.

I started a youtube channell too, just because I would like to have some kind of "tracking" in the growth of my slings and share to everone what I know about them!

Jonathan1987

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,
I am new here but not new to Arachnids. I've had many animals over the years of my life ever since I was a kid that includes,Tarantulas,Scorpions,Lizards,Fish,Insects and I have a hobby of growing Carnivorous Plants with over 20 different species of these insectivorous plants.

My Wife and I have a 4 year old Son together and have been together for almost 5 years now. Our Anniversary is in September. We want to teach him to love nature and all kinds of living things which I think we've been pretty successful at :).

CCH171923

Arachnopeon
Hello, I am Corena. I am a first time T-Mom and I am in love with all of my babies. I have a lot of free time and I am filling some of it up with some beautiful eight legged babies

Boomkip

Arachnosquire
Hi! Boomkip here. Have owned two G. Pulchra for 2,5 years. Bought them as slings. Since this weekend I own two new slings, a Neoholothele incei and a Psalmopoeus Irminia. I also own alot of other animals, it's like a little zoo here. Looking forward to being a member of this forum 😊

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hello everyone!

I’ve been browsing videos and these forms for a while, but when Fear Not Tarantulas had a sale this weekend- I finally pulled the trigger!
A G. Pulchripes sling is headed my way and I’m looking to learn and make friends in the hobby.

I’ve kept all manner of pets, including exotics, but never tried inverts before. This aught to be fun!

Looking forward to learning from and getting to know you all. 😊

-Kitt
I have a G. Pulchripes sling myself. Be prepared for not a lot action and barely seeing it for a long time! Anyhow, this forum is excellent for top quality advice!

Last edited by a moderator:

BriFurness

Arachnopeon
Hey all! I'm Bri, 27. I'm a preschool teacher and a mom to a toddler. I love tarantulas and scorpions and inverts of all kinds. I teach my students about Arachnids and inverts and teach them to have a healthy respect for all creatures. I want to be an animal educator some day. I joined arachnoboards to learn more than just the research stuff, I want to learn from other's experience as well.

Cowboykilla

Arachnopeon
aloha. I'm cowboykilla. I'm American (indigenous - hence the name, my heroes have always killed cowboys) and living in West Yorkshire, UK. I have five spiders, two cats and a dog.... and a husband. Six grandkids, three grown children and I work from home. I'm into trad goth and music and plants. Be just and fear not!
Snapchat-363761156 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
aloha. I'm cowboykilla. I'm American (indigenous - hence the name, my heroes have always killed cowboys) and living in West Yorkshire, UK. I have five spiders, two cats and a dog.... and a husband. Six grandkids, three grown children and I work from home. I'm into trad goth and music and plants. Be just and fear not!
View attachment 397419
Aloha!! Welcome aboard! We're mostly a friendly bunch;)

TarantulaAzul

Arachnopeon
Hi all. No I'm not the actual tequila, I'm just a fan of their logo and product. I was the kid that was always bringing home frogs, snakes and spiders asking "can we keep him?".I was an Infantryman in the US Army for five years. My long term girlfriend and I just got our first four tarantula spiderlings in the last week, after having helped my dad with his now sixteen slings for over a month.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hi all. No I'm not the actual tequila, I'm just a fan of their logo and product. I was the kid that was always bringing home frogs, snakes and spiders asking "can we keep him?".I was an Infantryman in the US Army for five years. My long term girlfriend and I just got our first four tarantula spiderlings in the last week, after having helped my dad with his now sixteen slings for over a month.
Welcome!

Hello, I am Corena. I am a first time T-Mom and I am in love with all of my babies. I have a lot of free time and I am filling some of it up with some beautiful eight legged babies
Welcome!

Chuck3

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
I’m Chuck, Illinois, I work in atmospheric studies and forecasting with the NWS, but animals have always been my passion. I’m a long time keeper of arachnids and many other animals! What brings me here is I don’t know anyone who shares this hobby so it’s great to be around those who do, to actually talk to and hear from others is incredible in this hobby! This is an amazing place and my first post was incredibly welcoming!

Jaswi

Arachnopeon
Hello all. Newbie with a general spider/science experiment related question.

Where would that question (unrelated to tarantula specific board) go? Pretty new to boards, so please go easy on me!

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hello all. Newbie with a general spider/science experiment related question.

Where would that question (unrelated to tarantula specific board) go? Pretty new to boards, so please go easy on me!
Ooh, that's a tough one. Look through all the different forums and go from there. If you ask a question in the wrong section, the moderators will steer you straight. Welcome aboard!

tervis

Arachnopeon
Hello there! I was a bit shy to do this introduction but today I thought, what the heck. :D

I'm Terv, a 30-year-old nerd from Finland, nice to meet you all! I love animals a lot and during the many many years I've lived away from my parents, I've shared my home with cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, fancy mice, pygmy mice, snakes, several species of giant land snails, stick insects, a praying mantis, fish... I think that's all. :- D As of right now, I'm living with just a fraction of that amount of pets, the newest addition to the family being a sweet little scorpio maurus palmatus and a bunch of lively, lovely red runners. (I would love to get a spider of some sort one day, but unfortunately, my girlfriend is deathly scared of them.)

Thanks to a dear friend I contracted "the bug fever" a while ago and after careful consideration settled on a scorpion. During the time of researching them I ran into this forum a lot so now that I've finally gotten a baby of my own, I thought it'd be great to join! I really appreciate the advice and insight of other hobbyists so I'm really looking forward to delving deeper into the topics and conversations here.