Introduce Yourself

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
My wife was deathly afraid of my tarantulas and snakes as well, but she's learned over the years they're not as bad as she once thought. Maybe your significant other will give in and keep an open mind!

tervis

Arachnopeon
My wife was deathly afraid of my tarantulas and snakes as well, but she's learned over the years they're not as bad as she once thought. Maybe your significant other will give in and keep an open mind!
Oh that's so great, love to hear it! I have to admit that I was a little crafty when choosing to get a scorpion - they're not as scary to her and they kind of look like spiders in an ambiguous way... so there's hope. :cool:

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Scorpion
Oh that's so great, love to hear it! I have to admit that I was a little crafty when choosing to get a scorpion - they're not as scary to her and they kind of look like spiders in an ambiguous way... so there's hope. :cool:
She'll take a scorpions appearance over a tarantula? Lol

tervis

Arachnopeon
She'll take a scorpions appearance over a tarantula? Lol
Haha, well fears always have a source and I do believe scorpions are easier to digest because you can't find them or anything similar in nature over here in Finland (well maybe pseudoscorpions - but those are tiny, rare and resemble ticks more than anything else), so there are no previous bad experiences with them.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Haha, well fears always have a source and I do believe scorpions are easier to digest because you can't find them or anything similar in nature over here in Finland (well maybe pseudoscorpions - but those are tiny, rare and resemble ticks more than anything else), so there are no previous bad experiences with them.
Oh, gotcha! I guess to me they're far more alien looking and creepier looking than tarantulas any day! Lol. Anyhow, welcome aboard! This site is great, lots of good info and good folks. You'll come across a lot of different personality types, but at the end of the day, everyone here means well! Don't forget the Watering Hole for off the topic threads!

tervis

Arachnopeon
Oh, gotcha! I guess to me they're far more alien looking and creepier looking than tarantulas any day! Lol. Anyhow, welcome aboard! This site is great, lots of good info and good folks. You'll come across a lot of different personality types, but at the end of the day, everyone here means well! Don't forget the Watering Hole for off the topic threads!
Oh for sure, like even though I love these little critters, I can't quite comprehend how a scorpion's face works and seeing them eating... is an experience. But a tarantula or a jumping spider? Straightforward, lovely and fluffy faces. It looks natural when they eat. So I absolutely get where you're coming from : D But hey thank you so much for the warm welcome! I just went and ticked the box for the Watering Hole, thanks for the reminder. (thumbsup)

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Oh for sure, like even though I love these little critters, I can't quite comprehend how a scorpion's face works and seeing them eating... is an experience. But a tarantula or a jumping spider? Straightforward, lovely and fluffy faces. It looks natural when they eat. So I absolutely get where you're coming from : D But hey thank you so much for the warm welcome! I just went and ticked the box for the Watering Hole, thanks for the reminder. (thumbsup)
You're welcome!!! Obviously the boards are great for advice and questions, but the Watering Hole is a great place to vent, to laugh, or to just speak what's on your mind!

Whisper

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, I've lurked around here a couple of times over the years and I've finally decided to join the community. I'm fortunate to live in Northern California surrounded by redwoods and beautiful beaches. My husband is a bit of an arachnophobe, but I was able to convince him to let me get a small colony of scorpions, which just got a lot bigger... but I'll go into that in an appropriate area :lol:.

I'm pretty slow to add new animals to my household, as I really like to go big on their enclosures so I'm not likely to become a big collector unless I fall into a lot of money lol. I'm super into building terrariums and naturalistic environments and I have a LOT to learn. Looking forward to hanging with a group of like minded people!

camarguess

Arachnopeon
What’s up everybody. I’m a 31 year old dude from the Chicago area in the US. I’ve been into bugs my whole life, but I’ve never thought about keeping any as pets though, until recently. Part of what put me off keeping them was because I assumed (for whatever reason) that all inverts are short lived. After doing some research, I’ve come to realize that there are quite a few species that actually live 10 or more years, so that’s brought me around. Bugs to me are really fascinating. I actually think they’re beautiful (crazy right 😜). A long time ago when I was a kid, I had this idea of actually collecting bugs and mounting them in a case, but it didn’t take long for that idea to go out the window, as it meant killing the beautiful things I wanted to have, which I couldn’t do. After some recent thought, I feel keeping them would be the equivalent of having my childhood dream of having a collection without hurting them and so here I am. I hope to learn a lot from you guys and maybe make some new friends along the way. If anyone else on here is near Chicago hit me up.Take care, and have a good one.

Periculum

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hello. I'm Paolo from Philippines, 26 yrs old, . I've been checking on this group since i started last year keeping scorpions and decide to join this group.

RedrockTarantulas

Arachnopeon
My name is Mike and I'm super excited to be a part of this community. I have been keeping Ts for a little while and I enjoy learning new info! Here is what I currently have and will be adding to it soon of course! :)
Grammostola Rosea
Harpactira Pulchripes
Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens
And Psalmopoeus Irminia
I'm really happy to talk with people who share my passion for beautiful spiders!

VaporRyder

Arachnoknight
My name is Mike and I'm super excited to be a part of this community. I have been keeping Ts for a little while and I enjoy learning new info! Here is what I currently have and will be adding to it soon of course! :)
Grammostola Rosea
Harpactira Pulchripes
Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens
And Psalmopoeus Irminia
I'm really happy to talk with people who share my passion for beautiful spiders!
Awesome! Welcome Mike! :D

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Welcome to Arachnoboards Mike! You’re in the right place! Enjoy :D

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Welcome, welcome! A few basics to navigating in the early member stage:

1. Don’t feed or give the members water after midnight (gremlin movie reference)
  2. Members that bite are generally not medically significant, but you could experience mild irritation
  3. Open Pandora’s Box (aka the Classified section) at your own risk; temptation is real.

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
I'm really happy to talk with people who share my passion for beautiful spiders
You are quite literally in the best place to discuss this. My regards to your family, because they will be seeing very little of you if you engage seriously. I came for the true spiders and now I have about 12 tarantulas.

Skullion

Arachnopeon
Hey, there. My name is Anastasia. I am 16 years old. I joined to ask questions about tarantulas, since I'm thinking of getting one if I can convince my mother.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hey, there. My name is Anastasia. I am 16 years old. I joined to ask questions about tarantulas, since I'm thinking of getting one if I can convince my mother.
Welcome aboard Anastasia. This is absolutely the best place to learn about tarantulas and other critters. Forget care sheets, YouTube videos, etc. Learn your info here. If you read enough threads, you'll probably rarely even have to ask a question ;) But if you do, that's perfectly fine!! Folks here mean well and want to help!