Introduce Yourself

hauntedchicago

Arachnopeon
Rookie

Hello from Chicago-
Huge Halloween freak here, Devils Food/Black Widow by Coop is a classick-
I've had a laundry list of pets from an alligator to my retriever, but never had any spiders before. Considering all the crazy sh*t I've had over the years I'm now deciding to go for somethin small on space but big on phobia. I'm clearin out 2 old 5 gallon tanks and gettin ready to jump into the world of tarantula's. I'm thinkin maybe a redknee or a zebra as the "handling" tank, and then maybe a cobalt or a green bottle as the "look but don't touch" tank. And from what I've been readin here, I'm thinkin Botar is the way to go. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

acerno

Arachnopeon
Hello

Greetings everyone,

Just signed up. I am located in the State of New York, USA and maintain scorpions. Looking forward to the Arachnoboards. Regards,

Louis

CjP

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello

Hi all. Proud new owner of a Chilean Rose. I made the mistake of letting my kids name her, and now she's Princess Leia. :? Anyway, I've been looking for a good forum because I'm guessing I'll need lots of tips and advice, and it looks like I've found one!

pumpkinette

Arachnopeon
Well hello there

Hi. My name's Leanne. I've come here to learn, help and share my 'limited' knowledge :D

I will be posting pics in a minute :)

T_ROY

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Newby

HI im Troy

Ive been keeping tarantulas for about 2 yrs now
I have

2 avic avic juvenile
1 semi adult avic avic
2 Acanthoscurria geniculata
2 Grammostola rosea just about adults

my gf has a silver corn snake and we have a black cat named simon.
Im trying to get my hands on a couple Grammostola pulchra
IM glad i found this site for botar

Im still fairly new to the hobby i have to say this is getting addicting.

Wulfgar

Arachnopeon
new guy here

Hi, i am Jason from New Mexico. Fairly new to the hobby, but always dyning for more information on our subject.

HaploFool

No longer a pet hole
Arachnosupporter
Hello Everyone

Hi there,

My name is Jason and I have been into inverts since I was 19 (I'm now 33) and have drifted in and out of the hobby until recently drifting back into it. I'm not an expert but I'm not an idiot.

I currently have 2 L. Murphyorum slings, 3 Usumbara Baboon slings, 3 A. Metallica slings, 1 Costa Rican Red sling, 1 Kilimanjaro Baboon sling, a MM Grammastola Rosea and a MF Grammastola Rosea (yep, mated my first tarantula pair last night), two sub adult A. Avicularia's, 1 pair of adult H. Spinnifers, a communal tank of 8 Pandinus Imperators, a communal container of 6 Centruroides Hentzi's (at least one female is gravid), 2 P. Regalis slings, 1 Vietnamese Centipede (looking to sell or trade this creature - kids), and am looking for:

Avicularia Purpurea slings
Avicularia Minatrix slings
pretty much anything Avicularia.

But enough of that... nice to be here among fellow members of this wondrous hobby!

J

EmberWishes

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, I'm Heather, a new European member. I've only been interested in studying spiders for a few weeks now, and find them very interesting ((one of my favourites being the Fishing Spider, Dolomedes Fimbriatus)).

I'm here to hopefully make new friends who are also interested in Arachnology, and learn more about it. :)

stanly

Arachnopeon
hello

hello all
i am stanly~live in TAIWAN
I keep a lot tarantulas ~
nice to meet everybody~
now i want keep Centipedes and Millipedes.
but i do not know what to do~~= =
i need some help plese~
my english no good,sorry~

heks

Arachnopeon
hey.. the names Joe... im currently living in the sf valley... ive been in the hobby only a short time(kinda).. i am a tattoo artist and ride bicycles semi pro.. im 26 and have three children( all with the same mother who i am married to)... thats all im saying :D

Emilyloulou

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hullo :)

Hello, my name is Emily an im 19. Im from London, UK but i spend a large ammount of time in Nottingham due to Uni.

I've had some sort of invert at all times since i was 6 as my parents got me some giant prickly stick insects for my birthday, started on stick insects,then ants, then mantids, then roaches, then milipedes then tarantulas. I currently have 11 T's and a trapdoor spider along with various species of roaches and milipedes, all of which i shouldn't have in student accomodation.

My parents think i have 2 tarantulas.

I have:
1x Blue Pink Toe (Avicularia versicolor)
1x Chile Beauty (Grammostola rosea)
1x Giant White Knee (Accanthoscurria genticulata)
1x Mexican Red Knee (Brachypelma smithi)
2x Peru Striped (Thrixopelma pruriens)
1x Salmon Pink Birdeater (Lasiodora parahybana)
1x Burmese Birdeater (Chilobrachys burmensis)
1x Guatamala Tiger Rump (Cyclosternum species?)
1x Singapore Blue (Cyriopagopus species?)
1x Panama Giant Black (species?)

And a trapdoor spider which doesnt seem to like making trapdoors much.

Smilodon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hellu. I fell in love with the hobby after recieving my first rosie for my birthday about six years ago. I'm 18, love writing and working on engines, and am also a sucker for animals.

By the way Em, go you, 'nother teenage girl who likes creepy crawlies. My parents are also in the dark. They think I have three, when I in fact have fifteen or sixteen. Panama Black is Sericopelma communis, by the way.

jon.rothweiler

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm pretty new to the hobby. I bought my first T in mid November.

I have a Chilean Rose Hair, a Pinktoe, and a Costa Rican Zebra Rump.

Welcome me. :D

LanceandAmber

Arachnopeon
hello all we are new to Arachnoboards...we have one tarantula...just looking for others that have pets and such..lance and Amber

Rosahår

Arachnopeon
Hello, new member here :) Just got my first spider a couple months ago, a 0.1 G.Rosea. I have always loved spiders, but not until recently I tried to convince my mom, that spiders arent evil devils :rolleyes: So I finally got one and she's just adorble.I named her Hinoiri.

k9teacher

Arachnopeon
Intro

Hi

I am a misplaced New Englander currently living in the Tampa Bay Area of Florida. I am 48 years old and from the looks of most of the post I feel like the old lady of the group !!! No worries.....age is just a number.

I have been spiderless for about 6 months now. I have had 3 previously and after giving my endless hours of enjoyment are now in spider heaven.

Currently I have a twenty high vintage fish tank that is looking for a colorful inhabitant that I can see often. I kinda have my eye on Avicularia Versicolor AKA Antilles or Matinique Pink toe but am open to any suggestions anyone may have. I really want a spiderling if possible.

No burrowers and super agressives please. Just a pretty spider that is on the active side.

arachnidgirl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello everyone,

I have been apart of this community since 2006. I mostly read posts trying to learn as much as I can. I had my first male G. rosea in 2006 who unfortunately
did not make it through his last molt :( .

I was very upset. it took me a year to convince myself to get another, this time I purchased a G. rosea sling. At the time of purchase s/he was 1/2. Now s/he is 2 inches {D . For my birthday my husband got me a 3 inch A. seemanni {D .

I also have two more slings on there way from Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

I've always loved creepy crawlies and such. My mother still talks about when I was a kid she would go to do my laundry and she would find caterpillars in my pockets....lol

That was when I was 5-6 years old. I am now 24 and loving it :D

Emilyloulou

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hellu. I fell in love with the hobby after recieving my first rosie for my birthday about six years ago. I'm 18, love writing and working on engines, and am also a sucker for animals.

By the way Em, go you, 'nother teenage girl who likes creepy crawlies. My parents are also in the dark. They think I have three, when I in fact have fifteen or sixteen. Panama Black is Sericopelma communis, by the way.
thanks for the ID!

It is surprisingly hard to be a teenage girl who likes spiders! I got/still do get called all sorts of things all the time. Just brushes off now but even still sometimes it gets to me an i question if im a bit weird. Then i think who cares! look at all my great pets! :D

Smilodon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks for the ID!

It is surprisingly hard to be a teenage girl who likes spiders! I got/still do get called all sorts of things all the time. Just brushes off now but even still sometimes it gets to me an i question if im a bit weird. Then i think who cares! look at all my great pets! :D
Anytime! And that's very true. I get a lot of crap from the fam and friends being a tarantula lover. Doesn't make me want to get rid of them. In fact, it makes me tend to get more. {D I haven't had much luck getting my girl friends to like them, but now my boyfriend loves them. :rolleyes: