Introduce Yourself

jumpingfrogge

Arachnopeon
Hi! my name is Evan, I'm a long-time fishkeeper looking to get into inverts (specifically spiders) as a way to get over my arachnophobia. Short term I'm trying to get some jumping spiders/velvet spiders, but I hope to expand into tarantulas someday. Just a bit too big for me right now lol. I also love centipedes, isopods, scorpions and really every other invert! Heard this is the place to go for tips on raising/caring for spiders, so here I am.

danthebugman

Arachnopeon
Hey! My name is Daniel. I have kept all sorts of reptiles/amphibians/inverts since I was a kid. I teach 6th grade math and science. Last year a coworker brought me a beauty of a wolf spider that they found in their garage. I put it in one of my surplus 10 gallon tanks and it was one of the most popular class pets I've had. My wife suggested that I get a tarantula for the upcoming school year. I've kept iverts, but never a tarantula so after some research and scouting around, I now have a beautiful Aphonopelma chalcodes. I've only had her a few days, but she's pretty awesome and pretty sure she's going to lead me down a rabbit hole. Hence why I'm here :smirk:.

cpotter

Arachnopeon
Hi I’m Cotton,
I’ve wanted a tarantula my whole life, since I first saw one at a nature center, and now I have three Ts and one dune scorpion (named Sandra). I have Posey, a pink toe (a. avicularia), Karl, a curly hair (t. albopilosus) and Sunflower Seed, a stripe knee (a. seemanni). I’ve actually been frequenting these boards for a while now, even before I got my first T to figure out how to get started, but I’ve finally come up with a question I can’t find the answer to, so it seemed like the perfect time to actually join.

Kjm279

Arachnopeon
Hello! My name’s Keri. I have been keeping tarantula for only a little over a year and yesterday picked up my first scorpion. I’ve kept mantids on and off for years. I’ve also kept bearded dragons, a tortoise, crested geckos, and currently have two green anole. I’ve had parakeets and cockatiels and have kept chicken for the past 5 years. Plus 3 kids, 3 cats, two dogs, and a rabbit. And one mutant demon tetra that lived for almost a decade and killed anything else that was put in its aquarium…

With that said, I’m mostly here to learn more about scorpion. Tarantula info is all over the place but I have been struggling to find info on scorpions. Especially info that is consistent.

FloorSalad

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Ty. I'm 25 and have been keeping inverts since a was very small. I have kept many spiders, but I am new to keeping tarantulas (my first I will be getting on the 15th). I'm also a dog owner, a pet hotel employee, a complete nerd in general, you get the idea.
I'm also animal welfare certified, so hopefully I can both learn a lot here and teach a lot!

MigueDude

Arachnopeon
Hey all! Won't say I'm new to keeping inverts, but new to keeping them properly considering I used to do it as a kid and now I'm 38 going back to it with my kids. Here to learn and just get into a hobby I actually enjoy.

Pokegeek151

Arachnopeon
Hello hello! I'm Vin (they/them, she/her)! I'm 23 and new to Arachnoboards (and forums in general, if I'm honest). I'm not in a position to get any spiders right now, but I would love a tarantula someday, so I'm going to learn as much as I can now so that when I can have one, I'll be able to treat it right. Pleasure to be here!

Last edited:

Rhombus

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! I'm Rhom and its my first time diving into inverts, after years of just researching care one visit to the local reptile expo and I finally got my hands on some!! I'm absolutely excited for caring for them and would love any advice from old timers, beginners, anyone really. Currently I have isopods, a juvenile brazilian black tarantula, and a tailless whip scorpion. Glad to be here!

spoper

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I have suffered from severe arachnophobia all my life but a few years ago I saw a video that made me see spiders slightly differently. A beautiful timelapse of a blue tarantula molting, all I felt was awe, no fear. Fastforward to more recent times, I decided to turn my fear of spider into a fascination of spiders. I started seeking out spiders in my area and I take macro photos of them (which requires me to get as close as half a hand close to my target of focus), and I also watched a lot of videos about spiders, it's all so eye-opening.
My most recent step in my journey to leave my fears behind was taking the opportunity to capture a juvenile Lycosidae when I came across one in my house. I ordered a proper enclosure for it and I've been observing it for about a week now, watching it hunt the small live prey I put in his temporary enclosure. It's amazing and I'm so excited to learn more! I'll be posting in the appropriate forum sections about this later.

Asti

Arachnopeon
Hi all! Dutch native, been keeping aquaria and isopods for several years, started out with tarantula's and millipedes this year. My space for keeping them is limited to the living room, because that's the main room we keep heated in Winter. I currently have these T's:

Davus pentaloris 0.0.1 (called Pimmy)
Grammastola pulchra 0.0.1 (no name yet)
Lasiocyano Sazimai 0.1 (called Saar, just molted)
Tliltocatl albopilosum 0.1 (no name yet, just molted as well)

Pimmy is officially my kid's T, but since she's 4 years old that means she got to name it and gets help taking care of it (picking out the mealworms and such). She's used to dealing with the isopods and millipedes, which she is allowed to handle in my presence.

I have room for about two more T's, but since that's it I am massively doubting which ones. Room is limited, money is a bit less of an issue. At the moment I'm leaning towards a Theraphosa apophysis and an OBT. I love their looks but I'm a bit weary of the notorious hair kicking of the first and the venom of the second. Thoughts?

So far I haven't handled my T's or seen the need to. I love Dave's Little Beasties on Youtube, he's like the Bob Ross of tarantulas hehe ... very soothing. I aim to handle the way he does.

Looking forward to share and learn here!

Hi all, I have suffered from severe arachnophobia all my life but a few years ago I saw a video that made me see spiders slightly differently. A beautiful timelapse of a blue tarantula molting, all I felt was awe, no fear. Fastforward to more recent times, I decided to turn my fear of spider into a fascination of spiders. I started seeking out spiders in my area and I take macro photos of them (which requires me to get as close as half a hand close to my target of focus), and I also watched a lot of videos about spiders, it's all so eye-opening.
My most recent step in my journey to leave my fears behind was taking the opportunity to capture a juvenile Lycosidae when I came across one in my house. I ordered a proper enclosure for it and I've been observing it for about a week now, watching it hunt the small live prey I put in his temporary enclosure. It's amazing and I'm so excited to learn more! I'll be posting in the appropriate forum sections about this later.
Hi! I'm new here too and started out with a massive fear of spiders (and other crawly things) as well. It's great how fear can transform in fascination! It's hard not to appreciate them once you learn more about them isn't it. The stupid thing is that I don't fear big tarantulas, but I do still very much like grasshoppers and dubias. The brain is weird man. Looking forward to seeing your cool photo's and maybe see you get more pets too!

SteveoAdz

Arachnopeon
Hi , I’m new here
Have a few T’s
Brazilian red
Red knee (hamori)
Salmon pink
Rusty red baboon
Zebra knee
White knee
Unicorn baboon

ATPikachu

Arachnopeon
Hi all! Lozzy here. Harbinger of chaos and master of oversharing.

I'm a 30 something secondary school science teacher (let me guess you hated physics right?) 😏...I've got raging ADHD and lost over 130lbs after a gastric bypass... in a previous life I maintained the inverts for a Birmingham based reptile shop (after they found out i was terrified) before I left to go home to the channel islands to have my daughter having fallen in love with tarantulas....

Got back in to it after a conversation in the prep room led to the school getting a couple of Ts led to me taking a bunch off the same person as she was rehoming for personal reasons...so here I am 🙃 better late than never I guess!

GordonTarantulaMan

Arachnopeon
Yo my name is Gordon and I'm a non-binary 17 year old who has an extreme hyperfixation for tarantulas (I am neurodivergent and tarantulas just decided to take over my silly little brain). I started keeping tarantulas for over a year now and currently have 3 tarantulas B). I constantly research tarantulas and they are all I can talk about. Besides loving tarantulas I enjoy video games such as Apex Legends, Dead by Daylight, tf2, and Half-life. I'm also an artist and enjoy creating characters! My dms are always open and don't be afraid to reach out to me if ya find me interesting! And if you are queer, trans, or neurodivergent please please please reach out to me as I would love to discuss tarantulas with ya! B) (It keeps changing my emoticon smiley face to an emoji so have a smiley emoticon with shades instead B))

VCreations

Arachnopeon
Hiya, I'm Vim! I've been an invert collector for about 6 years now, though I've owned all sorts of animals. I mainly focus on isopods and millipedes, but I love arachnids as well! I have a tailless whip scorpion, a metallic pink toe, and a rosie hair. I've also recently started keeping jumping spiders!

I've joined the boards in hopes of learning more about these amazing little critters and to be assured I'm not the only one this crazy about arthropods!

Gazoonia

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! I'm Jess :)

I've been keeping jumping spiders for almost two years now. I have two babies called Pers (adult/sub-adult regal jumping spider) and Cochise (sub-adult apache jumping spider).

As for tarantulas, I'm fairly new to the game! I've been keeping them for a month or two and as of right now I have a juvenile GGB and a juvenile Brazilian black. Both unsexed and both unnamed, but have a few ideas. Very much want to call them Elias and Jonah if they're males. If you get the reference, please message me.

Outside of the arachnid world, I have a budgie called Bennie who is the absolute light of my life and a Hermann's tortoise called Daisy.

And besides all the pet stuff... I'm a 25-year-old Scottish girlie, working as a bartender, have a degree that I'm not using just yet. Not sure where I'm going in life but I'm enjoying the ride.

Nice to meet you all :)

Spinnenkoenigin

Arachnopeon
Hello from central europe!
I'm a keeper since a little over a year now. I have some Tliltocatl Vagans, Tliltocatl Albopilosus and Heteroscodra Maculata. Which are about 9 Tarantulas in total, and I have many more on my „Wishlist”!
My husband was a heavy arachnophobe which I could'nt keep tarantulas earlier, even though I wanted it. He fought over his fear and started to love tarantulas - with a good portion of respect - he now likes to watch them and help me feed them.

I'm here to share and learn more!

Despacho Animal

Arachnopeon
Hi All! Greetings from Spain!
I just started with my first, a Caribena Versicolor sling. I started now, after few years keeping some fish, dendrobates, reptiles, etc.. because in a few days we will have a restrictive animalist law with some starting point restriction like venomous reptiles (or +2 Kg) or arachnids prohibited. This is why I went to my shop to get some info and start with good advice and equipment. Probably soon that shop will be closed because this law will destroy everything: shops, live food supliers, vets, zoos... captive breed at home of any species will be prohibited also.
We are fighting against this damn law and we will keep fighting for our hooby!
Thanks for you job everyone, pleasure to be here learning from you!
Regards,
DespachoAnimal

Spinnenfritzi

Arachnopeon
Big Hello from Austria!

I had my first T at the age of 15 (P.murinus) and got back Info the Hobby about a year ago (i am 38 years old now).
Sitting at 10 Spoods and 1 Scorp atm.
Mostly Aphonopelma species.

I look forward to sharing my massive enjoyment with you all.

krz702

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm Karz. I'm from Florida and I got my first spider a little over a year ago. I have 4 right now (g pulchripe, orphnaecus sp. cebu, orphnaecus sp. quezon blue, and p platyomma) but I'm looking to slowly expand. I especially want more orphnaecus, but I have plenty on my wishlist.

I've been stalking this forum for all my tarantula needs and I'm excited to finally post. o/

Williama918

Arachnopeon
Hi all new to keeping Tarantulas, This place seems to be better then others to look for ideas and help when needed. Way better then the trolls on youtube. I keep snakes and large lizards, now i have a Brazilian Black and a Mexican Red Rump. So far lol. Live just south of Baltimore.