Introduce Yourself

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Hi all new to keeping Tarantulas, This place seems to be better then others to look for ideas and help when needed. Way better then the trolls on youtube. I keep snakes and large lizards, now i have a Brazilian Black and a Mexican Red Rump. So far lol. Live just south of Baltimore.
Welcome to ab šŸ˜Š

ArynAlba

Arachnopeon
Heya heya, everyone! I've been keeping spiders for almost two years (will be two years as of next January)--so I'm not a total noob, but not an expert by any means, haha. I used to have arachnophobia, but living on a farm with arachnophobia is kinda hard. :')
So eventually, I got used to spiders. And then, I started really liking them! I got my first tarantula (a Hapolopus sp. "Colombia" Large, if that's still how it's ID-ed) in January 2022, and I fell in love! I've had to narrow my collection down somewhat, since I am a law student starting a legal internship soon, but I still keep species in the Psalmopoeinae subfamily, as well as OWs, and a few other NWs that I just couldn't part with (like my first T, of course.)

Other than arachnids, I love writing (majored in English, which is a huge help in law,) drawing, all other animals, musicals (namely the "darker" ones, like Jekyll and Hyde), and so on. I'm excited to be here! I've posted on the tarantulas subreddit quite a lot, so I figured I'd check out Arachnoboards as well!

I hope this comment finds you well, whomever is reading this (yes, you) and that you have a great day/night!

CyndiSigyn

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! My name is Cyndi, I live in California (LA county) and I used to be terrified of spiders. I started watching YouTube videos of their husbandry and learned about them, but never thought I would be keeping them. Have been in the hobby since January of 2022 when I purchased my first jumping spiders and a male aphonopelma anax. Now all I have is tarantulas. Aside from Ts, I also have dogs, three to be exact. One of them in particular is a cattle dog and we enjoy exploring together and even herding sheep from time to time.
I am excited to see what awesome things you guys post and hope to also post some cool content.:)

kellylynn

Arachnopeon
Hi there, my name is Kelly and I am hoping to gain some feedback re. my caribena versicolor. I recently transitioned her to a new terrarium (approx. 20hrs ago) and she has been demonstrating high levels of stress. She has plenty of space to hide, she is in a darker area of the house and has access to water. Any additional recommendations to help reduce her stress?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Hi there, my name is Kelly and I am hoping to gain some feedback re. my caribena versicolor. I recently transitioned her to a new terrarium (approx. 20hrs ago) and she has been demonstrating high levels of stress. She has plenty of space to hide, she is in a darker area of the house and has access to water. Any additional recommendations to help reduce her stress?
Stress is normal after a rehouse, sometimes for weeks. Make a thread in the Tarantula Questions and Discussion forum if you'd like more input. Welcome.

Never mind about this ^^ - I see that you did just that!

Last edited:

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Hi all,

My name is Branko, 22, and I started keeping T's about 6 months ago and have been loving it since. I have some pretty sweet chilobrachys dyscolus and intend on adding C fimbriatus and C natanicharum when I can. My other notable friendly burrow is my female OBT-OCF.
I have always loved all types of animals and learning about them. Inverts have always had my respect but I really started getting to know them 2 years ago when I started working as an interpreter at a bug zoo, or arthropod zoo as I call it. Junior biologist and working towards advancing my degree. Officially addicted to spider! This site is truly a blessing for exotic pet keepers and I'm happy to be on here. Cheers/živjeli!

Last edited:

dsmExoticsAndInverts

Arachnopeon
Hi, I currently do not have any tarantulas, but I am looking to get one. I currently have 4 blue death feigning beetles, 1 rough death feigning beetle, and 2 hell burnt diabolical ironclad beetles.

MaraschinoCheryl

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! It's so nice to find this forum. I've been fascinated by tarantulas and people keeping them as pets since I was just a little kid, even when I had absolutely terror-struck arachnophobia at some points growing up. After a lifetime of owning other sorts of pets, and having spent the past few years unexpectedly devoted to all sorts of house plants (Very relaxing to care for and doesn't really need human attention...), I've finally decided to cave in and am working up to owning my very first tarantula(s) in the coming months. I hope that I can find this forum useful before and during my spider hobbying, much love.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hello everyone! It's so nice to find this forum. I've been fascinated by tarantulas and people keeping them as pets since I was just a little kid, even when I had absolutely terror-struck arachnophobia at some points growing up. After a lifetime of owning other sorts of pets, and having spent the past few years unexpectedly devoted to all sorts of house plants (Very relaxing to care for and doesn't really need human attention...), I've finally decided to cave in and am working up to owning my very first tarantula(s) in the coming months. I hope that I can find this forum useful before and during my spider hobbying, much love.
Plenty of good info here!

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
LoL, your story is similar to a good number of people here, mine included. I'm an orchid & nepenthes guy myself, though...
At any rate, welcome aboard, friend...

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
You'll defintely find Arachnoboards very helpful at all stages of keeping and I am sure you'll find them enjoyable and fascinating to keep! Welcome to AB!!

ozzymandias

Arachnopeon
This is the first time I've actually used a forum, so hopefully I'm doing this right. I actually don't have any spiders, but I'm very interested in them. I rescued a bearded dragon from a family member last year, and since then I've fallen down quite a rabbit hole. I keep crickets, kingworms, and dubia roaches for my lizard, and that gave me the idea to start building vivariums for arthropods. I have a tank with Madagascar hissing cockroaches and a tank with darkling beetles. I would like to branch out though, and I've been thinking about getting vampire crabs or a tarantula. Stumbled across this site just today while researching what plants to use in the crab terrarium. Thought I'd make an account and have a look around!

My dragon is named Ozymandias :)
Oh, and you can call me Lee I suppose.

ADHDARACHN1D

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone :cool: first time ive actually thought about joining any forum if i am honest. i came away from social media a while back and have no way of speaking to anyone about this awesome hobby we share. my names Luke, from the UK :)

ultramagnys

Arachnopeon
hi, i already posted on the tarantula questions thread but iā€™ll introduce myself since iā€™m new to the forum!! iā€™m rhys, iā€™m 17, and iā€™m a goth girl obsessed with snakes whoā€™s branching out into arachnids as well!! i donā€™t really see anyone else posting pictures but I think Iā€™m pretty cool so iā€™m gonna do that.

Attachments

frankensteim

Arachnopeon
Hey!
So I am to new to loving spiders. Iā€™ve never been that frightening of them, but I definitely got a little adrenaline rush when I would go cover them with a cup to rehome them.
Then my toddler decided that bugs were his absolutle favorite thing! He especially loves roly polys but told me the other that day ā€œspiders are my best bugā€ šŸ„°

Iā€™ve so loved seeing him so interested in learning about bugs of all kinds and while seeking out information to share with him I discovered I actually adore spiders.

We now have our first jumper. Donā€™t know sex yet but my toddler named them ā€œFrankensteimā€ (hence my username). Iā€™m so in love with this little spood and could watch them all day! Iā€™ve been spending all my time learning on how to give them the best adorable lil life I can.

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
Hi everyone :cool: first time ive actually thought about joining any forum if i am honest. i came away from social media a while back and have no way of speaking to anyone about this awesome hobby we share. my names Luke, from the UK :)
Welcome to the forum, friend!

Hey all
New to the hobby, massively addicted now. Into my old worlds šŸ‘Œ
I'm Kell and I'm in the UK
Welcome aboard, Kell!

hi, i already posted on the tarantula questions thread but iā€™ll introduce myself since iā€™m new to the forum!! iā€™m rhys, iā€™m 17, and iā€™m a goth girl obsessed with snakes whoā€™s branching out into arachnids as well!! i donā€™t really see anyone else posting pictures but I think Iā€™m pretty cool so iā€™m gonna do that.
Welcome to the forums, Rhys...you look great, post away :snaphappy:

Hey!
So I am to new to loving spiders. Iā€™ve never been that frightening of them, but I definitely got a little adrenaline rush when I would go cover them with a cup to rehome them.
Then my toddler decided that bugs were his absolutle favorite thing! He especially loves roly polys but told me the other that day ā€œspiders are my best bugā€ šŸ„°

Iā€™ve so loved seeing him so interested in learning about bugs of all kinds and while seeking out information to share with him I discovered I actually adore spiders.

We now have our first jumper. Donā€™t know sex yet but my toddler named them ā€œFrankensteimā€ (hence my username). Iā€™m so in love with this little spood and could watch them all day! Iā€™ve been spending all my time learning on how to give them the best adorable lil life I can.
Hahaha, that's a great reason to get into them...good for you AND you little one! Welcome aboard...

gabrieldezzi

Arachnosquire
Hello! You can just call me Gabriel. I am a 17 year old tarantula keeper and avid hobbyist, and I've been obsessed with spiders ever since I was a little boy. Last year, I got my first tarantula, an avicularia avicularia (who I still have!) and since then I have kept six tarantulas in total. I'm still learning, as we all have and recently last month picked up my first Old World due to myself feeling ready. So far it's been great, but the husbandry is definitely a little more intense than all the New Worlds I've owned before. Below is a list of species I've owned over my experience.

Avicularia avicularia
Hapalopus sp. Columbia
Psalmopoeus irminiA
Pamphobetus Platyomma
Aphonopelma chalcodes
Pterinochilus murinus

Hopefully many more! I'm always here to talk about tarantula needs, and am always willing to get tips from veterans in the hobby.

I've been helping to stop the demonization of tarantulas/spiders in my community (I'm one of the very few tarantula-keepers in my town), and I will often name my tarantulas silly names; I found that children and arachnophobes become much calmer when the "big scary spider" is named Herbie or Luigi (the names of my A. chalcodes and my P. murinus respectively). Hopefully one day, spiders and tarantulas would be respected as the beautiful animals they are, but we could only hope.

Hey all
New to the hobby, massively addicted now. Into my old worlds šŸ‘Œ
I'm Kell and I'm in the UK
Old Worlds are great!! Just remember to be careful with them as with all your T's.