Introduce Yourself

Baby T

Arachnoknight
don't worry about it!if you don't like it don't read it.I've got ban from two websites.because I did not reply straight away accused me of being rude.always log out!!I've just become a member someone was rude to me.I didn't rise to it.your get respect by asking questions and trying to help others.it will show your love of the hobby.So this second time round for you,good luck!
Thanks for that! I'm over it and really they were just trying to help.
I want to be as clued up as possible to give my Ts the right life so will continue to ask questions and fill my brain with knowledge!

Link30

Arachnopeon
Hi!

New to the site, I was looking for ideas how to make a better enclosure for my T.

I have a 15 y/o Brachypelma Albopilosum and a sling that I got from the store for free, have no idea what it's species though.

Tom.

my spider IMG_20200517_015902.jpg

MrZorak

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone,

My name is Pete. I go by MrZorak on Instagram. The account is mostly focused on praying mantids, but I have been branching out to other predatory insects. For arachnids I am particularly interested in jumping spiders and I am currently learning about the care and breeding of some native species. Right now I have: adult female Eris miltaris (bronze jumper), juvenile female Eris militaris, two adult (I believe) male Eris militaris, one adult female Colonus Sp (likely sylvanus) and one adult male Phidippus audax (Bold Jumper). I have a couple others but I am still trying to determine species. They are very small and I can't tell. One looks like it may be a Paraphidippus sp, the other an Asiatic Wall Jumper.

Anyway, happy to be hear and learn!

Rob78

Arachnopeon
Hi All, not been here for a couple of years due to well, you know.... Life but getting back into the hobby again as still have my 3 T's and looking to add some new ones soon, hope everyone is keeping safe and may well be picking some of your brains in the near future

GaryTheHouseCentipede

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm a longtime fan of all things bugs and I am currently documenting my adventures with my newly caught house centipede.

Gary the House Centipede was caught a few weeks ago in my house and I decided to keep him as a pet since I had never tried keeping a house centipede before. I've had tarantulas, scorpions, and other inverts but I usually don't keep bugs I can catch locally.

I'm keeping a blog where I post photos and videos of his life and progress.

Here's a picture of Gary enjoying the terrarium I put together for him:

terrarium002.jpg

Last edited:

LazyWorldDestroyer

Arachnopeon
Hello!

My name is Jesse and I'm happy to finally be apart of the forums. I was always a lurker for years , never owning an invert. My experience from the exotic world come from the Rhacodactylus line of reptiles "crested geckos, gargoyles, leachies etc."

However I've always been interested in owning a tarantula. Originally I started by just looking over caresheets, beginner suggestions and forum tips. Which then led to finding a place to order from.

Which was a task in itself, and ended up on a beginner aboreal species.

Can't wait to continue learning from all the informative people on this site. Have a great week.

Last edited:

ratmilk

Arachnopeon
Hello! I just joined from London, considering getting my first T after many years of thinking about it. Here to seek knowledge and opinions!

wrylyaddison

Arachnopeon
New hobbyist from Dallas, Texas here! Joined because I think my friends and family are sick of pretending to be interested in my small collection. Would love to make some friends and learn more about husbandry.

Pep48ito

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I'm Kyle, I'm currently 28 going on 29. I've been a long time reptile keeper, started as a child and never stopped, about 10 years ago I got my first T a rosie, shes still alive and well. I found this site after looking up some more information on the spider I've kept to see if any care requirements had changed or anything of like and started down the rabbit hole of being more and more fascinated by these animals, and wanting to explore the hobby further! I look forward to learning all I can from here and hope to enjoy these creatures for years to come.

rololess

Arachnopeon
Hey there! I’m Garion from Ohio. I am very new to the tarantula keeping world. So new in fact, that I am still looking for a tarantula to keep! I have been researching for the past couple of weeks the proper care and I think I’m ready! If someone could point me in a direction for good breeders it would be much appreciated!

Scaleister Crawly

Arachnopeon
Greetings! I've been registered on Arachnoboards for almost a year, but I've been lurking for that time. So here is my intro post!

I'm 30 and live in North Dakota. I've been keeping arachnids for a year now.

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
Hello, everyone.

I've never cared for spiders of any calibre at any point in my existence thus far. In fact, "never cared for" is putting a rather attractive veneer on the ugly sentiment they'd invoke.
I've yet to experience a similarly profound about-face, but I had the strangest of dreams. I can't explain it other than to say that in this dream, I had a rather large & colourful peacock of a tarantula that was apparently a favourite companion. Since waking up from this dream, I've developed a rather spectacular fascination with even the giant "orb weavers(?)" in my eves, & in cast nets around my flood lamps. Truly bizzare; this time last month I'd have thought them grotesque abominations, but now I'm utterly captivated....to the point that I've researched & thus decided to purchase a C. versicolor. I've kept various species of mantis, so I feel confident that I'll do well by it. However, I'm happy such a place as this exists to allow for consultation with the vastly experienced.

Thank you for reading, & I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Gurantula

Arachnosquire
Hey everyone!

So my name is Eric and I live in Massachusetts. I've been interesting in insects and the sorts all my life. When I was a kid I would often be out in the backyard looking for spiders, rollipollies and those awesome black and orange caterpillars(?). I did this so much that to this day the smell of an empty coffee can (what my parents would give me to collect the bugs in) still reminds me of 'bug huntin' in springtime and nothing else. Anyways, so 15 years ago (I'm now 30) I got a sweet little Grammostola rosea and she is still with me today. My collection has grown a little since then and now I'm looking to further my knowledge of this wonderful hobby. I'm going to be honest and say that I tend to read more than post, but I really want to try to be an active member here. You guys in this forum have taught me a lot and I hopefully can return the favor.

Hope to see you guys around

Darkcrystal

Arachnopeon
Hello!
My name is Crystal, super noobie here! Just got my first tarantula. Grammostola pulchripes. Very excited to explore this forum and learn as much as I can, any and all advise is greatly appreciated. I'm in San Diego California

TigerLily34

Arachnopeon
I've been using the website for tarantula help for the last four years and I finally got over myself and joined.

Still a high schooler so my tarantula collection is limited as are my resources, but as of now I have 3 T's and 12 unidentified scorpions. I do however breed lots and lots of hissing roaches for fun, I think they're adorable.

Muffet

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, many of the videos and guides I have watched have pointed us to this forum. Me and my fiancee are starting are magical journey in this hobby very soon. I have had a little bit of experience raising a 1/2" sling to adolescence several years ago, but sadly due to problems in my life I had to let the little one go. Me and my fiancee have been discussing getting a new T for a long time now and now that we have purchased our own home we have lots of free space to set up tanks for our little friends. We have a seller here in TN that is willing to part with their adolescent female B. Smithi so the adventure starts anew! Thanks for having us!

IamNick

Arachnopeon
Hey all, I'm Nick. I'm from Illinois, I'll keep this short and sweet since intro's are not my forte. I currently have one T, among a host of other things. Anything else anyone would like to know, just ask.

Thanks!

ElytraXD

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!
I’m Alan and I’ve been a fan of bugs most my life. I’ve been keeping mantids for four years and currently own an orchid mantis.
Thanks for letting me in!

Gettincloser

Arachnopeon
Howdy guys. This is Matthew. Located near Huntsville, TX. Found this board through Tom's Big Spiders. Only have 1 T right now (Texas Brown) but I got it more or less full grown (male) and now realize that they do not last as long... <edit>

Last edited by a moderator: