Introduce Yourself

triffeh

Arachnopeon
Hi, new register but I've been using the forum as a bit of a resource via google-lurking. Got into arachnids via the reptile->bioactive->isopods+springtails for cleanup->isopod morphs->dubia colony->tarantula route. Currently just keep a T. albopilosus and a D. diamantinensis. The curly hair is adorable and a very polite tong-feeder, but the little D. diamantinensis I picked up on an impulse via craigslist is the one that made me fall in love with Ts.
My favorite arachnid is Anasaitis canosa. Never kept one as a pet but I see them daily around the house and yard, so much personality in such a tiny package.

Dumu

Arachnopeon
Hey all. Bought a sling for my son and trying to get as much info as possible for everyone's benefit. Books help and have given us a frame of reference. Advice from real world owners helps with a moving animal that is proving to be full of surprises.

The username is my son's nickname. He got a kick out of finding the author of one of his books on this board (Mark Jacobi). Our first T is an A. Geniculata that my wife calls Tula.

-Peter

Attachments

EvilTrailMix

Arachnopeon
I'm not exactly new, but I guess I should introduce myself! I've been in the hobby since 1998. I registered here years ago to leave a review for Charles Black (Botarby8s), then completely forgot I even had an account. I used to be active on a different forum, which died years ago. I've used AB as a research tool for years, and when I tried to register recently, discovered I already had an account. lol Trying to get back into forums again.

ScorpGuyNW

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone I'm Kenny. I have a Heterometrus Spinifer which is my first scorpion. I've had him (I think its a him anyway) for about a week and he eats, sleeps, drinks, and lives a pretty cozy life. I am looking forward to connecting with yall and learning all I can.

Attachments

InvertNix

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm Nix I've only recently joined I live in England. I'm 31 and the mum to 2 lovely kids. I have 2 giant land snails, porcellio pruinosus orange (lost count of those there's so many) 5 bermese beauty millipedes, 8 velvet slugs and am attempting to hatch some extatosoma tiaratum and black beauty stick insects.

Last edited:

Ic4ru577

Arachnopeon
I am Jun of Indonesia. I just got a 2” b. Klaasi. Searched the net for info and found this site to be helpful and informative.

psychgrl

Arachnopeon
Hi! My name is Rebecca and I just joined. I had tarantulas years ago (mostly brachypelma species and one C. cyaneopubescens) and have decided to return to the hobby! I have a C. versicolor and a G. pulchra arriving this week. I'm so excited to have tarantulas again and had to refrain from ordering many more! After these guys settle then maybe... :) I've had all kinds of pets...snakes, geckos, bearded dragons, scorpions, rats, tarantulas (obviously) and the typical dogs. I live in central PA and work at Penn State. Maybe I'll take one in to my office when we go back to working in person! Haha!

Songbirdsingz

Arachnopeon
Hey guys! My name is Jacob. I am 26. I live in Alabama, USA. I was a LONG time arachnophobe. I eventually started learning about insects and arachnids and joined a big group on Facebook that studies entomology. I eventually started to overcome my arachnid fear about a year ago. A few weeks ago I decided I would try raising a T after weeks of research. I picked up a Pink-Toe (avic avic) named Thundara. I have handled her and she is extremely docile and amazing. She's my profile pic! Anyway I am super new to arachnoboards and a new Tarantula hobbyist. If any other newbies wanna be friends hmu! We can learn together! Welcome to all!

Slater8486

Arachnopeon
Hi, my name is Slater and I've recently bought my son a Dead Leaf Mantis, it is only very small. About 3cm at the moment.

I have read up quite a lot on the feeding and I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me. So far we've had him two days and fed him/her two small flies which he gobbled up very quickly.

On research though I have seen people saying feed every other day or some sites saying every 2/3 days and others that say if he eats it add another until they leave the prey alone.

I was wondering if anyone is a bit of a scholar with Dead Leaf Mantis Nymphs and which is the best approach?

Thank you

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Hi, my name is Slater and I've recently bought my son a Dead Leaf Mantis, it is only very small. About 3cm at the moment.

I have read up quite a lot on the feeding and I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me. So far we've had him two days and fed him/her two small flies which he gobbled up very quickly.

On research though I have seen people saying feed every other day or some sites saying every 2/3 days and others that say if he eats it add another until they leave the prey alone.

I was wondering if anyone is a bit of a scholar with Dead Leaf Mantis Nymphs and which is the best approach?
If anyone wants to help Slater with mantis care, please post your response here: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/new-to-the-mantis-world-my-question-is-on-dead-leaf-mantis.336749/

Veroct

Arachnopeon
Hello, from southeast asia, just got into keeping since a few weeks ago, hopefully i can learn from your experiences, thank you :)

The Spider House

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, my name is Phil. I have been keeping and now breeding tarantulas for over 30 years and currently have approx 350 spiders in my collection.

I am looking forward to being part of this forum having been a prominent member (and still am) on another forum for many years. For those that haven't guessed, it's the Tarantula Forum and I am user name Phil on there. I knew there are members on here that also cross over so hopefully you will recognise me. :)

My user name here (The Spider House) is an affectionate name given to me by my neighbours....LOL

Thank you to @Jess S for the recommendation to join.

I will be sharing lots and lots of pics of my beautiful babies so watch this space.. :)