Introduce Yourself

Davidln1

Arachnopeon
Hello all,

My name is Levi, I live in Southern Illinois, I work full time as a police detective and I own one sling a Lasiodora Parahybana (1/2" currently) which I purchased from fear not. I got into this hobby slightly spontaneously but since have been searching across here, facebook, YouTube and soaking in some great information.

Other hobbies I enjoy are Photography (I have a macro lens 😏), going to the gym, training brizilian jiu Jitsu, and the majority of outdoor activities.

Alongcameapider

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! New to this forum, not sure exactly how this all works here. I’m not exactly new to keeping Tarantulas, but certainly still learning more everyday. I have 9 in total including a scorpion. I’m looking forward to learning more from everyone here!

Dead Blue Deer

Arachnopeon
Howdy folks! I live in Tucson AZ. Insects have been a constant in my life (raised by an entomologist) but I really only got into appreciating spiders in the last four years or so. I got my first tarantula (B. boehmei) in October of 2018 and now have several in my care. In regards to the hobby, my interest is primarily in New World terrestrial tarantulas. I'm hoping to educate myself more on set ups and enclosures, the care of slings, and establishing a dubia roach colony.

I'm also happy to aid in identification for any spiders or insects found outside or in the house.

My other hobbies include finding/cleaning animal bones, photography, and hiking.

I'm excited to learn a lot in these forums!

Eimericus

Arachnopeon
Hi al! I'm from Maastricht, the Netherlands. I always loved inverts and other exotic animals. I recently started to really build a collection of tarantula's. I've been reading a lot in these forums, but now I descided to register and be part of this community.
I want to learn as much as possible about these beautiful creatures!

Danji Isthmus

Arachnopeon
HIya! I just recently dove into spider care, I currently have 6 Jumpers and 10 Ts. My partner doesn't like spiders but takes lovely photos of mine and has grown to respect them through that. I wanted to join here to see what all is happening and what new critters may be coming to where I live or where I can see new species even if not legal in my area (just to see in that case, obviously not to buy)

Also looking at building custom enclosures in the near future and might see what the community thinks of them so I may get some input to improve on things~ Just lots of love for bugs on my end. :)

heldipede

Arachnopeon
Hi all! My name is Jen. I'm a digital librarian and long time millipede and reptile keeper located in Nashville TN. I am in the process of going back to grad school! I've noticed that there isn't easy to search, unified information on myriapods and that all arthropods, but myriapods in particular, have a real problem with synonymy (having been named in the taxonomic record more than once!) and I believe this is an issue with information access. And in my research towards keeping my own beautiful millipedes, I have found husbandry, environment, and care information lacking. So, as I return to school and continue my research, I plan to create a unified, easy to search database that will allow researchers to avoid synonymy and expand our knowledge of myriapods, particularly North American myriapods. Looking forward to chatting and researching with you all and learning about 'hidden' information so we can bring our hobby and our research to light!

ahintofmadness

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone. I'm brand new to the world of Arachnids, specifically I'm collecting Jumping Spiders as pets. My name is David, and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I work at the Phoenix VA in Social Work.
I have a long history of run ins with the 8 legged kind, but never had any spiders as pets. I had an Emporer Scorpion when I was in middle school in Florida, but my father let it out of its enclosure while I was at school and it disappeared into the house, never to be seen again.
I look forward to being a part of the community and maybe getting some help identifying these little critters I find!

SGT A

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
How’s it going all. I’m James from Texas. Army SGT and proud owner of two lil fuzzy troopers. An Avic Avic “mittens” and a GBB “Ammo”. They are daddy’s angels. I enjoy long walks through fields of camel spiders, arid environments and extreme heat. Been a long time creeper of this forum prior to buying any of my babies. I hope primarily to further my knowledge and as my experience increases, to pass on my knowledge to new T owners. I enjoy increasing awareness and popularity of Ts in general as there are so many out there with self imposed phobias of these cute lil critters. Love em.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

sTalker21

Arachnopeon
Hello!

Glad to be here! I have several 12 T's both old and new worlds and I'm looking to expand my collection.

Thanks for letting me join!!

Snearl

Arachnopeon
Hello all! I've stalked these forums for nearly 3 years and now I've decided to join!

I have 30 tarantulas in my collection as of this post!

Ninergal84

Arachnopeon
Hello,
My name is Daisy, I’m from Salinas, Ca. I’ve been reading some of threads for a few months. I have a pink toe tarantula, it’s my first tarantula ever. I think it’s a female so I named her Legs. I was terrified at first but I’m really enjoying having her. I decided to join because I have some molting questions. I’m still trying to figure out how to post my question.

Match

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I'm Matthew and I live in Scotland

I currently have 3 colonies of millipedes: Giant African Olive Millipedes, Zebra Millipedes and Delta Brown Millipedes. I'll hopefully get some pictures up when they're exploring.

In the past I've kept scorpions, tarantulas, corn snakes, praying mantis, assassin bugs and fire-bellied toads. Focusing more on Millipedes just now as I think they look awesome and they're more kid friendly :) Hopefully get some new millipedes in the future.

kazzmaniandevil

Arachnopeon
Hi, totally here on behalf of my son. He is obsessed by spiders and creepy crawlies. Me? Not so much !! So after bribing him to get him to eat all his dinners we promised him a spider. ( I have had to overcome huge fears to get his spider!!) we have a Chilean Rose and she has just moulted. It’s sending me into a right tizz as I keep worrying ive killed it!! Will try and post pics once I’ve figured out how to!!

Attachments

8Leggy

Arachnopeon
Hey all,

I love animals in general. I have some experience, mostly with spiders and am looking to get my first pet scorpion. Lovin the info on the boards especially about communal scorpions.

Two short legs

Arachnopeon
Hi all,name Two Short Legs.not really new to spiders,She's left so did the spiders.So now I have a couple of spiders.who have found a home with me.And a snake.you all stay safe.

Ryan SC

Arachnopeon
Hello!
Been lurking for a while (years). Getting back into the hobby after a 5 year absence due to education. 25 years old and into aquariums as well.
Re-entering the hobby with Avicularia sp. Santa Mission & Psytalla horrida... When the snow stops bugging us in Norway.

Cheers!

Baby T

Arachnoknight
Hello all.
I'm Dani from Bristol in the UK.
Currently raising a b.smithi sling, it actually looks like a T now!
Also have a GBB about 4 years old, a juvi geniculata and a new juvi m. balfouri.
Got some recent flack for my m.balfouri set up, and general miss use of terms and names, so hoping to redeem myself and get on the right side of all these lovely experts! :geek:
Look forward to meeting you all.

Baby T

Arachnoknight
don't worry about it!if you don't like it don't read it.I've got ban from two websites.because I did not reply straight away accused me of being rude.always log out!!I've just become a member someone was rude to me.I didn't rise to it.your get respect by asking questions and trying to help others.it will show your love of the hobby.So this second time round for you,good luck!
Thanks for that! I'm over it and really they were just trying to help.
I want to be as clued up as possible to give my Ts the right life so will continue to ask questions and fill my brain with knowledge!