Introduce Yourself

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
Anudder new Guy,
Hello from Granbury Texas.
I found this guy in the shop about a month ago. It Molted last week.
Now it's Black and slowly turning brown.
I am assuming it a Texas Brown T.
At the present time I keep it in a glass aquarium. And feed it crickets. It ate 2 crickets right before it Molted.
But hasn't eaten since.
I keep one Cricket in the enclosure for when it ready to eat again. It hasn't been quit a week since the molt.
Hi new guy! Beautiful tarantula! Welcome to the boards!
Adults only eat a few times a month, it doesn't really need a cricket in its enclosure all the time.

This is especially true while it molts, as even crickets can snack on the defenseless molting tarantula.

BrentOK

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm Brent from Norman, Oklahoma. I just picked up my first sling, a Acanthoscurria Geniculata (Giant whiteknee) and I am very excited to watch it grow and thrive.

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
Hi there, @BrentOK! Congratulations on your first sling! I also have a wee A. geniculate, and am so excited to watch it get big!

LiteraryRecluse

Arachnopeon
Hi,

New here. I like to think that I am experienced and knowledgable about inverts, having kept Ts, centipedes, scorpions, etc., in some capacity or another for 20 years, but I live in an extremely isolated area (we don't even get cell service!) without having been able to 'learn' from others. Got a health issue I need help with so I thought maybe now is the time to join on my crappy rural internet LOL ;)

bigscarab10

Arachnopeon
Hi thank you very much for this resource. I am into rinoceros beetles and various scarabs. I also am raising d titytus and will be happy to share photos.

FrysLament

Arachnopeon
Hello.
I came here to mingle with and talk to other T keepers. I'm a fairly busy fellow... Single dad, full time employee, full time student. I work in tech and I'm dipping my toes in the cyber-security field. I've kept and rescued various exotic animals for the better part of 15 years. Currently just keep T's, a pacman frog, and a cat. As my daughter's interest in animal husbandry grows, we'll likely get back into snakes in addition to our current critters.
Cheers.

Kingsmedic

Arachnopeon
Hello!
Central California resident looking to get into the hobby. Never been an arachnophobe, and freely encouraged my kids to interact with the common safe spiders of our region including some up close time with the local tarantulas (Aphonopelma.???) when the males are out looking for love.
Currently have no spiders, just a dog a cat and a few hermit crabs that like to watch tv. After some reading looking to get a few A.versicolor, and the family is set on finding one or more G.pulchra(Yes I know hard to find in the US.) Anybody who is breeding either, please add me to your notification lists or send me info so that I may check in with you occasionay to see what you have.

moodypiper

Arachnopeon
Hello!
I am fairly new to the hobby of keeping Ts. I've poked around these forms for quite a while as I thoroughly enjoy researching my various interests and obsessions. Thankfully my wife and kids enjoy our Ts too and it is very much a family affair. Here's to many long years of fun!

spacemonkeyjon

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone.

I just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm jonathan. And I have been lurking around this forum and have finally pulled the trigger and picked up a T .

Looking forward to talking to everyone and taking in all the great information this place has to offer.

bugman11

Arachnopeon
greetings all. my name is stephen and i'm here because i need help processing my grief. i've had alice, a gorgeous grammostola rosea, for 27 years, and she's about done. there aren't many people i know who really understand grieving over an invertebrate, so i sought a community of folks who hopefully do. alice has been an amazing companion, and has seen me grow from fro a 19 year-old college kid to a 45 year-old husband, father of two, and professional teacher. we've been together through a lot, and she's always been there, always been steady, always been present. she's accompanied me into classrooms and visits with groups of children over much of that time (i retired her from active educational duties about ten years ago). she's been petted by literally thousands of children, from as young as three to teenage years, and has also met a lot of adults, who were generally much more scared than their children. she's has helped countless people begin to overcome their fears of spiders, and her behaviors have always been consistent and dependable. literally, i can't imagine life without her. i just finished reading charlotte's web to my children, largely to help us as a family think about and mourn our eight-legged family member. i wept hard while reading chapters 21 and 22. i've had all manner of companion animals, dogs, cats, small mammals, herps, various arthropds, but alice has been a singular co-pilot as i've moved through life.

anyway, thanks for listening. from what i've seen on these boards, this is obviously a community of kindred spirits.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
greetings all. my name is stephen and i'm here because i need help processing my grief. i've had alice, a gorgeous grammostola rosea, for 27 years, and she's about done.
I'm sorry to hear that your long-time companion is nearing the end of her days. It's amazing to think of having an animal for 27 years.

We'd love to see some photos of Alice.

Do you have any other tarantulas? If not, are you planning to get another when Alice passes away?

spacemonkeyjon

Arachnopeon
I'm so sorry :(

greetings all. my name is stephen and i'm here because i need help processing my grief. i've had alice, a gorgeous grammostola rosea, for 27 years, and she's about done. there aren't many people i know who really understand grieving over an invertebrate, so i sought a community of folks who hopefully do. alice has been an amazing companion, and has seen me grow from fro a 19 year-old college kid to a 45 year-old husband, father of two, and professional teacher. we've been together through a lot, and she's always been there, always been steady, always been present. she's accompanied me into classrooms and visits with groups of children over much of that time (i retired her from active educational duties about ten years ago). she's been petted by literally thousands of children, from as young as three to teenage years, and has also met a lot of adults, who were generally much more scared than their children. she's has helped countless people begin to overcome their fears of spiders, and her behaviors have always been consistent and dependable. literally, i can't imagine life without her. i just finished reading charlotte's web to my children, largely to help us as a family think about and mourn our eight-legged family member. i wept hard while reading chapters 21 and 22. i've had all manner of companion animals, dogs, cats, small mammals, herps, various arthropds, but alice has been a singular co-pilot as i've moved through life.

anyway, thanks for listening. from what i've seen on these boards, this is obviously a community of kindred spirits.

Vikingsblood

Arachnopeon
Hello to all the fellow T hobbyist out there. My name is Michael, Im 48 years old and live in east-central Indiana. My fascination with T's began when i was 8. I recieved my first one as a gift at the same age, a mature female B. smithi that promptly laid an eggsack, which was just as promptly removed and destroyed by my mother at the time lol. The second T to come along was a G. rosea. Needless to sat this started a lifelong fascination. I have been out of the hobby for about 4 years, but have recently ordered some B. smithi slings. Happy to say I am on my way to being back in the hobby.

Rob78

Arachnopeon
Morning All,
New here nkt sire what to say really, been in the hobby about a year Now amd my collection is -
1 - Chile Rose
2 - Green Bottle Blue
3 - Pink Toe
4 - Peru Red Rump
And my new pride amd joy....
5 - O.B.T (but.....its the Dark Colour Form)
Found by accident in a random store in Devon

cold blood

Staff member
Morning All,
New here nkt sire what to say really, been in the hobby about a year Now amd my collection is -
1 - Chile Rose
2 - Green Bottle Blue
3 - Pink Toe
4 - Peru Red Rump
And my new pride amd joy....
5 - O.B.T (but.....its the Dark Colour Form)
Found by accident in a random store in Devon
AB lesson #1

Never use common names..theyre useless.

For instance..."pink toe" is the common name for like 30 different species...so we still have absolutely no idea what you have.

Peru red rump...have absolutely no idea what that it either.

OBT dark color form...nice...we don't have those available to us n the US.

Rob78

Arachnopeon
AB lesson #1

Never use common names..theyre useless.

For instance..."pink toe" is the common name for like 30 different species...so we still have absolutely no idea what you have.

Peru red rump...have absolutely no idea what that it either.

OBT dark color form...nice...we don't have those available to us n the US.
Ok so...
The pink toe is an avic avic
The peru red rump is a thrixopelma ockerti
The OBT is pretty self explanatory as is the Green Bottle Blue amd Chilean Rose