Introduce Yourself

cold blood

Staff member
See, i have ockerti...lol....and avic avic.

Ockerti just may be the flickiest t I have...soo beautiful though, and great eaters, too.

And yeah, GBB and OBT need no explanation.:happy:

Rob78

Arachnopeon
Yeah my Ockerti has dreadful attitude problem lol but now I have an OBT i think he may have some competition lol

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah my Ockerti has dreadful attitude problem lol but now I have an OBT i think he may have some competition lol
Yeah...same basic bad attitude...they just go about their displeasure in different manners.

Jucaboes

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone!
I am from Colombia South America and got in to macro photography, mainly of jumping spiders. I got here with the objective of finding people that can help me id the species I get to photograph. If this is the rigth place? If so, with thraed should I use to post the pictures?

Thank all in advance!

Phases

Arachnoknight
Hey guys. Forum administrator here, work in IT a variety of ways. In my late 30s, married, couple kids. Week or two a Ravine Trapdoor wanted up to our garage after a heavy rain, next thing I know I have a C. Versicolor. :) (and a Ravine Trapdoor lol). Both have been getting settled in.

Glad to see this board is XF. We (androidforums) migrated a year or so ago, has not been easy due to lots of custom work but, none the less I do like XF much, much more than VB. Kudo's to Keir and Mike!

Anyway, glad to be here!

Vini

Arachnopeon
Hi. I joined the forum because I have a slight interest in keeping massive spiders, what really has kept me from doing it to this day is the fact that in my country this hobby is illegal (I live in Brazil), but since I'll bail out of this homeland next year to a developed country (New Zealand) I came here to learn and study about spider keeping. I'm a RC helicopter pilot (yes this is my main hobby) and I work as an English teacher. I'm also a martial artist as I've been training since I was 4 (I'm 18 now). I'm counting on you guys, add me on PSN, let's get along.

Marchand

Arachnopeon
Hi all.
Marchand from South Africa
Only started now when my daughter bought her first Chilean Rose and while I was doing paperwork on what to do with them and taking care for it, I decided to get myself a taratula too. A Chaco yellow knee.
Anyway, looking forward to learn from the members.

Manga Rachnid

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! I am an artist and long time bug lover, but beginner keeper. I'm a bit on the shy side, so it may take me a while to warm up to the community setting, but I usually get pretty involved once I'm comfortable.

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Hi all! Im Shy, Im new to keeping T's but I've been googly eyeing them for quite afew years! I just got 2 B. Albopilosum for my 18th, a lil sling whos the calmest little guy and is loving prekilled mealworms- and a Juvi whos quite skittish and jumpy so far! (lil guy only arrived this morning and was cold upon opening, dashed as soon as it could) I currently dont know either of their sexes but will be checking once they molt (sling will take some time to have a big enough molt). I also have several other pets who I really love and Im hoping to get a hognose or a scorpion soon ^w^,
Looks great here!
Thanks for taking your time to read this~ Take care!
(<-- Juvi)

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
@Jucaboes - Did you peruse the site and see some different options? If not, I'm happy to help! :)

EDIT: I forgot to say: welcome!! Jumpers are some of my favorite spiders, and I am excited to see your photography!

TarantulaCollective

the_tarantula_collective
Hello, my name is Richard and I am a tarantula addict. I got my first G. rosea in college 17 years ago and went a long time just keeping one T. This past September my addiction took on a life of its own. Im not sure if it was because I moved into a new house with lots of free space in the basement or if I just realized how much enjoyment I got from T's, but my collection has exploded to 70 tarantulas across 60 different species. My 8 year old loves it...the wife is coming around. But every time I tell myself "this is the last T I am buying"....within a month Ive placed another order...lol. I am excited to be a part of this community, thanks for letting me share.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Good morning :)!
After some years of abstinence I start again with tarantulas. Please excuse me, my English is (still) rather bad, I am from Austria and I had no English conversations for a long time :bag:. I hope, I will improve.
In the next two weeks I will get a group of five Monocentropus balfouri slings (they are still with their mother), and I am very excited :happy:.
I also like Avicularia and .. and ... and .... ^^.
Alles wird gut. Wilkommen :)

And welcome back to the hobby.

TylerFishman5675

Arachnosquire
hi, I just joined, I recently left the fish keeping hobby, (I do plan on returning to it one day) however I've always kept spiders seasonally, especially those in the family saltcidae, don't know how you can be afraid of spiders when they are so gosh darn interesting, unless of course theirs one crawling on you at night :)

Colette

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Colette from the UK. Been interested in tarantulas for years and finally got my first when I moved house 2 years ago. Up to 3 now and will definitely get more.
Joined here because my research led me to realise I'd had some bad advice from my local place and wanted to get info and advice from folks who know what they're talking about.

Lezboats

Arachnopeon
What's up? My name is Morgan and I just really love animals. I actually used to be petrified of spooders until I held a red knee, and since then I've wanted one of my own. I love herps and I really enjoy the care and research that goes into keeping them. I don't know anything about inverts, really, except I've kept a few mantids before. Please do not attempt to contact me in regards to dating or anything like that, as I am in a relationship and not interested, thank you. (oh and I am from the USA)

I currently have an American Bullfrog (m) that I do not plan to breed. I also have a Quaker Parrot and a dog that provides service work for me, I am disabled.

Anything you can tell me about the most docile spiders would be lit, and I also have a fascination with scorpions

Well that's me!

cold blood

Staff member
What's up? My name is Morgan and I just really love animals. I actually used to be petrified of spooders until I held a red knee, and since then I've wanted one of my own. I love herps and I really enjoy the care and research that goes into keeping them. I don't know anything about inverts, really, except I've kept a few mantids before.
You are among like minds...we're pretty much all animal lovers here;)

Spend a good amount of time just reading threads, even ones that may not initially interest you...sometimes those turn into the best learning experiences. But there are a ton of threads about or talking about docile species..Euthlus sp. red/yellow, T. cyaneolum, A. chalcodes and G. pulchripes/pulchra are some of the very best that might interest you.
Please do not attempt to contact me in regards to dating or anything like that, as I am in a relationship and not interested, thank you. (oh and I am from the USA)
This is a site dedicated to animals, specifically arachnids. Its not treated like a dating site at all...it is a great place to talk with like minded people with all kinds of vast experience from across the globe....and a great place to learn,
dog that provides service work for me
What kind of dog? Sorry, I freakin' love dogs....they're my favorite people.

jpb1818

Arachnopeon
Hello,
I am from Huntsville, Alabama, and am not well versed in forums. I am simply looking for help identifying a spider, and so far other sites I have visited have made it so difficult for someone like me to ask a question and upload a picture. I just want to know if the spider I caught is a brown recluse. It resembles several different spiders, and I just don't know what exactly to look for to make a positive ID. Would some please help a desperate person, me? Thanks.

Attachments

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I just want to know if the spider I caught is a brown recluse. It resembles several different spiders, and I just don't know what exactly to look for to make a positive ID..
This is a harmless cellar spider (Pholcus cf. phalangioides).

Please post any future ID requests on True Spiders & Other Arachnids, where they are more likely to be spotted by those with the knowledge to identify them.

I just want to know if the spider I caught is a brown recluse. It resembles several different spiders, and I just don't know what exactly to look for to make a positive ID..
Rick Vetter wrote a great guide called "How to Identify and Misidentify a Brown Recluse Spider." Eye arrangement alone will exclude most spiders as potential recluses. Another good way to exclude many spiders as potential recluses is to check whether the legs and abdomen are uniformly colored. (If you see bands on the legs or mottling on the abdomen, it's not a brown recluse.)

TMan88

Arachnopeon
What's up? My name is Morgan and I just really love animals. I actually used to be petrified of spooders until I held a red knee, and since then I've wanted one of my own. I love herps and I really enjoy the care and research that goes into keeping them. I don't know anything about inverts, really, except I've kept a few mantids before. Please do not attempt to contact me in regards to dating or anything like that, as I am in a relationship and not interested, thank you. (oh and I am from the USA)

I currently have an American Bullfrog (m) that I do not plan to breed. I also have a Quaker Parrot and a dog that provides service work for me, I am disabled.

Anything you can tell me about the most docile spiders would be lit, and I also have a fascination with scorpions

Well that's me!
Hey Morgan welcome to the boards, hope to see your collection and interest grow.

jpb1818

Arachnopeon
This is a harmless cellar spider (Pholcus cf. phalangioides).

Please post any future ID requests on True Spiders & Other Arachnids, where they are more likely to be spotted by those with the knowledge to identify them.

Rick Vetter wrote a great guide called "How to Identify and Misidentify a Brown Recluse Spider." Eye arrangement alone will exclude most spiders as potential recluses. Another good way to exclude many spiders as potential recluses is to check whether the legs and abdomen are uniformly colored. (If you see bands on the legs or mottling on the abdomen, it's not a brown recluse.)
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I released it early this morning to carry on with but killing, lol. I appreciate your help! :)